Floyd, Smoke both active against Panthers

Posted by Darren Urban on October 30, 2016 – 8:34 am

The Cardinals will have a full receiving corps against the Panthers.

Michael Floyd and John “Smokey” Brown are both active against the Panthers today, so that should help a passing game against a defense that has had its issues against the pass. After how beat up the Cards were after the Seahawks game, the inactive list isn’t bad. The full list:

— WR Chris Hubert

— LB Alex Okafor (calf)

— G Cole Toner

— DT Olsen Pierre

— TE Darren Fells (ankle)

— DT Ed Stinson (toe)

— DT Xavier Williams

The Panthers, who were already going to be without their starting left tackle Michael Oher (concussion), are also without arguably their best cornerback today with James Bradberry sidelined with a toe injury.

Tags: , ,

30 Responses to “Floyd, Smoke both active against Panthers”

1. By creditcard on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Huge game. If Cards show up, and starting winning they will be more play-off ready than last year. Then again, if they lose, the Cards would be quickly becoming the most disappointing team this year.

The injury to Troy Niklas was huge. No quality back-up TE, and he was an answer to the long-snapper. Current long snapper is too small —

Play calling must also improve — appears predictable this year.

Game is huge — we’ll see which Card team shows up.

2. By Patrick on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Please explain why Yuma ARIZONA is not in Cardinal territory and we have to watch the ot of bengals Redskins?

3. By Dan on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Clarify, been 1 minutes since Palmers incomplete forward pass that is now a Touchdown. What game is our stupid Coach watching? Throw the f-in red flag u IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. Are u serious??????????? Unbelievable…….I’m truly speechless. UNBELIEVABLE! Has he lost his marbles?

4. By creditcard on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Spoke too soon … Cards down 7-0 fumble, I guess they’re not going to show up.

O-line blew it

5. By dan on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

No risk-it no biscuit………..no challenge no win…….no win no job if u keep coaching like this.

6. By Dan on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Arians has lost his Mojo……….times up dude. He’s just collecting a paycheck……..day 1 from this year he just don’t care……I can see it on his face. Special teams is still a joke by the way.

7. By Brett Colorado on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Spent good money to watch this pee wee team

8. By Cligg on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Doesn’t matter. Their backbto b playing like the old cards. 1-5 Carolina and we’re letting them walk all over us

9. By Dan on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Okay, been about 1 minutes since Olsen was clearly out of bounds and Coach Arians AGAIN did not throw a challenge flag…..would have forced them to kick a field goal but instead COACH gives then ANOTHER TD…….so that is 11 points Coach Biscuit has give the Panthers I guess if Coach don’t care then I don’t care………off with the TV. He needs to be fired.

10. By Brett Colorado on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Well back to the room to many flashbacks

11. By dan on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Coach Arians needs to be fired, along with the special teams coach. Clearly not the same Coach……….must be on meds that took away his ability to coach.

12. By Eric G on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

This team is toast. Down 0-21 with zero effort is pathetic. Wtf BA on not challenging that Olsen catch? Everyone just sucks

13. By Dan on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Probably still win our lame division, no thanks to Coach Careless

14. By Homer Simpson on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

I’ ve seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!

15. By creditcard on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Words to describe 1st half:

Woeful
    Pathetic
    Laid a turd

I said this during preseason, the Cards do not look like a playoff team. Lack luster, slower than the opponent, lack of energy, just something is missing —

Coaching staff looks retired.

I predict the Cards will be in the running for the 1st over-all pick in the 2018 draft — perhaps there will be a gem of a QB then. Logic: this year, the Cards will be a 10-15 round draft pick. Next year, they will be in the top 3. Move over Cleveland Browns! Don’t worry fans, we’ll do a block buster move and trade Chicago our top pick for a deteriorating Jay Cutler.

16. By creditcard on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

1st series for Panthers … score with FG. 1st series for Cards, sack, fumble, ends in a wind-aided 40-yard punt.

Holy smokes we’re awful

17. By Scott H on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Is it time to just stop caring? 30-7 in the 3rd quarter of what is certainly a loss. We’re below .500 after 8 games. Anyone see a playoff team here? I don’t. But I sure an glad we could provide a 1-5 team with a nice comfy stepping stool. That is what the Cardinals used to do back in the dark ages. Hate to say it, but the 2016 Cardinals are closer to THAT then they are to what they were in 2015 ( which is now a distant memory ).

18. By Eric G on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

11 vs 18 out there. Officials are on the panthers side

19. By D on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

What a joke this team and season is becoming.
    Terrible coaching. The entire team is only going through the motions
    Entire Oline didn’t show up. Watford needs replaced next year with a high draft pick along with a young QB by round 2.

20. By dynosoar on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Couldn’t watch the game. What happened? I always have high hopes for this team, but this year I just don’t get it. We finally have the pass rush we always felt we needed, we have back most of last years team that took us to the NFC Championship game, we should Not be struggling to have a winning season, yet here we are.

I still believe and feel we can win out. I don’t know where that gets us, but I’d love to see it.

My question is, will we?

I don’t care
    I don’t care
    I don’t care at all
    Cardinals until I die
    so I don’t care at all

Actually I do care and I’ll watch every game I can till the seasons over, but I’ll be true to our team till I die (and if we get to watch football in the eternities, I’ll be watching there as well.)

21. By GARYHICKERSON on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

ALL THE CARSON PALMER HATERS WILL TRY TO BLAME THIS LOSS ON HIM, HOWEVER I DONT CARE WHO YOU HAVE AT QB,,IF YOUR SACKED 8 TIMES [SACKED 7 TIMES IN THE FIRST HALF]KNOCKED DOWN 11 TIMES,THATS NOT ON THE QB, THATS ON THE O-LINE, THE O-LINE HAS GOT TO DO A LOT BETTER PROTECTING PALMER!!,ALSO LOOKED LIKE OUR DEFENCE WAS STILL STIFF FROM TIE WITH SEATTLE,..ALSO THE REFS HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE IN THEIR NON REVIEW OF PLAYS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN REVIEWED(IN THE FIRST QUARTER THAT WAS A CLEAR FORWARD INCOMPLETE PASS. NOT A FUMBLE!,THAT ONE PLAY SET THE WHOLE TONE OF HERE WE GO AGAIN!!FOR THE REST OF THE GAME!!CMON REFS GOTTA DO A BETTER JOB THAN THAT!!,ALSO I HOPE HONEY BADGER 32 IS OK.,. I HOPE THE ENTIRE CARDINALS TEAM USES THIS BYE WEEK TO GET THINGS RIGHT !! CARDINALS ARE DOWN BUT NOT OUT THANKS TO A SEATTLE LOSS IN NEW ORLEANS!! GO CARDINALS!!

22. By Richard S on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

After watching today’s game I had 2 thoughts. Who’s paying the refs and our team is getting old. I look at David Carr for the Raiders and think the team needs to start looking for a new QB next season, some young agile talent. Yes the Cards have had luck getting old QB’s, but a good young one that would last a few years seems to be in order now. It happens. People get old. I drop something everyday. I can recognize oldness.

23. By Bill Thompson on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

10/30/16 After today’s loss, I ask is it time to start working on higher draft picks for next year (and I think you know what I mean)?

24. By creditcard on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Matador!!!

Cape in hand, the o-line allowed the panthers to flow freely into the backfield disrupting everything. Hard to hit the “hole” when a two d-linemen are 2-yards up field before the hole can even open. Hard to throw a pass, after being sacked 8 times and who knows how many hurries.

O-line stunk

25. By Kevin S Mesa on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Folks, 3-4-1 sucks, but EVERY team we’re chasing for wild cards lost too, except the ‘Skins who tied and are 4-3-1. But we play them so if we beat them, we own the tiebreaker.

Philly, Green Bay, Detroit all lost. OK, NYG didn’t lose, but they didn’t play.

Point is, these teams all have 3 losses. We have 4 (and a tie). We’re not that far behind.

Do I see a playoff team here now? No, but it’s the SAME team, pretty much, that was 13-3 last year, and at one point won nine in a row. So that’s what we need to do — win 8 in a row, or 7 of 8 at least. Very tall order, but don’t give up yet.

Also, that was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen, not giving credit for that being a forward pass. And I see people complaining about Arians not throwing a flag — folks, it’s automatically reviewed. How that withstood review, I have no idea.

26. By Dan on Oct 30, 2016 | Reply

Ever heard of a challenge flag? Coach Arians needs to just walk away……..love the Coach but his hearts not in it. Somethings up with him, don’t know if its a health issue or what. Luckily our division blows and we blow the least so I think we will still win the division, hopefully we can pull our heads out when its playoff time. Our biggest threat is the Seahawks but their O-line is a flat out disaster.

27. By Scott H on Oct 31, 2016 | Reply

Kevin –

I see what you are saying, bro. But as you point out all the teams that are losing, consider that the Saints won yesterday, are still lingering in the picture, and with Carolina winning, they are only ONE win behind us! They could be tied with us before we take the field again!

And the Vikings play tonight.

The entire NFC East has a winning record. That alone has us on the outside looking in. Right now.

But again, I just don’t want to have to look around at how bad everyone else is to keep my hope alive. That shouldn’t be what we have to resort to, not after a 13-3 season. And it just underscores how much this really sucks.

None of it matters if WE can’t start putting wins together and we haven’t shown the ability to do that, outside of consecutive games against the Jets and 49ers.

I don’t want to just be a team that makes the playoffs. I want to be a real playoff team. And right now, we are not.

28. By Kevin S Mesa on Oct 31, 2016 | Reply

Scott H —

Agreed, we are not a playoff team as of now. And it will be much harder to become one with Veldheer out, with Mathieu out at least for a while, with Floyd playing like he may as well be out, etc.

I still maintain that the team’s level of play is NOT that far off from the previous years we’ve all loved. They’ve just lost (or in one case, tied) the close games instead of winning them. And not due to playing badly overall… due simply to the fluke of not being able to make 2 FG’s and somehow managing to lose a game to the Rams where we dominated the game.

Remember, we started out in Palmer’s/Arians’ first year at 3-4 and finished 10-6. And this team is better than that team, at least on paper.

I actually convinced myself, after watching Seattle lose to the Saints and remembering how we dominated Seattle last week, that our path to the playoffs involves winning the division rather than being a wild card. Sure, sounds like a tall order, but Seattle is not Seattle this year, just as we haven’t been ourselves this year. And they still have the Patriots in Foxboro, along with another game with us. They play NE two weeks from today, when we’ll be beating the 49ers. After that game, we’ll be 4-4-1 and they’ll likely be 5-3-1 (unless they also lose to Buffalo in which case they might be 4-4-1 also). We will actually control our own destiny — if we can beat Seattle in Seattle, then all we have to do is match their record over the other remaining games after they lose to NE.

29. By Scott H on Oct 31, 2016 | Reply

Kevin –

Floyd playing like he might as well be out…..amen to that, brother! Good lord, HOW did that happen??? I mean, have you EVER seen a player with his talent and ability ( with the same team, same coaching, same QB, same offense ) just fall right off the map the way he has?? AND in a contract year?? I’ve seen players have this kind of drop off AFTER they get the contract, but never DURING the contract year. Does he realize what he is doing to himself. I wonder???

Anyway….I gotta be honest, I would probably take that 2013 team right now over this one. And you’re right, this team is better than that one – ON PAPER. But on the field? That 2013 team was NASTY over the 2nd half of that year. They had the look of a team that no one would want to have to play in the playoffs, ya know? Right now, I would definitely take that team over what we have right now.

Thanks for trying to talk me down off the ledge, my friend. I will hope we can play well enough ( now without Veldheer and the Honey Badger ) to give your scenario a chance. Because at this point, I think a major collapse by the Seahawks and getting past them for the division is the only way it happens. I swear, we are going to regret NOT winning that damn Sunday Night game more and more as this season goes on.

30. By clssylssy on Nov 1, 2016 | Reply

We need replacement players to keep us in the hunt. HB has been little more than a very well paid critic this year and now leaves a bigger hole on the defense (although better to know what you have than what you think you have). The loss of Vender is MAJOR so, hopefully Keim will come through with some experienced plug n play replacements so that we can regroup and hit it hard after the bye.
    In comparison to other players around the league, our guys don’t match up in the toughness ratings (Romo playing with herniated disc, Wilson playing through injuries,etc., etc) and, sadly, it’s not the veterans who wimp out!
    While everyone else seems to be worried about the Seahawks and Vikings, I worry about the Redskins and Saints humiliating us in our house! Stopping Brees is going to take a Badger performing like his rookie year, and the Redskins are just plain on a mission to take no prisoners even though they probably know they’re last in their division; got to admire that!