Schedule coming Thursday — finally, a London date

Posted by Darren Urban on April 18, 2017 – 2:43 pm

Many have asked, and now we know for sure — the NFL is releasing the regular-season schedule on Thursday (April 20) at 5 p.m. Arizona time. Here at azcardinals.com we will have it all covered, from the actual dates to a printable schedule to a very cool video (you’ll have to check it out.)

The opponents are, of course, known. Dates are not. So the biggest news for the Cardinals Thursday will be the reveal of their London game against the Rams. It’s long been known the game was either going to be Oct. 22 or 29 but it has yet to be announced for some reason. It will be out there Thursday, so people can make plans to go across the pond if they so choose.

Bruce Arians has already said the Cardinals plan to fly out on a Monday night to London, so I’m expecting the game before London to be at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Cards are also expected to get their bye the weekend after London.

Tags: , ,

20 Responses to “Schedule coming Thursday — finally, a London date”

1. By Scott H on Apr 18, 2017 | Reply

So, the pic is Neil Lomax and…..who? Can’t see the number. Roy Green?? Cool, nonetheless!

2. By Darren Urban on Apr 18, 2017 | Reply

Scott H —

RE: Picture

Luis Sharpe. That’s before a 1983 London preseason game.

3. By Scott H on Apr 18, 2017 | Reply

Not related to this but glad to hear some of the players ( Peterson, for one ) talking about being anxious to get back to work as a way of getting the bad taste of the 2016 season out of their mouths.

Hope they really mean business when it comes to that. Because they definitely need some breath mints after last season. We ALL do. We ended last season with some of the worst breath in the NFL.

The pre-season was, quite unfortunately, a telling sign of things to come for the 2016 season. There were disturbing signs that this team just seemed flat and out of sync. And it carried right into – and through – the whole season. I don’t know what accounts for that. I don’t know if anyone can put a finger on it. At this point, it doesn’t matter. What DOES matter is that this team takes to the practice field with a sense of purpose and motivation. And hopefully a sense of recognizing if they are “off course” and how to get back on it. Said many times last year and I’ll say it again, I thought leadership from among the players was lacking. That can’t be this year. We need to see and KNOW who the leaders on this team are.

As it turned out, last pre-season DID matter. Because we really WERE seeing a team that did NOT have its act together. What did we learn? That we can’t stumble and sleep-walk through the pre-season and just expect everything to be right when the games start to count.

Therefore, I will be watching these pre-season games with a whole lotta’ interest. Because we DO need to see a different team at that point than we saw last year.

It’s one thing to talk the talk. But this team needs to walk the walk – the walk of a true contender. They either are one or they’re not. We’re gonna know sooner than later.

One thing is for sure, this group – players and coaches – has something to prove.

4. By Adam Smith b1723 fka DTL on Apr 18, 2017 | Reply

“The Cardinals have a pair of speedsters already, so the bigger frames of Williams and Davis may make more sense than Ross, who broke the combine’s 40-yard dash record.” was thinking same, until heard rumor of hand timed 4.16. BA loves speed….so… maybe gone by 13 as Ross climbs draft boards, but may help a guy fall into our careful, appreciative hands…

5. By texascard on Apr 18, 2017 | Reply

Scotth. I hear you. But consider this. It may be time for you to lower expectations. Just get ready to enjoy some football. Keim has slammed the window shut on “contender”. Its gonna be a fun year. Thats about it

6. By Scott H on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

texascard –

Yeah….I hear ya. As I’m saying that this group – players and coaches – has something to prove, I’m saying it believing that the GM did a VERY poor this off-season. The players and coaches could have used a little ( maybe a LOT?? ) more help from their GM.

As you speak of lowering the expectations….I’m realizing that I can’t help bracing myself for that.

But if I’m lowering my expectations…..it is NOT gonna be a fun year!

7. By Scott H on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

Darren –

Wow….Luis Sharpe. I wouldn’t have guessed it was an O-lineman. Damn, he doesn’t look any bigger than Lomax!

I guess my memory ain’t what it used to be. I have NO memory of the Cardinals playing pre-season games in London back then.

But this was a cool picture to see. Lomax and Sharpe were absolutely top notch NFL players who, sadly, got little out of their careers with the Cardinals. I remember Sharpe being snubbed by Buddy Ryan near the end of his career and I thought that was a real shame.

8. By clssylssy on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

Geez, just read the “Top 17 games for 2017” on NFL.com and the Cards were the ONLY NFC West team that wasn’t featured as a contest worthy of the list! Would have thought that a Seattle rematch after last year would have at least got us ahead of the 9ers and “Hapless Rams”. Guess, Scott isn’t the only one out there who has lowered expectations for this team apparently, and yes it’s hudgely disappointing to have to lower one’s standards and still not even make the bottom of the list! I read where the Cards have the easiest schedule in the NFL too…

9. By faster on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

darren, any meat to the rumor about a trade for blake bortles?

aria fritta or the next qb for us?

not that i`m a bortles fan, i would more like a lowball trade offer for matt stafford.

10. By Darren Urban on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

Faster —

RE: Bortles

I saw PFF threw that out there as an idea. I don’t count that as even a rumor.

11. By D on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

Darren- do you see the Irony in for the Cards in 2017, the team will be flying way more than previous years in the preseason and for the regular season when they have recently heard that their Charter Services have been suspended by American Airlines?

Mel Kiper’s recent 3 round draft for AZ:

Round 1- C. Davis WR
    Round 2- D. King CB
    Round 3- R. McMillan ILB

I like mine better:

Round 1- H. Reddick ILB
    Round 2- Q. Wilson CB
    Round 3- D. Johnson RG

They can draft WR, S, TE, RB in rounds 4-6

12. By Big Ken on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

I think there’s one quarterback they would use the 13th pick on if he’s available. Just listening to coach Arian’s comments recently.

13. By Scott H on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

clssy –

Though some might say that any NFL game that ends in a 6-6 tie could NEVER be counted as among the best games during a season, I think that game the Cards and Seahawks played last year SHOULD be on that list. That game had excitement…intrigue….big plays….and big blunders. BUT more than anything else, you saw two heavyweight defenses go a full 15 rounds ( or, in this case 5 full quarters ) and neither one went down. It really was kinda….special.

THAT was a game that should not have been allowed to end in a tie. They should have thrown the rule book out the window that night and made both teams stay on the field until somebody finally found a way to put another score on the board. And I’ll bet BOTH teams would have wanted the same! It might have taken awhile, but…..I would have stayed up until the sunrise to see that game have a better conclusion.

Regardless, it WAS definitely one of the most memorable games of 2017. For better or worse, it was memorable.

14. By Scott H on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

Man, with the incidents involving Todd Heap ( a real tragedy ) and now Aaron Hernandez within a week of each other…..been a tough week for the NFL.

15. By clssylssy on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

Scott…
    I quite agree and that was my point! That was one of the best games, IMO, all season and should have made the top five easily. I can only assume that whoever the “experts” at NFL.com are must have been among those boldly predicting the Cards to make the SB and as a result red faced and not the objective “expert” they were suppose to be, As I read the article and got closer to the top games I wouldn’t have be surprised to see a rematch with the Seahawks in the top five as nobody plays them better! We may not show up other times but we almost always bring our A game with the Hawks…and so do they! I totally believe we would have won that game if it had been allowed to play out. Anybody who couldn’t appreciate that game shouldn’t call themselves a football fan.
    Looks like we are back to battling for our dignity, which may not be a bad thing as we seem to do best when cast as the underdog!

16. By Coach K on Apr 19, 2017 | Reply

Big Ken, you’re right. And he’s from Texas

17. By hminus on Apr 20, 2017 | Reply

I’m just glad this one doesn’t count as a home game…

18. By Big Ken on Apr 20, 2017 | Reply

I think they have zeroed in on one quarterback. All my ex’s live in Texas.

19. By cobra on Apr 20, 2017 | Reply

Scott H.

Really, did you have to go there? Leave it alone.

20. By Scott H on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

cobra –

Since I have no idea which of my posts you are responding to….I have no idea where I wasn’t supposed to go and what I should have left alone.