Arians “a lot better,” gets back to work

Posted by Darren Urban on November 22, 2016 – 12:17 pm

Bruce Arians is back at work today, after spending the night in the hospital Sunday following the Cardinals’ trip to Minnesota. Tuesday is always a big game plan day, so it’s nice to see the head coach in the office (as you can see yourself with video shot Tuesday.) It’s also nice to know that whatever was ailing Arians, the doctors deemed him fit enough to work.

So Arians is back getting ready for the Falcons, and he taped his weekly TV show today as usual. Asked how he was feeling, Arians said “a lot better.”

“More relief than anything,” Arians said. “It was a scare. You have to listen to your body — I never did that when I was younger. You just push through things. This one was a little bit different. All the tests came out great. It really is a blessing.”

Arians will speak more about the subject, undoubtedly, after practice Wednesday.

Tags:

12 Responses to “Arians “a lot better,” gets back to work”

1. By Eric G on Nov 22, 2016 | Reply

Glad BA is better. The Cards, on the other hand, are done. They are still in the hospital and on life support. The way this team has played all year, I actually have zero hope they will win another game. Time to pull the plug.

2. By D on Nov 22, 2016 | Reply

Puts what is important in life in perspective. We as fans need to remember this is only a game, it may make our Sunday’s miserable when this team loses, but the next day the sun still shines and your love ones still care. We tend to get too emotional at times. We as fans have the luxury of anonymity, but coaches and players don’t get that perk when expectations are not met.

3. By CARDS62 on Nov 22, 2016 | Reply

Dear D we are now the professional sports team that has gone the longest without a championship now that the Cubs won the World Series. I do not think we are greedy or that our expectations are too great. All of us fans wanted a Super Bowl victory this year but most of us knew there was no guarantee, but we did expect to make the playoffs again this year. So we have found losing this year hard to take especially the way we have been losing. Poor special teams and a poor passing game especially Carson Palmer. Special teams has been a problem for years and Carson and our passing game was weak all preseason and we just have not seen improvement.

I have enjoyed reading everyone’s comments on the Vikings game. A lot of good points on all areas.
    Has I have stated and all of you agree we want HC Bruce Arians back next year and I am not ready to give up on Steve Keim yet. I was very focal about Rod Graves being fired, but Keim has done some good things, but he has also missed on picks. He is a former offensive lineman, but his player selection of offensive lineman seems to be his weakest link. At least he has tried to make our line better as Graves did nothing. I believe Mike Bidwill, Steve Keim, and Bruce Arians are a team that works well together, but they have to improve so that we can be a Super Bowl contender over the next few years.

We all know Amos Jones should have been fired last year and that he and Carson are killing Arians, and I do mean killing him, but Arians will not make a move out of loyalty and this is where Bidwill and Keim has to make the move for him, plus I think we need a few more coaching changes including QB Coach. We have not developed any young QBs and both Palmer and Stanton are regressing.

I still hope Carson can bounce back next year but you can not run your team on hope, so Keim has to get us a QB to compete with Carson, and he has to force coaching changes. The dancing Stanton has to be cut.

I am so frustrated this year, Fitz window is closing, CC window is closing, PP shutdown corner days are closing, David Johnson beast mode days are limited. Most of our WR have played poorly this year especially Floyd. Carson has played very poorly this year, but I do not want to see him get killed the next few weeks, but I am afraid he will with our current offensive line. Hope we at least try to run the ball more.

Now we travel to Atlanta for an early game and a team with two weeks to prepare for us. Thanks NFL as this is second time this year with also Carolina, but maybe if we were more entertaining to watch these games times could have been later in the day.

Guys I try to remain optimistic, but I just do not see how we can win this game in Atlanta. I hope you guys can give me some good analysis to make me think we can win this game. I know I will watch the game like I always do and will be rooting for our Cardinal victory.

Go Cards and find your inner strength and wisdom our brain trust, Bidwill – Keim – Airens

4. By Wild Blue Yonder on Nov 22, 2016 | Reply

For those fans who can handle the truth, here’s an article from RealClearSports. Check the URL (below).

November 21, 2016
    Cards Having The Worst Season Of All

5. By Wild Blue Yonder on Nov 22, 2016 | Reply

There’s hope, Cards’ fans.
    According to the NFL website, if the draft were held today, the Cards would have the 12th pick. WHOOOHAA!!!
    But, there’s still time for Keim, BA, the coaches and players to earn an even higher pick. I wouldn’t bet against that.

6. By Andy M. on Nov 22, 2016 | Reply

Eric G., dude, there is not a person in the Cardinals’ organization or a fan who is not very disappointed in this season, but comments about “pulling the plug”: what the heck is that supposed to mean? Don’t be such a baby. Long term fans of this team take the disappointment in stride. There is still a chance to get this season together–if for no other reason than to gain momentum for next year. The team has my support and (I believe) that of most of its fan base.

7. By robert on Nov 22, 2016 | Reply

the pl calling in the second half was bizarre and predictable. There was a stretch where DJ got the ball 5 startight times, then punt then 3 straight times then punt. I think the offense has gotten to predictable.
    On aother note, our QB just doesn’t have mobility. All the good teams have QB’s that can make a play with ther legs from the pocket. I couldn’t watch the second half watching Palmer getting Killed.
    Finally, SK drafts have to be the worse in the leauge. Out tackle from last year is playing just OK, not good enough, and this year our one and two don’t even play. Thats the problem

8. By Scott H on Nov 22, 2016 | Reply

BA, take care of yourself, man. Your health is more important than football. I’m not even sure I want to see him back to work right now. Hate to say it, but….I’m not expecting how this team plays to make him feel any better any time soon.

Atlanta? Based on the 10 games I’ve seen this year, I find no reason to even suggest this could be a win. We’ve got the same erratic QB ( and, yes, I am being REAL polite there ), the same decimated offensive line that is not helping the erratic QB’s cause, the same lousy punter and special teams, the same under-achieving cast of characters at WR…..what reason is there to expect a different result?

I DO worry about our coach’s health, I really do. A few more games like the ones we’ve been playing and Chuck Pagano might have to finish the season for him this time.

9. By mitchaz on Nov 23, 2016 | Reply

While BA probably won’t do this, I think it would be great for him to spend a couple of nights and days at his Georgia home on the lake, following the Atlanta game. His health is of paramount importance and just taking a couple of days to rest could help him rejuvenate.

10. By Eric G on Nov 23, 2016 | Reply

Andy M.

Momentum for next season? Really? I do believe the Cards had fantastic momentum from last year and looked great going into this season, and what is there to show for it? This miserably under-performing team. So, yeah, the whole momentum thing doesn’t work. I’d rather have a high draft pick for Keim and BA to completely f— up like they’ve done since they took over than mystical magical (i.e. non-existent) momentum.

11. By clssylssy on Nov 23, 2016 | Reply

CARDS62…
    “Jones and Carson are killing Arians”…Really??? A little harsh and rather dramatic don’t you think? FYI, Steve Keim is the guy getting paid to make the big decisions (his own words) and BA is at his mercy to win games with the materials (players) he’s given, or not given, as the case is. So, if anyone is killing Arians it’s hardly the help (which the players pretty much are). Yes, Keim was a lineman but, in college, he has NO NFL experience and it’s an entirely different world in the NFL. I do agree though he SHOULD recognize the importance of a strong/quality offensive line. Likewise, he was a team talent scout and was thrown into the big chair without any real NFL GM creds, so, like our DC. is a little over his head and should have spent a few years learning the job under a real NFL GM, who has had proven success at recognizing talent, making trades, while managing the Cap. Again, this was not Keim’s decision but Michael Bidwill’s choice, who is really a lawyer thrust into the NFL world and his family’s legacy. The organization needed change and we got lucky for a few years because in large we had some quality veterans to help stabalize the lockerroom.
    Guys like Pete Carroll, Bill Bellichick, BA, are competitors and survivors. The NFL is a cruel mistress but the fans are worse, and ,for anyone to presume to know what’s best for their health and welfare better than they do is SO disrespectful and arrogant. These are the kinds of guys who thrive in high stress jobs but then don’t last long in retirement. I trust BA and his wife to be intelligent enough to know when the job becomes too much and it’s time to walk away. And, sixty-two, is a lot younger than it use to be; it’s just a number and state of mind!
    I’m sure a win in Atlanta, however unlikely, would put some pep back into BA’s step as well Cards fans.

12. By CARDS62 on Nov 26, 2016 | Reply

clssylssy

Did you watch the Minnesota game? Why do you think we lost this game? Carson’s 100 yard pick 6 throwing into double coverage to a smurf, and the 104 yard kickoff return to start the second half are the 2 primary reasons as I see it, and nothing from the offense for the rest of the game.
    Coach did go to the hospital again after the game right? Do you think it was from a couple of bad hot dogs he ate at the stadium? Coach is too loyal needs to be more results oriented. A lot will be answered about Steve Keim the next couple of years so lets wait and see how he responds, but I think we should stay with Keim for now.

GO Cards!