“All Or Nothing” up for Emmy award

Posted by Darren Urban on March 30, 2017 – 4:29 pm

Perhaps you’ve heard of “All Or Nothing.” I might’ve written about it a couple of times last summer. The eight-episode series about the Cardinals, released on Amazon last July about the team’s 2015 season and the first streaming series by NFL Films, has been nominated for a Sports Emmy by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for Outstanding Serialized Sports Documentary.

“All Or Nothing: A Season With The Arizona Cardinals” is one of five choices in its category. The others are “Run Mama Run” from ESPN and espnW; “Friday Night Tykes: Steel Country” from the Esquire Network;  “Hard Knocks: Training Camp With The Los Angeles Rams” from NFL Films and HBO; and “Undrafted” from the NFL Network and Mandalay Sports.

The award winners will be announced May 9.

Tags:

10 Responses to ““All Or Nothing” up for Emmy award”

1. By Scott H on Mar 30, 2017 | Reply

Really, this is awesome because this is the kind of thing no one would associate with the Arizona Cardinals 10 years ago. But….

….this All Or Nothing series seemed to jinx the 2016 season and for that reason, I’d kinda like to put it in the closet and leave it there.

We need a new vibe for 2017.

2. By danafrancis on Mar 30, 2017 | Reply

I agree with Scott: move past the series. And I suspect that they mostly have. What the team needs to do now and in the coming months is plaster a lot of this off-season analysis in their locker room: “the Cardinals’ window has closed,” “their quarterback cannot win the big games,” and “they’ve lost too many players through free agency to win.” Instead of the Cardinals thinking they are a shoe-in for a deep playoff run, they need to prove the naysayers wrong and get really, really hungry. An angry team that everyone counts out is often a dangerous team.

3. By Jacob Hewitt on Mar 30, 2017 | Reply

Darren-
    Was there a season 2 of all or nothing I watch season 1 I don’t have amazon so I don’t know

4. By Darren Urban on Mar 31, 2017 | Reply

Jacob —

RE: Season 2

They just announced Season 2. It will come out this summer, under a similar timeline as last year. This time around, they embedded with the Rams.

5. By clssylssy on Mar 31, 2017 | Reply

It’s too bad that our season turned out to be the “or Nothing” part of this saga, and such a painful disappointment for so many, otherwise, I’m sure this series would have been something Cardinal fans would have been proud of. It was, from a cinematic point, excellently done, but unfortunately too much hype for this organization to follow through on, but premature leaving outsiders with the impression that the Cards (and their fans) were full of themselves and a joke. I know there was talk of a follow up,which would be “the rest of the story” (when a team full of promise falls on it’s behind) but I don’t think the Organization wants that revealed to the world, which is really the reality of what happens to many teams on the cusp of getting to that next level.
    And, after all of that, I would think the organization would have gone all out to make this year ours, would have been “aggressive” in FA, (as promised AGAIN). iF BA is thinking that finding a QB is going to save him from the same fate as Coach Whisenhunt, I think he would do better focusing on getting that SB win he promised when he came. He said he was going to “WOW” us, and I’m still waiting. Seems like everyone in the front office is worried about their legecies(job security), but like politicians are forgetting their campaign promises, which will be, in reality their legecies. Years from now, what will be remembered will be the trips to the Super Bowl and the Coaches/Players who got us there.

6. By joe holst on Mar 31, 2017 | Reply

I was impressed with Brentson Buckner in All or Nothing and really think he as the enthusiasm and motivation to be a head coach.

7. By LadyBird04 on Mar 31, 2017 | Reply

Never a Ram fan, but will watch just to see the train wreck of Jeff Fisher and the hapless Rams. Sorry for St. Louis…the Rams left and took their support of the community with them. Cards have been gone from St. Louis for almost 30 years and are still active in the community (Bidwill just donated $10K for youth scholarships in St. Louis).

8. By Big Ken on Apr 1, 2017 | Reply

I have to agree with Joe Hoist. I’m a big fan of Coach Buckner.

9. By D on Apr 3, 2017 | Reply

Draft Talk

Cards need a Safety, CB, ILB, RG, Future QB. Not to mention a return man for Special Teams.

One player to keep an eye on that could fill several of the needs for AZ is
    J. Peppers out of Mich. He can play Safety, play LB like D. Bucannon, he can play in the slot at CB…and can Return kicks/punts…this kid could be a solid Pick at #13. BA /Keim have love players that can do multiple things….

Go Zags!

2. Apr 2, 2017: Cardinals Blogs | “All Or Nothing” up for Emmy award – Arizona Cardinals News