Reinstated, the future of Daryl Washington

Posted by Darren Urban on April 25, 2017 – 5:56 pm

So Daryl Washington has been reinstated. Conditionally.

There’s a lot to unpack here, and frankly, there is only so much that makes sense to do at this point. The Cardinals did not say whether they would be welcoming back the one-time Pro Bowl linebacker who has missed three full seasons. Not yet. Washington was banned from the facility. He hasn’t talked to Bruce Arians or Steve Keim or, most importantly, Michael Bidwill, in a long, long time. At some point — I’m guessing sooner rather than later — that would have to happen for Washington to have any chance of remaining with the Cards.

It’s sticky, of course. However you feel about substance abuse and how it might trouble a person (Washington said when he was first suspended it was marijuana that did him in), his suspension was only supposed to be for a year. He could have come back long before a three-year absence, but he wasn’t doing the things he needed to do to be reinstated. That likely has to be factored in, and the Cards were not happy when this all first happened (“It’s completely unacceptable that Daryl has once again put us in this position,” Keim said at the time.)

But the Cards haven’t closed the door yet. So we will see how it plays out.

— All that’s been done is the path has been cleared. But Washington still can’t practice or play. He still needs further clearance from the league, whether he’s trying to play for the Cardinals or anyone else.

— I’ll admit, I didn’t think there was a chance DWash would come back, in part because I didn’t think he’d be reinstated. A whiff by me, although it had been three years. I don’t think I was out of bounds with that thinking.

— Kent Somers reported that the assault Washington pleaded guilty to will not lead to another suspension. In fact, Kent reports one of the reasons Washington took so long to be reinstated was in part because of that charge.

— As of now, Washington would be slated to make $2.9 million in salary for 2017 — the salary he was supposed to make in 2014, when his contract “tolled.” (Essentially, it froze.)

— Not sure exactly how his contract would impact the cap right now, but even if it had to be absorbed in the short term, I’m guessing the Cardinals won’t wait too long to figure this out post-draft. As of Tuesday, the NFLPA had the Cards with $15.3 million in salary cap space.

Tags:

70 Responses to “Reinstated, the future of Daryl Washington”

1. By Patrick on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Regardless if he plays for the cardinals again, or any team, I hope he has control over the issues that took him down this path. Forget football, hope his life is on the right path and he can stay on it.

2. By joe holst on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Bring on Daryl Washington he can’t being any worse than Rueben Foster who according to himself didn’t do anything wrong yet the NFL is not inviting him to the DRAFT. Kind of funny Aldon Smith was already to come back and then he got in trouble and now you don’t hear anything about him Half the top 10 draft picks can’t stay out of trouble.

3. By NYCardinals on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”

— Darren Urban

4. By Jon Elder on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Its your worst nightmare Darren! Let the questions begin!! LMAO

5. By Eric G on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

I could hear Darren yelling “oh thank god I don’t have to answer any more questions about DWash ever again” all the way here in philly. I also hear him drop the eff bomb when he realized everyone will ask whether he will make the team, invite him to training camp etc.

For the price, i say let him come back to camp, can’t hurt. Sign one less rookie fa. Let him compete. Hopefully BA meets with him, DWash kept an eye on why Floyd was released and is legit regretful, apologetic and has changed. Honestly, after all this time I have to believe that they will meet with him and give him a chance.

6. By texascard on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Worst news ive heard all off season.

7. By Mike on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Everyone deserves a chance to turn their life around. Let’s give DWash another chance.

8. By Andre on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Keep him could be a blessing, Danby and him back in the day were one of the best

9. By jcont12 on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Tough decision

He was as good an ILB as there can be (at least in the system we had him playing in…so many sacks). Speed on the field, instincts, and potential were off the charts, and I was personally a huge fan of his play. But the way everything developed and his apparent passiveness were a very tough pill to swallow and left a huge gap on the LB core (up to the point we made our 1st round safety pick to a $lb, which fortunately worked for everyone).

Think the organization is doing the right choice by postponing the decision till draft is done. I’d rather we pick Haason Reddick on the 1st or Jarrad Davis on a later round and see if he can compete with that.

Go Cards!!

10. By CardinalChris on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Second chance stories, you know – the stories they make movies about, could be unfolding before our eyes. Good luck DW, I hope you have the strength and determination to overcome all the obstacles you will face!! Don’t let pride get in your way. Don’t listen to the doubters. Find a way. Don’t Waiver.

11. By luisroc on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

If we cut him I hope I goes to Todd Bowles jets!!

12. By Jonathan on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Wow, crazy.
    I mean, this had kind of gotten to be a running joke.
    Just earlier today someone mentioned it facetiously on CardsChatter.
    Crazy.

13. By shane on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

It’s simple if he can still play, then he should be on this team next year. I mean if the goal is the be the best team you can be .. if its to be morally right then they should release him .

14. By dobie on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

I though this was his second chance did he get pop one time before

15. By CardsNation on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

I think he could still become a monster as before, plus we do need an ILB. Why don’t we just keep a guy in his thirty that already proved to be a good player? I understand he was out for 3 years, but I’ll still give him a shot but for a cheap price.

16. By clssylssy on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Saw Larry’s tweet congratulating DW on his reinstatement which is good enough for me. He’s rested, he’s healthy, he’s hungry and with Dansby our defense could take on a whole new look that gives the toughness and physicality it’s lacked as well as make up for the disappointing FA. Our defense could potentially be scary good! You can bet if he doesn’t play for us he will be on a team that is playing against us (probably in our division).
    It will be interesting to see how committed to the win this franchise is–the Saints got Adrian Peterson and DW could help level the field.
    Whatever the outcome, I wish him the best in getting a fresh start.

17. By Dan on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Trade him and move up in the 1st round and grab Trubisky or Watson and call it a day………don’t want that idiot on our team.

18. By Don on Apr 25, 2017 | Reply

Darren. I was going to point out in this weeks blog that no one asked you any questions about DW last week but I wasn’t able to participate so didn’t get the chance. Glad I didn’t, would have felt like I jinxed you.
    My question, how much money were the Cards hoping to get back from DW and does his return now make that impossible.

19. By Darren Urban on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Don —

RE: DWash money

I do not know the answers to those questions. I’ll see if I can find out.

20. By Big Ken on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Loser!

21. By Marlin on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Since Washington’s contract was “tolled”… if he is fully reinstated… what exactly are the terms of his contract now and going forward (assuming he is fully reinstated and keeps his nose clean)? How much each year is salary, and how much is pro-rated bonus? How much is guaranteed?

22. By Darren Urban on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Marlin —

RE: Contract

As of right now, his salaries proceed exactly as they would have in 14-15-16-17, it would now be 17-18-19-20. Salaries are $2.9M, $3.4M, $4.4M, $4.4M. Understand that I do not think this contract will stand. If he stays with the Cards, they would likely make a new deal.

The bonus money (already paid) has already been hitting the cap over these years like normal, which means he should be down to $2.5M just this year and nothing beyond.

None of his salaries are guaranteed.

23. By Scott H on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Well, the timing of this works in favor of the Cardinals, IF they want to entertain moving forward with him. So does his salary number. And, really, what do they have to lose by giving Washington a shot? Nothing. Nothing to lose, and potentially MUCH to gain. A player as good as Washington is probably still capable of being, for a bargain price? Shoot, give the man a uniform and let’s get to work!!

If it doesn’t work out for whatever reason….well, as of 24 hours ago, Washington didn’t even seem to be a possibility, so you go forward with what you were already planning to go forward with. Frankly, I much prefer the idea of moving forward WITH Washington because this defense lost too much during the off-season. Hey, he’s over 30, so he fits in with the rest of our FA’s.

NOTHING to lose. A potential GIFT to gain.

24. By AndyM on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Three years is a long time to be away from a sport; the training, hitting and intensity. Reading this column, the Cardinals do not even know if DW wants to play again–much less, whether he wants to plan for the Cardinals. Perhaps most importantly, there is only one person who knows what is in DW’s heart and that will be revealed over time. Darren, it would be interesting to hear examples of players (excluding those returning after WWII), who came back and were effective after such a long absence.

25. By Rick on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

If he has been working out and he can play , play him if he can play and you do not want him in the facility trade him. If he is not in shape good bye….

26. By JTDG on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Well, Keim’s original plan;

He brought Dansby in for a 1 year deal to pair with Washington in 2013. He then drafted Minter, with the idea, he would take over for Dansby in 2014.

Then he drafted Buccannon as the SS. But when DWash was suspended, Bucannon had to step in at LB and Minter never showed much.

Now, with everyone a little older, if Washington can play, why not go back to the original plan with Dansby back for Minter?

I mean, Bucannon wants to play safety. We just let Jefferson walk. Bucannon was drafted for the spot.

Bethea now steps back into the FS spot. Then Badger can be that 3rd safety/slot guy and the team can run that 4-2-5 defense they like to run.

You also only need one Dlineman to step up and play inside with Peters, which takes away that hole.

Now, you just need a shut down CB outside to run this defense effectively.
    A vet and a draft pick.
    On offense, you need to add a receiver and an olineman and you are set. All attainable in this draft. And with 16 million in cap room, we can sign that vet.

I know Darren will disagree, but Keim could have released DWash at any time during the offseason. We watched Keim watch Jefferson walk and Campbell walk.
    If Dwash can still play and they do what I said, this was a pretty shrewd plan. Talk about gambling. But it could pay off big.

27. By hminus on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

The 2011 CBA needs to be revised in the substance of abuse area when 2021 rolls around,depriving a person of the right to work for 3 full years because of marijuana use is wrong,if he did crack or heroin…then suspend him,but for MJ?…come on already,the leagues stance on this is tyrannically misguided…

28. By Darren Urban on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

hminus —

RE: CBA/marijuana

You can argue the point. But they didn’t suspend him for three years because of that. He was suspended one year because of that. The other two years were because he couldn’t get his act together and follow the rules to come back. To me, that’s something you take into account. He could have been back two years ago.

Again, the drug policy is something that can be debated. But if you play in the NFL, you know the rules. If you choose to break them, that’s on you.

29. By hminus on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Now the DV aspect stands on a whole different platform than the “substance of abuse” issue…but we have been informed that the league isnt pursuing that any more either…

30. By Ryan Sherman on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

One of my favorite Cardinals to watch and i felt the same way that Keim did when he got the second suspension that it is disappointing since then we added 28 states have approved Medical Marijuana use as well as 8 states and the Capitol city have approved the recreational use of Marijuana. The national mindset on this substance of abuse is changing. With that said responsible use and the ability to separate professionalism from society is almost necessary because of the related stigma still associated with Marijuana.
    I wish the Best for D. Wash. he was and hopefully will be the best player on the field and hopefully the model citizen they are looking for.

31. By hminus on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

this ‘take away his employment for 3 years because he smoked a doobie”attitude reminds me of the dark ages practice of”he stole a loaf of bread,chop off his hand”thinking…the punishment MOST CERTAINLY does not fit the crime…

32. By D on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Guessing Darren you were dreading this day….now you get stuck with these questions until a decision is made….I am thinking if Foster or Reddick are available at 13, the Cards take one of them and release DWash on Friday to end the saga….

Will be a lot of smoke flying around the Net today on who the Cards like in the draft…..all smokescreen…

33. By Steve W on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Wow, I laughed out loud when I saw this, wondering how the posts must be blowing up. I’m sure there will be a LOT of talk for months to come, but hey if the guy is in good shape and has made a positive change in his life, why not give him a second chance? Especially if it’s true he held off on reinstatement due to that pending aggravated assault charge. To me, that actually shows a sense of maturity that was lacking prior to his suspension. Though of course I don’t know all the details of what’s been going on in D Wash’s life over the past three years, so that’s pure speculation.

And if Fitz is truly on board with the reinstatement and a return to the Cards, that speaks volumes as well.

In any case, let’s have a great draft, and I’m SOOO looking forward to the season. Bring it on!

GO CARDS!!!!

Steve Weston
    Biggest fan in VA

34. By John faile on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

The Cards front office is still very teed off at DW, for the investment they made and how he let everyone down. Just listening to BA talk, when answering any questioning on Daryl ; it just sounds like BA wants no part of Daryl ever again. However, DW’s talent is undeniable. He was, in my opinion one of the best ILB’s in the game in 2013. He’s only 30, and considering that his body hasn’t been subjected to the normal punishment NFL players take, he could play at a high level another 5 or 6 years. I say they bring him in for a face to face with Michael, Steve, and BA, see how they feel, then put him on the field, get him in football playing condition, and then decide. There are just 9 players left on the roster that played with him. Carson, Larry, Andre, PP, Honey Badger, Frostee, Karlos, Bethel, and B. Golden, so while the core of the Cards leaders are here, most of the roster doesn’t even know him. Larry’s tweet makes it sound like he’d welcome his return. I would too if he’s got his life in order. 3 year’s banishment is enough punishment. Give the man a chance.

35. By mal on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Darren-

You have been reporting for quite a while that DWash could have been reinstated 2 years ago but he “couldn’t get his act together”, leading us all to believe it was because he still couldn’t pee a clean jar.

But you also kept saying that once he got reinstated that he would then face the domestic violence charge, which now has proved not to be the case.

Is it possible his first year suspension was for the dope and the following 2 years were for the DV? You had better be very certain and careful how you report this, because you would not want to publicly disparage him unfairly.

36. By Darren Urban on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Mal —

RE: Suspension

I can’t see how he would have had a two-year suspension for a case like that. Would be unprecedented.

Also: http://blog.azcardinals.com/2015/11/22/report-violations-for-daryl-washington/

37. By Adam Smith b1723 fka DTL on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

“Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner
    # NAME POS. HT. WT. AGE EXP. COLLEGE
    58 Washington, Daryl ILB 6-2 230 30 5 TCU”

About to change, lol.
    “Will the real DWash please stand up”

38. By JTDG on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

I saw your Twitter;

B.A., day after season, asked if Buc would move to safety:

““No, Buc’s got his spot. Very few guys can do what he does”

At that time, he didn’t have Dansby and Washington. Things change. Remember Levi Brown was an elite Tackle. Cooper was going to multiple pro bowls.

Can’t put much stock in that comment months ago.
    My eyes tell me, he let Jefferson and Swearinger walk, brought in a 32 yr old safety who can help the secondary the way Johnson did and left open a safety spot. Then the DWash news breaks.

I will be very surprised Bucannon is not a safety in. 2017.

39. By Eric G on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

As draft day is tomorrow, here is my thoughts on Day 1

Names I am okay with to hear (in no order)
    Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech
    John Ross, WR, Washington
    Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
    Adoree’ Jackson, CB, USC
    Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
    Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

Names I do not want to hear
    Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
    Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
    Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
    Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
    O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama

Based on last year, I fully expect to hear a name I don’t want to hear. My guess is Reddick.

40. By krehbieo14 on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

I can’t believe that people on this site are so quick to cling on to the hope that DWash will return to the Cardinals. When it comes to quality athletes, major character issues are easily forgotten; it’s easier to focus on marijuana. In Washington’s case, it would take an extensive process to even consider whether he should and could return. I am sure the Cardinals have thought this through. Like JTGD, I thought about the significance of signing Dansby and its impact to keeping DWash. Who knows if DWash could even make the roster after a three year layoff? If they allow him to stay after careful vetting, I am sure he would be offered a one year minimum, incentive-based contract. I think Cardinals fans are into wishful thinking and are willing to minimize the significance of this player’s negative impact on the organization. Bidwill is a good crap detector, but I can’t imagine this scenario having a positive outcome.

41. By NYCardinals on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Could someone please show me the actual proof that all Washington got busted for was marijuana?

Because I’m just not going to take HIS word for it.

42. By TucsonTim on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Frankly more interested in what the players think. If Fitz is giving thumbs up, that’s pretty much all I need to know.

This is football not the boy scouts. D’wash was awesome.

He’s paid the price for his mistakes…move forward.

43. By krehbieo14 on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

NYCardinals-
    DWash got busted for failing to follow, simple league rules. He repeated that mistake numerous times and bilked the Cardinals out of extension money, even though he never intended to play.
    TusconTim-
    I wouldn’t read anything into Fitz’s statement. He was purely being respectful to a player. Neither Boy Scouts nor NFL players give up three years of their professional life unless they have major character issues.

44. By JTDG on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Eric G,

Gareon Conley is being investigated for rape. No arrest has been made because of conflicting witness testimony.

This will hang over him for a while. He most likely won’t be drafted. At best, he will be a 7th round flyer, unless teams find out more on the situation.

He could be aquitted from the sounds of it unless one of the witnesses changes their story.

You can read for yourself.

Wonder who the other guy was? Another Ohio St player?

If you investigated this and found that you believe Conley, first, how horrible someone lied to hurt him, second , what a steal he would be in the draft.

But if guilty, what a PR disaster you would be hit with by picking him.

45. By Axael Lugo on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Everyone has done so thing stupid and as humans. He paid his dues and I believe e will be a better person for it. And will be thankful and be a great Cardinal football player again. Give him a 2nd chance his heart in the right place and he loves the game.

46. By JTDG on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

This draft will be interesting.

Foster, the top LB, hit with failed drug test. The Peppers, one of the top safeties gets hit with the same thing.

Calib Brantley, a possible 1st round DL gets busted for assulting a women. Joe Mixon just settled his case from 3 years ago for doing the same thing.

Then there is Conley. If not rape, horrible judgment. But because of the rape charges could join Brantley as falling from round 1 to later rounds if at all in the draft.

Crazy stuff going on in the last week. And that is just the things we know about.

47. By JohnnyBluenose on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

It is only natural to wonder about Washington’s abilities/potential after being AWOL for the last three years. Has he lost a step or two, are his instincts still the same, is he ready to absorb the pounding he will take? I cannot help but think that Tim Hightower was able to make a decent comeback after a similar absence and Hightower had to overcome some injuries. Washington was never hurt and unlike Hightower, he was an impact player. If Washington can still play at a high level he is really going to help us. At the very least he has to be given the opportunity to reclaim his position. Maybe there is a reason no one was given #58 to wear. No one has been given #24 either. Is Adrian Wilson coming back some day? Just kidding. But getting Washington back is unexpected and would be very good news.

48. By D on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

The Saints will influence Mr. Keim’s draft. Same needs on defense as the Cards.

AZ will have a difficult time attempting to move down if they want.

Cards won’t take a QB at 13.

If Foster, Reddick, Lattimore, Adams, Hooker are gone, don’t be
    surprised by a Adoree Jackson CB or K. King CB be drafted by AZ at 13

49. By Scott H on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Yeah, I’m not surprised Fitz is welcoming Washington back to this team. Fitz was here to see this guy play before and he’s seen a lot of talent on the defensive side go out the door leading up to a season during which we are hoping to be a contender.

I think I’d be happy to have Washington back, too.

50. By Steve C on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

It would be dumb to not give Darryl Washington one last chance. You don’t let generational talent just walk away and have someone like the Patriots or Cowboys resurrect his career. Give him a chance and if he is anywhere near where he was when he left, the Cardinals have the talent to be a dominant defense again. I feel losing Calais will be the biggest blow – but dominant play from Washington could very make us an elite defense. Have Buccanon play more Tradtional Safety role while mixing him at linebacker during passing downs while having Washington and Dansby play together on run downs. This could work out as a beautiful thing. Worst case he’s no longer good and you cut him.

51. By Ouch on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

So here we are, Darren Urban. There is a chance Daryl plays again for the Cardinals. Over the last couple of years you, employed by the Cards, made some strange comments on DWASH and his situation. In fact, you barely missed an opportunity to show your dislike. I hope Daryl didn’t read your tweet and articles, it would be an awkward situation to interview him now.

52. By Scott H on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Not related to this but is anyone else scratching their heads over the Raiders trading for Marshawn Lynch??? I really don’t get it. How are they better with a retired Lynch and all of his back problems then they were with a young Latavius Murray?? Or maybe Adrian Peterson?? I have NO idea why they didn’t go hard after AP.

I REALLY don’t get it. The Raiders are trumpeting this as Lynch being the missing piece that will bring it all together. OK….good luck, Raiders. I think you’ll be lucky to get half a season out of him.

53. By NJAzCardsFan on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

No one has asked the question… Does D Wash want to play NFL Football???
    Not cleaning up his act for two years tells me no….

If… he is in football shape, he could be a plus for the Cards.

54. By dynosoar on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Three years away is a while, but M. Vick was away for a while and came back pretty decent. Great athletes come back after retiring a few years and some play well and others do not. This will be interesting indeed.

At the very least, it’s something I NEVER expected. If DWash can surprise offensive linemen the way he just surprised me, this will be a fun season to watch.

That is, if he makes the team. Hmmm. I’m keeping posted.

Time for a draft! (For those who like a tall one, enjoy your draft with the draft.)

55. By Don on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

I don’t think the Cards have any choice but to release him even if they want to keep him. They cut Floyd for DUI, they will look like hypocrites if they keep DW with multiple drug violations and domestic violence.

56. By creditcard on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Every year, it is a new team. New players come in, others will leave. In a three year period, there are very few players on the current Cardinals roster that was a teammate of DW.

That said, there probably will not be a locker room issue with DW, based on different players today then 3-years ago. I agree with Scott H’s comments and thought process regarding DW.

One huge concern about DW coming back, is injury. Three years away from this vicious sport DW might be in great athletic condition, but body might not be ready to take the awkward hits.

57. By Dan on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Trade him and move up in the draft……..take Trubisky or Watson if available or snag a QB in the 2nd round…….not interested in Mahomes or whatever his name is.

58. By Dan on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Self update…..take a QB in the 1st round…………Trubisky, Watson or Mahomes. Wasn’t a big fan of Mahomes but he may have something. I think Watson is a winner obviously and something tells me he has the drive, Mahomes may as well.

59. By Coach K on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

I think DWash is not the same troubled DWash of the past. I think this guy has matured and learned from his errors. His body saved three years of abuse from the NFL. If he gets back in shape and can harness those instincts, I think he will be back as good as ever.

This changes the draft for me. I think the Cardinals can consider moving down and grabbing either Mahomes or Cory Davis around pick 18 to 20. Without the Dwash news, I think they stay home and take the linebacker Reddick.

Pick #13 is going to be the most interesting pick in this draft because so many things could happen. I hope they take Watson off their board. Has the slowest release of all the QB’s in this draft. That won’t work in the NFL.

60. By Cactus jeff on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Huge loss on defense with CC gone. Cards may have the worst DL in football. Kiss QB, WR and TE goodbye. SK is all in on need, they go Defense first 3 picks. Cooper,Minter,Buchanan, and Troy Niklas picks have been franchise killers.

61. By Coach K on Apr 26, 2017 | Reply

Two names to remember in round three

Chris Godwin

Cooper Cupp

Both great route runners with excellent size and quickness. One of them should be on the board at pick #77.

62. By Dan on Apr 27, 2017 | Reply

Lots of guys have worn #58 after Washington.

63. By Dan on Apr 27, 2017 | Reply

I want Watson or Mahomes………losing interest in Trubisky……prefer Watson.

64. By Eric G on Apr 27, 2017 | Reply

Jtdg

Didn’t realize that. Screw him then. Hes definitely off the cards board.

65. By Eric G on Apr 27, 2017 | Reply

Just saw Mike Mayock’s mock draft and if that happens I’d love it.

Marlon Humphrey, cb at 13 and trade up from rd2 to 32 with the saints to get Mahommes.

66. By Big Ken on Apr 27, 2017 | Reply

It’s the final count down…

67. By CARDS62 on Apr 27, 2017 | Reply

What a crazy day.

D. Washington is like us getting another high round draft choice. an old cat but someone who can definitely help us. The guy knows how to play the game and lets face it his body should be fresh. No way we can depend upon him but worse case is we trade him for someone or a draft choice, or we keep him and rotate him with our other ILB. I wish him well and hope he is an all pro for us for the next 3 years. but no way can we count on him. I remember a starting running back for the Bengals did cocaine day before the Super Bowl and never even showed up for the most important game of his life.

G. Conley never heard anything negative about him before this story, but wow to be this stupid right before the draft. Hope story is not true. Cardinals need to have a Private Eye Department just to know who to allow on their team.

How stupid are the Bears??? They pay Glennon and then give up all these picks to the 49ers to just move up one to get another QB from NC. that might not be a player. Unbelieveable.

49ers made a very good pick, rats!

Go Cards

68. By Darren Urban on Apr 27, 2017 | Reply

Cards62 —

RE: Dwash

No one is trading for Washington. He might have trouble being signed if the Cards cut him.

69. By steve schreibman on May 2, 2017 | Reply

It is apparent ( note draft of Joe Mixon) that the NFL has very little in the way of principles directing its actions. It is strictly a profit first organization. The percentage of thugs and outright criminals that have been tolerated is extraordinary. So until the league and its followers think that moral behavior is important, why not give Darryl Washington.another chance. He is no worse than any of the others.

70. By Mike on May 4, 2017 | Reply

Could you imagine D-Wash & The Honey Badger on the same side of the field! The speed to the ball! Insane! Bring Wash back, let’em attack!