Merry Christmas! Seahawks aftermath

Posted by Darren Urban on December 24, 2016 – 9:28 pm

Harlan Miller wasn’t necessarily supposed to play. Heck, he wasn’t even going to be on the roster, if Tharold Simon hadn’t been cut last week. And he’s a cornerback.

But there he was, after Tony Jefferson – one of the few defensive backs who has stayed healthy all season – sprained his MCL on his first play, on punt coverage. Tyrann Mathieu was already on IR, Tyvon Branch too. Marcus Cooper was out. Justin Bethel used to be a safety, but he was needed at corner. So they sent Miller in to play free safety.

Keep in mind, Miller hasn’t practiced at safety.

“The only thing I could remember was (defensive backs) coach (Nick) Rapone in the safeties meeting telling them to stay deep,” Miller said. “That’s pretty much what I did.”

“I kind of know what a safety does. I just listened a lot.”

It was that kind of game Saturday. Fill in where you can. Hope it holds up. No, the secondary isn’t going to put this on the wall of fame, not with the way Russell Wilson diced them up in the second half. But within the circumstances, it was exactly what they needed. Justin Bethel played much better. Brandon Williams struggled, but he did enough – and his effort on the Tyler Lockett bomb, while unfortunately sending Lockett off injured on a cart, stopped the Seahawks from scoring any points given the Cards’ goalline stand.

— The offensive line too, Evan Boehm, in at right guard for Taylor Boggs who was in for Earl Watford who was in for Evan Mathis. Everyone who thought the Cardinals would be able to score 34 points in Seattle under those circumstances, raise your hand.

— Carson Palmer was great. His stats weren’t as gaudy as Wilson, but Palmer was a man who led his team in a situation where they needed it. Palmer already said he is coming back. Yes, I think the Cardinals should and will draft a quarterback of the future. But to anyone who thinks Palmer should step away and not quarterback this team in 2017, I think that’s crazy.

— Larry Fitzgerald was not a happy man the last couple of weeks. The losing had reached him, the Floyd situation, and he just looked down in the dumps. When the retirement stuff came up, it’s understandable why he’d consider it. I don’t think anything was determined Saturday – but it was a happy Fitz in the locker room. Everyone was happy, but it was particularly nice to see with No. 11.

— J.J. Nelson makes the best of his touches, doesn’t he?

— David Johnson cracks 100 yards. I didn’t think it was possible with the way the game was going, and then he blew past it late. Aside from his fumble – which was three-points-costly – he was the rock on offense. Grinding, grinding, grinding, near 100 yards rushing alone. And then that 29-yard catch to set up the game-winning field goal – MVP-esque.

“I was messing with Steve (Keim) earlier, we need to get his contract done right now, because after every game he getting more and more expensive,” Fitzgerald said. “He’s going to be like ten percent owner of the franchise.”

— (Just as a reminder, Johnson’s contract cannot be re-done or extended until after the 2017 season, per the CBA.)

— Boehm made a mistake on the Cards’ next-to-last drive, blowing his assignment to let Palmer get hit and force an incompletion. Center A.Q. Shipley let him know about it as they came off the field.

“That was on me,” Boehm said. “I thought I lost the game for us. Told myself if we got another opportunity I had to reprove myself that I belonged out there.”

— Fellow rookie offensive lineman Cole Toner got his first work on offense too, just like Boehm had done earlier in the season – as a lead blocker for Johnson.

— With the schedule a little warped this week and players off Monday, I’ll hold my weekly chat Monday afternoon at 3 p.m.

— Have to be happy for Chandler Catanzaro. It’s been a rough year, and I know sometimes fans don’t want to hear this, but he is loved in that locker room  and there isn’t a guy in there who wasn’t happy to see him come through.

— The Cardinals are now 3-0 with Palmer in Seattle. They have a confidence now.

— This is way too long on Christmas Eve. We’re heading back to Phoenix as I post this, and soon the Cardinals (and myself) will be headed home to be with our families. It’ll be a much better holiday for all involved.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

afterseablog

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

49 Responses to “Merry Christmas! Seahawks aftermath”

1. By Andrew on Dec 24, 2016 | Reply

Great write up Darren, as always.

Do you think Cooper gets re-signed this off-season? He was good on certain games, but has been average at best in my eyes most of the year (maybe it’s just the PP21 factor). With Brandon Williams and Bethel not being quite there yet as a solid CB2, and with the championship window down to every year, a lot of fans see us taking a corner in the first round (ex – Marlon Humphrey; Bama). What are your thoughts on our CB2 spot moving forward?

2. By Darren Urban on Dec 24, 2016 | Reply

Andrew —

RE: Cooper

I think they will try to upgrade at CB2. That doesn’t mean Cooper won’t return.

3. By mal on Dec 24, 2016 | Reply

Did anyone else notice, the Cards have a punter!!!

4. By Steve on Dec 24, 2016 | Reply

Darren: The way Palmer looked, at two more season of him under center is not out of the question barring injury do you agree? Doesn’t he want to play as long as he can?

5. By Darren Urban on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Steve —

RE: Palmer

He is under contract for two more years as it is. But I think at this age, it’s year to year, both for him and the team.

6. By dynosoar on Dec 24, 2016 | Reply

This is the game I’ve wanted to see all season. I wanted to this kind of play in every game all season. Loved what we did on special teams. I so wanted to see Fitz get 5 more catches. I want him back at least one more season to have 150 catches against three separate teams and to get a ring.

I think after last season, this is the game they needed to break out of whatever they were in. Next week, the Rams. I hope they wear blue and yellow and not navy and gold.

Man did this win feel awesome! My neighbors heard me when Catanzaro nailed it. Sweet, Sweet game.

I even made a call to a Cards fan from the great white north to celebrate.

7. By Dan on Dec 24, 2016 | Reply

The Catman redeemed himself. Calais played pretty good again, still don’t want him back though. His effort was always there, I can at least give him that much……….reliable.

8. By Dan on Dec 24, 2016 | Reply

Brandon Williams needs to get his hands on the WRs more, I don’t understand why we don’t get our hands on the WRs on the line of scrimmage and disrupt the timing. All the underneath crossing routes could all be foiled if we knock the crap out of the WRs at the line.

9. By Darren Urban on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Dan —

RE: BWilliams

Part of Williams’ problem is that he just hasn’t done it enough. He is still just a little more than a year as a cornerback. Still has much to learn and experience.

10. By Rick on Dec 24, 2016 | Reply

Palmer is our guy man I still believe he can take us to where we need to go. Wish we could bring back Calaias Campbell he is a great leader and a class act on and off the field. GREAT WIN BIRD GANG!!!

11. By lacardinalsfan on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

How bout thay PUNTER!!! Need to dust off a place on the ring of honor for Wile!!!!

Speaking of which, is his jersey for sale yet?

12. By silverbackdk on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Heck of a game. Showed again that this team does not need much to contend. CB2, a big WR and some more depth – but CC is the core piece to keep.

13. By Amir on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Great win… Always is against Seattle and especially in Seattle.

14. By D on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

I don’t care C Campbell is 30, Mr. Keim needs to resign him. Merry Christmas Darren.

15. By Scott H on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Well, that was nice! The way this season has gone, I had forgotten but yesterday reminded me – no matter what, it’s just nice to beat the Seahawks.

Carson Palmer, for all his flaws, is 3-0 in Seattle. Amazing. And truth be told, HE was the obstacle we needed to overcome in one of those games ( 2013, when he threw 4 INT’s ) but he was good to great in the others. Still amazing. During this run that Seattle has had, how many other QB’s have even come close to winning ONE game up there? Palmer’s been there 3X, won all 3 of them.

I wish we didn’t have to overcome giving up 13 points in the last 2:50 to pull this one out, but…..sure am glad they were able to overcome it. Man, how crazy have the games between these two teams been this year?? What drama. As the Seahawks were lining up for that PAT that would have stolen them the game at the end, weren’t we ALL thinking ( including EVERYONE in that stadium ) about those missed kicks at the end of the first go ‘ round??? I wonder what Hauschka was thinking then. I wonder what he’s thinking NOW! Wide left AGAIN!

Meanwhile, the kick that Catanzaro made was as sweet as sugar. He crushed it….looked like it would have been good from a quarter mile away. And he couldn’t have put it any more perfectly down the middle. Yet, his PAT’s are an adventure. His in-consistency is alarming, to say the least.

And was anyone else worrying that they weren’t gonna get the ball snapped in time??? Man, it was close. But I’m glad they took time enough to get it right.

But, it’s a win and a nice feeling to wake up with on Christmas morning. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

PS – under my tree this year was that Pat Tillman jersey I always swore I was gonna get! Will always wear this one with pride. Might start today!

16. By Darren Urban on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Scott H —

RE: Palmer/2013

He did struggle with INTs that day — but then again … this throw: http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/videos/Michael-Floyd-31yd-TD-at-Seattle/4bf1403b-afca-4529-b61f-e13fb7da0bb8

17. By mitchaz on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Positives:

* Totally kicked the Seahawks’ butts in the 1st half—dominated them up front on defense. That goal line stand was as good as it gets—how about Rodney Gunter! Corey Peters! Calais Campbell! Markus Golden! Chandler Jones! Alex Okafor! Josh Mauro!

* David Johnson = 15 100+ yard games in a row (ties Barry Sanders)

* Carson Palmer’s second totally clean game in a row—great TD pass to Nelson—great 50/50 pass to Johnson to set up the win.

* The makeshift o-line was efficient when they were needed most. John Wetzel was dominant in the running game. Loved to see Cole Toner take out Bobby Wagner on the TD fullback isolation.

* Great game by ILB Sio Moore—who played Russell Wilson more effectively than any Cardinals’ ILB has in the last 5 years. Plus, Moore stuffed a number of running plays.

* Cardinals’ STs won over Seattle’s! The blocked kick by Gunter! The blocked punt by Okafor! When was the last time we saw a blocked punt? Twice Wile flipped the field on them. The missed extra point with Bethel roaring in from the right for a potential block—could very much have influenced the hook.

* Palmer’s amazing lob to Fitz—the throw to Fitz to set up the FG—the FG snap goes down to the last second, it beats the clock and Catanzaro booms it right through the uprights!

This game was the Cardinals’ Super Bowl this year and they won in thrilling fashion, knocking Seattle out of the #2 (bye) seed and preventing them from going 8-0 at home.

After what they did to the Cardinals in Week 17 last year—this game was sweet payback, baby!

What a fight!

As for the negatives— frick the negatives—we know what they were—it’s Christmas and the Cardinals just gave us the win of the year, a win that tastes as good as any there ever was, save the playoff wins. Time to be merry! Our Cardinals fought like champs today! And boy oh boy did they prevail!

Merry Christmas to the BIRDGANG! YEAH, BABY!

18. By shannon robinson on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Thank you Cardinals for my Christmas gift! It is the best feeling to know that when your entire team is on track it’s not magic. This level of performance is within our ability to replicate by our choice. Notice how explosive BA’s offense can be with a strong run game. Notice how accurate Carson is when given adequate time to throw. Our pass rush is thrilling to watch. And yes, Harlan Miller is worth keeping, Brandon Williams was no longer buttered toast, and Bethel can learn to turn his head around. Minute to go and Pasch says to Wolfley, “What do you think BA’s going to call here?”

19. By clssylssy on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

I always love playing the Seahawks…excellent team that brings the best out of our games; you can always count on seeing a real football game when these two teams play, it’s especially entertaining when we win! It was great to see some of the young guys getting into the game with a hunger and excitement that hasn’t been there much this year, especially on defense in the secondary. Calais had an incredible game and, Chandler Jones finally decided to show us what we thought we were in store for all year. Swearinger has become our designated “nasty boy”, and has been a breath of fresh air; he’s a force, and I’m hoping, he’ll be a part of the defense next year. The offense looked like it was advertised to be when all this began, and thanks to our “replacements” on the 0-line, and getting Gresham more involved, Carson was finally able to play at the MVP level of last year; Gresham just has to play a little smarter and learn to keep his emotiona channeled so that they don’t hurt the team.
    As much as I loved the intensity of the game, I hated seeing Tyler Lockett go out with a broken leg that will end his season. Being from Kansas and K-Stater, I’m a big fan of Lockett’s–he’s the Seahawks version of David Johnson, great young man, mature and grounded and excellent player, and sad to see this happen to any young player (the mom in me overrides the fan at times!). Also sad to see Tony Jefferson lost and no mention of him by BA.
    Thrilling game, that is bittersweet, with the feel of an audition tape more than anything. While it was great to get the win, couldn’t help thinking we finally got our stuff figured out and together, a week too late and what I was watching was probably the farewell tour of Larry Fitzgerald, as he was relegated to a minor supporting role and no post-game presser.
    I hope we can go into LA and finish strong as a loss to the Rams would be the irony of a lost season by a team who had the ability but just couldn’t get it figured out until it was too late.

20. By blaxabbath on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

I feel like “What about D Wash?” is going to be replaced with “Why haven’t we locked down David Johnson to a 8 year contract?!”

21. By faster on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

my best wishes to tyler lockett, and i hope he will recover without porblems.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you, and i hope you enjoyed it like i did, especially the first half.

and merry christmas to the seahawks too ….

22. By Marlin on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Merry Christmas and best wishes for You and Your Loved Ones!

Well, I’ve been pretty rough on coach et al the past several weeks. But gotta say, hat in hand, yesterday’s game was a heckuva coaching job. It doesn’t get much better. The improvisation, the energy, the character… it was special. Looks like we may have some youngsters on this team that can stick going forward. Also wanna say, Carson Palmer is a stud. The guy is one of the best QB’s in the league. I think he’s guy 2 more years in him… physically and emotionally.

23. By CardinalChris on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Mitchaz
    I too enjoyed watching Sio Moore, and love your excitement but nobody has played Russell Wilson as well as Daryl Washington.
    The 2013 defense, especially in Seattle, was really good – and kind of underrated imo.

24. By kauaicardsfan on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

What a great Christmas Present!
    Mele Kalikimaka Darren! All all the Cards Fans!

25. By drblogubc on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

I was in my man cave watching the game. When I emerged with a huge smile on my face, my daughter who heard every cry of anguish and joy simply said “well, that was sure a range of emotions”. I just replied, “Best Christmas present ever!”

Merry Christmas Darren from the frozen wasteland of Canada!

26. By Mike-N-Charlotte on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

From a Falcons Fan- thank you all for giving us a nice Christmas present yesterday. All of us Falcon fans felt like we were cheated in Seattle this year, and it appeared that we were going to lose the opportunity for s first round bye because of it. Now thanks to Arizona we control our own destiny..

27. By Adam Smith b1723 fka DTL on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. The players earned, deserved this day. Never have been more proud, never.

The 2017 season started yesterday. We punched Seattle in the gut, it felt so good, Lang’s cheap shot on Gresham aside. Love Arians “we’ve dominated their line up here for 3 years”. Bam. So proud, but feel so good for these guys.

They can be optimistic, hopeful…we too… This will carry me to September 2017.

28. By Brett Colorado on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Merry Christmas Darren and thank you for all the great information on the team enjoy your time off

29. By Richard S on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

That was a good game. I think I may have cheered a little too loud as new neighbors were moving in next door and they probably think I’m some kind of nut after all the yelling I did to a TV set that didn’t respond. I only wish I could hear the radio version during the broadcast as you can’t hear the Wolf up here in Northern California. If it was available I think I’d turn the volume down on Directv and listen to the radio version.

30. By Darren Urban on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Richard S —

RE: Radio broadcast

Not to be a shill, but if you get NFL gamepass, not only can you watch replays of games, but it also allows you to listen to either the home or visiting radio broadcasts live.

31. By Scott H on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Darren –

Yes, my friend, I remember that throw! It was also a HELLUVA catch by Floyd. I remember thinking…..this kid’s gonna be a monster. And he’s OURS! Already seems like a LOOOOONG time ago, doesn’t it?

Have a good holiday, Darren. Glad you finally got a happy ending to write about late on a Sunday / Saturday night. I’m sure the losses take a toll on you, too. Having to listen to people like me after a loss can’t be easy! 🙂

32. By Patrick on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Jermaine Gresham needs to quit hurting his team. He has a lot of talent, but he should know what you can and can’t do, and how to get back at players. Two stupid penalties in two games. Get your emotions under control, supposed to be a vet, but acting like an immature rookie.

33. By krehbieo14 on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Among others, Sio Moore was an unexpected Christmas gift. He made some huge plays and got kudos from PFF. Great pick up by Keim.

34. By CARDS62 on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Our draft stock hurt a little bit today, but who cares? beating Seattle is the greatest feeling. Coach was right for the first time all season all units had a hand in the victory, and special teams put us over the top today, which of course had me eating some crow, but I will take it and not bad taste some like chicken.

Football is a funny game and I have seen this happen to many teams, but what happened to our defense in the second half? The first half I could not believe how incredible they played. Especially the front 7. I could not believe my eyes.

Second half I have seen too many times by our defense. Does B Williams look like he is getting any better to anyone? PP I have mostly praised all season but even he looked lost in the second half.

I think this win will help our team in 2017 and now we just need to destroy the Rams next week and hope our draft stock is not hurt.

Go Cards!

35. By Rawdy on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

The team showed plenty of heart in this game. Gave a clear indication of what has been wasted this year but has given hope again for 2017. I think the management will have learned a lot about themselves and some (big name) individuals this year. The teams spine is in place to rebound into the playoffs next year with a bit of luck in the draft and free agency.

36. By dan on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

We deserve a Scoobie snack on the goal line stand…….Scoobie sure can shed blocks……….Peters is a bulldozer.

37. By creditcard on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Great game, happy holidays to all. D-line and o-line player their hearts out.

Happy holidays!

38. By georgiebird on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

We should be very happy about the Cards win over Seattle- because Seattle is our main hurdle for getting into the playoffs and more imortantly winning the division.
    However, this year Seattle’s home schedule is pretty soft with only two teams (10-5 Atlanta and Miami) better than .500.- and Seattle won each of those games by 2 points.
    My point here is not to belittle Seattle’s home schedule but rather to say to SK- “be careful you don’t overweight this game as you evaluate the team for next year”.

39. By Kevin S Mesa on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

I think this game, as well as the tie vs. Seattle (which really, all things considered, should’ve been a victory), proves exactly what I’ve been saying most of this year, but started to disbelieve even myself — that the 2016 Cardinals aren’t really a significantly worse team than the 2015 version. They just haven’t executed on a few critical plays.

This team can play with the best of the NFL when they execute. Not saying they don’t have flaws — every team does. Not saying they should’ve waltzed to the Super Bowl — there are 32 NFL teams trying to do that every year, and only two get to go. But they really are just a few plays from the playoffs — if Detroit loses to Dallas tomorrow, then the winner of their battle with Green Bay for the division title will be 10-6, but the loser will be 9-7. The 2nd wildcard team will therefore likely either be 9-7 or the 9-6-1 Redskins (if they win), and we beat Washington so all it would’ve taken is 9-6-1 to get in. When we beat the Rams next Sunday, we’ll be looking at our 7-8-1 finish knowing that a couple last-second missed FG’s (Pats, Seahawks) turns 7-8-1 into 9-7. From there, either not blowing the home Rams game on turnovers, not blowing the Minnesota game on 2 100-yard scores, or playing just a bit better in the slop in Miami would’ve gotten us in the playoffs. Win TWO of those other three games and we’re 11-5 and the division champs even if Seattle wins next week. 11-5 was VERY reachable for this team. We are literally just two missed Cat FG’s and just a play or so in three other games, away from 11-5 or even 12-4.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, “It might have been.”

Especially if Larry retires. But I’m hoping when he reflects, he’ll want that last shot and he’ll still believe the Cardinals have a playoff-caliber team. If there’s anything the Cardinals learned from their one SB run, when they were supposedly one of the worst playoff teams in history (according to some) going into the playoffs, it’s that anything can happen once you get there.

40. By dobie on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

They din’t finish the second half they let them catch up but what a way to end the game they had me off my seat I just hope they don’t let Dallas win here at home next year I hate the cowboys and all there fan that come out of the woodwork when they come here to play bring this energy to the 17th season

41. By Dr. G. on Dec 25, 2016 | Reply

Darren ~ ~ Interesting how winning seems to heal everything. The posting the last couple weeks have been borderline hostile…some probably justified, some hysterics.

Any win in Seattle is fantastic…though both teams were missing some parts.

Now on to finishing things on a positive note in LA before all the changes in the off season.

I’m hoping our future QB for the decade is there flying under the radar… Keim will need to perform a few miracles…be well

Still see 40mil on HB…

42. By Eazy E on Dec 26, 2016 | Reply

Impressed

43. By Scott H on Dec 26, 2016 | Reply

Kevin –

Like yourself, I am ( desperately ) hoping that the win in Seattle may help remind Fitz how great it is to be playing for this team when this team is winning. And this team IS capable of winning – but infinitely more so if Fitz is still there.

How fitting was it to see Fitz making the catch that brought us just a little closer for the winning FG? Just a short catch over the middle, nothing spectacular, but just like any other catch he ever made, he made sure he brought it in. Seems like it still matters to him. But, really, of course it matters to Fitz. They could have been losing by 14 on that drive with no hope of winning and Fitz would still be on the field, trying to make a play for his team.

And how cool was it to see Fitz grabbing BA on the sidelines after Cat nailed the kick for the win? THAT scene, right there, gave me hope. Hope that maybe….just maybe…..Fitz will want to take another shot in 2017. Maybe winning a game in Seattle will remind him of just how great it is to win a game in Seattle!

If I am Michael Bidwell, I am down in that locker room right after the game, going right to Fitz’ locker, and I am begging him to realize that this team still has a bullet or two left in the chamber and now is not the time to walk away. I’m begging him to remember how it probably felt for him when Warner walked away when this team was still a legit contender, and I’m pleading that HE not do the same thing now.

Please, Larry, just give us – and yourself – one more year.

PS – and feel free to stick around for 2018 as well. I mean, after we win the SB in 2017, are you REALLY gonna want to walk away THEN?? Just sayin…..

Where Fitz is concerned, I am truly expecting the worst but HOPING for the best.

44. By CardsNation on Dec 26, 2016 | Reply

As I said before, Carson Palmer is a great QB if he has protection and time, He is super accurate with a good protection. Great win!

45. By krehbieo14 on Dec 26, 2016 | Reply

Sio Moore has an inspiring life story. He is a man of high character who led a breast cancer awareness group for the Colts AFTER they had released him. He has also facilitated free football clinics for kids. There’s a lot of good stuff on his Facebook page. I hope this journeyman can stick with us. He is the kind of person who Keim treasures and is good for The NFL..

46. By clssylssy on Dec 26, 2016 | Reply

Just read an article on Fox Sports Entitled “Five Cardinals that Could be Playing Last Game” and I had to ponder what a different outcome this would have been without: 1. Calais Campbell 2.Tony Jefferson 3.Chandler Jones 4.Andre Ellington
    5. Jermaine Gresham, in addition to the possibility of not having Larry Fitzgerald.
    And, while some of these guys haven’t been, by themselves, always that obvious in their contributions (except for Fitz) sometimes the whole really is equal to the sum of it’s parts and without these guys, we really would have had an even worse year, especially in the last two weeks.
    While these last two games are essentially meaningless in evaluating our season and having missed the playoffs, it was obvious in this Seattle game what we are capable of when everyone is on their game. Considering it took half a season for our veterans to learn BA’s offense, and it’s taken a season for some of our early round draftees to even get on the field, hopefully Steve Keim will be able to negotiate with important contributors so that we don’t have to start nearly from scratch next season. This past season, he traded veteran leadership and stability within the locker room for youth and price and hopefully this season will be the needed wake up call and final chance at learning from our mistakes.
    Like Scott, I am expecting the worst but hoping for the best…on a lot of fronts. I can certainly understand Fitz’s reservations about not wanting to start over from a skeleton core. I think a lot of our fans have lost sight of how long it will take to “come back”given we’re just beginning to click in week 15!

47. By Upyours on Dec 27, 2016 | Reply

Dirty tackle on Lockett was super lame
    Not only was it PI
    It’s was a flail, dirty and unprofessional
    Way to coach
    Cards will sux for over a decade

48. By Darren Urban on Dec 27, 2016 | Reply

Upyours —

RE: Lockett

Not sure how the tackle was dirty. Watched it a dozen times. I don’t know how how he brings him down on the play any other way. It was unfortunate luck. Williams wasn’t flagged for the tackle and he won’t be fined. I am guessing you are a bitter Seahawks fan, but that’s OK. That’s a classy handle too — your parents must be proud.

2. Dec 26, 2016: Cardinals Blogs | Keim on the future of the Cards’ receivers