A trade for Adrian Peterson

Posted by Darren Urban on October 10, 2017 – 9:52 am

The tweet came from ESPN’s Diana Russini this morning, a move that many had speculated about — the Cardinals were trading for running back Adrian Peterson. As of now, nothing is official, but multiple outlets are reporting that the trade is in process and even Peterson seems to think it will happen. I’ll have much, much more on both the blog and the site when/if it becomes official, but obviously, with the Cardinals struggling on the ground (2.6 yards a rush) this is an effort to help.

UPDATE: It’s official.

How much Peterson has left is fair to wonder. He only has 81 yards this season and couldn’t crack the Saints’ rotation. But the Cardinals don’t have to keep him past this season (he’s under contract through 2018) and maybe he can improve things while David Johnson heals.

After all the talk about Peterson through the years with the Cardinals — the 2007 draft and passing on him for Levi Brown, the 2015 trade speculation — Peterson may finally be coming to Arizona. And be teammates with buddy Larry Fitzgerald.

Tags:

52 Responses to “A trade for Adrian Peterson”

1. By Chris G. on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals! I thought he was a running back, has he switched to the offensive line? Without blocking, this plan is doomed to fail. It may be a move to get other teams to respect our run game but, in reality, the other teams need only to look at tape of our O-line over the last five games. I hope I’m wrong and this is a shot in the arm for the team. I think AP’s Cardinal jersey could be a great investment though.

2. By LadyBird04 on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

As with the whole team…it all comes down to the O-line performing at least at a high school level. Humphries and Boone are good run blockers, but, they haven’t been on the field. If/when/maybe the O-line can get their collective acts together, many of the issues the team has dealt with will be ameliorated.

Peterson is a much more forceful running back (historically) than the ones currently on our roster and will pose something else for defenses to think about. Hope he has something left in his arsenal and can help the Cards.

If reports or a conditional late (5th) round draft pick are correct, this seems to be a no brainer. He’ll probably has some incentives in his contract also, but if he performs up to them, it also seems to be a no-brainer.

Hope this works out for the Cards and Peterson.

3. By drblogubc on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Well, this is a retirement destination. So I gues it almost makes sense from that perspective.

4. By carlsonchemist on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

This is exciting news. But I believe that most knowledgeable Cards fans will see a similar thread to when the Cards signed Emmit Smith. Kudos to Keim, but in reality, he’s in need for another great signing. Adrian Peterson is a great (just as was Emmit). Smith did little to salvage the Card’s record. Poor Adrian, he’s behind an O-line that is last in protection. I don’t blame Keim, but this is just more smoke and mirrors.

I can’t help but be excited. Maybe Peterson can hide the warts of the O-line. Honestly, I don’t see the O-line performing any better. I hope that I’m wrong.

But it will be interesting to see how things shake out in the next few weeks. Kudos to Keim for injecting some hope into a fan-base that can already see the writing on the wall. Keim’s absolutely correct. Something has to change while it’s still early in the season. As a fan, I hope he hit gold in the Peterson signing.

5. By NJAzCardsFan on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

I guess Kiem/BA still don’t get it…. DJ had 11 carries for 22yds. CJ2K hasn’t been able to rush for anything as well as the other Cards RB’s. Why..??? Because the current Cards O-Line is horrible. It has to be one of the worst ever in recent memory. If Keim/BA want to fix the running game, they should start by bringing in some lineman who can block!!! They have to improve the O-Line (it is too late this season) if the running game is going to ever get better…. AP is not the solution….Maybe only to improve ticket sales at this point….. Another aging veteran added to the pile…..

I also agree with Chris G.’s post above…..

6. By Jo Ball on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Can he block for himself? If not, he will average 2 yards a carry just like the rest of our rbs. I appreciate the effort but this will do nothing.

7. By Eric G on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Great, the guy we should have drafted instead of Levi Brown. Seriously, the Cardinals just need to move the stadium to Sun City already, it’ll be a shorter commute for half the players. Trading for AP does nothing with that line there.

8. By shane on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

lol so much negativity, no wonder this team has no life … they probably read all these “fans” comments every week smh

9. By Big Ken on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Add him to the stable. I’m liking this move!

10. By joe holst on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

that’s fine but we really need 3 monster defensive lineman, still extremely perplexed at the negligence of that position, ,

11. By clssylssy on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

It this wasn’t so pathetic it might be funny…cut CJ, our only RB who is a good run blocker and the only one to get positive yardage in that horrendous game in Philly, and sign a less versitle RB for an “undisclosed” draft pick? Sounds like a desperation maneuver to deflect attention away from the incompetent job Keim is doing at FIXING THE 0LINE. Why is it that the Seahawks and others can find 0linement to bring in and the Cards are totally out of touch? I don’t like the sounds of “undisclosed” although with Keim doing draft picks, I guess it really doesn’t matter if it’s a 1st or a 7th! Geez, just when you think things can’t possibly get worse! And, CJ is one of our few defensive weapons on offense who isn’t afraid to get dirty and do some of the heavy lifting,,,why not cut Kerywnn b/c he isn’t exactly great on punt returns either!
    Steve Keim you just got owned by Mickey Loomis, LOL!!!

12. By aschatte on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

This organization baffled me year after year with their bizarre selections. Naive fans of this organization talk about being Positive – seriously get out of your bubble and understand reality – let it hit your face – once you realize what a crap organization this has been for the last 30 years – then we can improve.

We are lacking in Defensive Linesman/ Need a CB badly – O-Line is a bust …and we trade for Peterson 10 years too late.

Palmer/Peterson/Fitz/CJ2K – 2009 NFC Championship game here we come! (..and the year aint a typo)

13. By Amir on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

LOL on this management and coaching staff… We need drastic help and improvement on this OL and we get an aged RB!! Barry Sanders will struggle to get 2.0 per carry behind this atrocious so called “offensive line”.

14. By Scott H on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

OK. Hey, it can’t hurt. We can’t be any worse running the ball. But he is going to be trying to run the ball behind the same offensive line that CJ hasn’t been able to run behind. I mean…..is AP going to start magically finding holes that CJ didn’t see??

AP and CJ seem like pretty much the same player at this point. So…what is going to change?

And AP certainly wasn’t doing anything for the Saints. Hence, his availability after only 5 weeks.

Still, it seems like a move being made to try to make things better, so….I will have some hope that it may.

But the pessimist in me wants to say this just looks like another past 30, past his prime player to add to the collection of guys we brought in during FA. Heck, we may as well have them all, ya know?

What happens to CJ now? I have to think he is out with this trade being made….yes? And if he is, that is a shame. Because our dismal failure to run the ball this year has not been his fault. It looked like CJ and the Cardinals were going to find magic together in 2015. I think he truly appreciated the chance he got here and I think he really was hoping that he could help us finish our un-finished business. I would loved to have seen it!

PS – And if AP wants #28, I say we give it to him. It will sure as hell look better on him than it has on Justin Bethel.

15. By faster on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

did i mention lately, that i want to see stanton start? to let palmer get less hits?

now with ap there is no need, now ap will get the b….

16. By Dr. G. on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

OMG Darren! You had to bring up Levi Brown…made me spill my green tea! ((Kidding of course))

You will recall a few days ago, when I speculated a trade for APeterson. Agree on your response that he’s another CJohnson at this point in their career.

Now, with one injury away from nearly no run game, this is not a bad move. AP will come in with enthusiasm. And as jtdg posted, he can grind a bit better. AElls is not the guy up the middle.

Looking forward to more commentary. Any move is better that status quo. Just hoping BA does not think AP is a savior and grind him into submission.

Be well…

17. By mitchaz on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

I think this is might turn out to be a surprisingly good move on the Cardinals’ part for the following reasons:

1. It comes at a time when the team really needs a boost.
    2. It gives the offensive line much more incentive to open up holes in the running game.
    3. All of the players on the team will want to impress AP.
    4. Most importantly, this could rejuvenate the play action aspect of the offense which has become CP’s bread and butter.

Get a FB to go with him. That would be huge.

18. By Scott H on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Damn, that didn’t take long, did it? Just saw that CJ has been released. But that was inevitable.

19. By Superdawg17 on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Where are the O-line men Keim was supposed to bring in.
    How about the winner of the long snapper quintet that worked out

20. By clssylssy on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Scott…
    It can’t hurt? Well…LOL, I guess giving up a draft pick with Keim doing the picking, really isn’t like we’re REALLY giving up anything. But, IMO, CJ was more of an asset as not only a run blocker but also someone who could find the skinny routes (occasionally) and was willing to put it all out there to fight for yards. He has been a great person to fall back on and can be counted to give it his best effort, IMO, Peterson is an unknown commodity, who, a few years ago the Cards didn’t want anything to do with b/c of his “off field issues”. Considering he’s hardly played in two years I have a hard time seeing this as any kind of an upgrade except possibly in name only? Plus when DJ comes back will we see enough of AP to justify a draft pick even with Keim doing the picking?
    I’m really losing any respect I had for the way this organization is operating and, while all players know that it’s the nature of the business, I really hate the way we treat our players who have families who also take a beating .
    Thank you Chris Johnson, you have been there for the Cards when you probably should have lost their number. Good luck to you, I’ll be rooting for you to sign on with a team who will get you to 10k!

21. By Red Page Band on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

I´m a Cardinals die hard fan since 1978, I´ve seen it all and I still here because I really love our team, and I believe this move means a serious attempt to improve the running game, and as we rank dead last at offensive line, I think having AP is a boost for everyone, read this PFF OL ranks, but of course the Cardinals have all my support forever, keep in mind the 1994 49ers lost 40-8 to the Eagles, and then they won the SB… GO CARDINALS!!!:

22. By mitchaz on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Adding Adrian Peterson as the lead RB to improve the Cardinals’ woeful running game (ranked #32 in the NFL) will mean some adjustments on the part of the coaching staff.

First of all, Peterson has always preferred to line up 7 yards behind the center. The reason is it gives him time to react to initial penetration and it allows him to build up momentum as the blocks develop.

What BA should do is sit down with AP and chart out his favorite running plays (blocking schemes included). if BA tries to get AP to adapt to his offense, this move is not a fit. However, if BA allows AP the chance to tweak the offense in such as way as to accentuate his strengths, then there’s a chance that he can not only improve the running game and put some pressure back on the opposing front 7, but the chance that it allows Carson Palmer to rejuvenate the play action passing game which is his strength.

Ellington remains the 3rd down RB. Penny can be used as a blocker in pass pro and even as a FB in the right situations.

I think this move brings a modicum of hope that the team can hang in there until David Johnson returns. But, adjustments will need to be made and made quickly.

But they are also adjustments that may turn out helping David Johnson as well.

23. By Geo on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

If Kiem was not on the hot seat he will be now! This team keeps getting older and worse!

24. By Ted on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Everyone is begging for some sort of move to buy us more time for all the injuries this team has incurred. Keim makes a no risk trade (conditional 6th rounder im hearing) and it seems to do nothing but upset most fans. Why??

O-Line play across the league has gone down. Good O-Lineman are HARD to find. I’m not necessarily defending Keim cause he has definitely whiffed on some draft picks but its not like we can just sign a GOOD lineman off the streets. No team will just trade there guy away without asking for a fortune back in return.

Teams like Seattle get away with a bad O-Line cause they have a mobile QB. Heck even Dallas’s O-Line play has gone down but Dak seems to have at least 1-2 scramble highlights a game.

Is this an elite team? No. But neither was our Super Bowl team back in 08. That team finished 9-7 and got hot beating SEA in the last regular season game and using that momentum to win in the playoffs.

We need to weather the storm and wait out these injuries. We don’t have to be #1 just stay within striking distance. I still believe BA and Co need to do a better job coaching with what they have. I’ll be there for the Tampa game. Cant help but be excited to see Adrian Peterson play

25. By TucsonTim on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Our running game will have to improve by 50% just to get to 31st. Something needed to be done. Was this the right move? We will see soon enough.

If BA keeps pounding the square peg, not much will change. Peterson will likely be stoked for Tampa so that will help. When the defense is making contact 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, I don’t see how this is going to make a big difference. I hope I am wrong.

BTW Amos Jones is still coaching special teams. If Keim wanted to really shake things up, fire Jones and cut 4 special teams players. There have to be better players who can block and tackle on practice squads around the league.

26. By jeffcardinalfan on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

why do i feel like charlie brown and that i just got lucied again? this might work IF BA WILL GIVE AP 25 CARRIES-if nothing else it will give defense rest. the thing is :NO ONE KNOWS HOW MUCH AP HAS LEFT…THE SAINTS SURE AS H&%* DONT KNOW BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT PLAY HIM…i see this as different than the emmitt or edge signings as they were clearly showing less production, but ap got hurt-we just dont know! lets hope that ap is ANGRY!

27. By Dan on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Nice knowing u Keim and Arians……….ticket sales must be going down…….how about some offensive line help? RBs are a dime dozen……….panic move…….must be getting warm in that office. Wonder who the knew coaching staff and GM will be next year?

28. By clssylssy on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Nitchaz,,,
    Really??? Do you really expect BA to change anything for Peterson? Are we talking about the same Bruce Arians? AP is going to give the team a boost…how? He’s hardly played in the last two years and if he had been a shawdow of his former self, do you think Minnesota would have traded him in the first place? Do you suppose there was a reason Sean Payton was hardly using him in NOLA …that he didn’t want to change his offense to suit Peterson? How exactly is AP going to rejuvinate Carson’s play when the real issue is the O-line and a lack of people blocking for Carson , This is a guy who was seriously injured so do we really think he’s going to trust this o-line to be able to open up anything for him when they couldn’t for CJ?If the Honey Badger came back gun shy and tentative, do you really believe an older and less savage player will not play more tentative?
    Well, at least the focus has shifted from the horrible job the FO is doing and is, for the moment deflected.
    I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see it and find it discouraging that in NOLA this is being viewed as “salvaging a potential free agency disaster”, Guess I have to admit I have more faith in Sean Payton/Micky Loomis than I do in BASK.

29. By Coach K on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

ZERO NET GAIN

We exchange Peterson for CJ2K

Let’s examine this further.

Peterson can’t catch and cannot pass block, but is a strong runner.

CJ2K can catch and pass block, but is not as strong a runner as Peterson.

FINAL SCORE: ZERO No benefit And probably a negative for Carson
    Palmer who will now be defenseless in the pocket.

Peterson is not the answer. The offensive play calling is the problem and not using what you have properly.

30. By Larso on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

I like it, he is a tough guy!! we need a spark! 🙂

31. By Fred on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Doesn’t matter who the RB is if the oline cant block? WE have A coaching problem. GM had 3 years to get a corner 4 year to get a S Team coach and we are still in the same place, Not going to get better until we make real changes.

32. By D on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Per PFF
    NFL OLine Ranking

#32. Arizona Cardinals

Average offensive lineman grade: 44.5

While Arizona’s offensive line gave up by far the most pressures this season at 102, it’s unfair to note that without also noting the unit has also faced the most passing plays with 247. Nevertheless, Arizona still ranks 31st in the NFL with a pass-blocking efficiency rating of 67.7, better than only the Texans. It is difficult to single out weak links, as seven different Cardinals players have allowed at least one sack and four total pressures this season. Still, the Cardinals’ two tackles, Jared Veldheer and John Wetzel, have allowed the most pressures on the team as they combined to give up 57 total pressures this season, which is more than what 20 teams have combined to allow so far. While center A.Q. Shipley ranks 27th among centers, no Arizona guard or tackle ranks in the top 50 at his respective position.

33. By mitchaz on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Clssy—

BA just said in an interview with Wolfley that he will ask AP what plays he likes best. That’s a good start.

AP will command the attention of opposing defenses…and that in itself should give Palmer better opportunities off play action. As we saw he had no chance versus the Eagles as they did not bite on the fakes.

I know you want Keim out as GM, but at least he is trying to stir the pot at a tenuous time when the Cardinals clearly need a boost. They wanted to acquire Peterson four weeks ago after David Johnson was injured. The Saints weren’t willing to talk trade then.And now that the Saints have agreed, adding Peterson has created a buzz amongst the coaches and players.

Hope is a good thing, Red, maybe the best of things…

34. By Lg on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

This still doesn’t change the fact that they need a offense line a new defensive coordinator and a cornerback that line up opposite side of Patrick Peterson

35. By Lg on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

But I like the Adrian peace move

36. By DZ on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

I have read a lot of thoughts here that calls it like we all see it.
    Smoke and mirrors. For sure.
    Somethings got to change. This is the change??????? WTF
    Where are the O Linemen nuggets that other teams seem to find that are serviceable? Dorian Johnson? At least he would have been learning on the job. Can’t be any worse than what we have.
    Long snapper? Heck anyone can do that, right? Not.
    Letting CJ go is a mistake. Because he can at least block and help protect CP.
    Adding Adrian Peterson who is another good blocker in a 2 back set protecting (using that term loosely ) CP.
    Bring in 2 tight Ends and go shoulder to shoulder. Get just a little extra time for Fitz to make a tiny space and watch him carring this offense by himself. He is the only one that can be counted on to do that.
    Peterson as a runner is a pipe dream and his real talent will be blocking in the backfield and maybe getting across the line of scrimmage on a flare pass. That would be a big improvement too.
    Lastly- I’m just as frustrated as most of you and most of this is tounge in cheek.
    My hat is off to the couple of folks who had positive and hopeful posts. You are better people than I.

37. By georgiebird on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

This is a good move for one reason. It shows the Cards have a pulse. It shows that SK is talking, thinking, trying. Now if SK can pick up a 30 year old kick returner and punt returner.
    But how does this move help a Cards’ defense that would have given up 60 points or more last week if the Eagles wanted to lay it on.
    So Adrian Peterson arrives 11 years late- is Levi Brown still alive?

38. By georgiebird on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

@D
    The score against the Eagles was 0-21 before a lot of people got to their seats. Do you think the Eagles defense thought that Palmer was going to pass the ball for the better part of the game?
    Do “pressures” take into account the probability that a team will HAVE TO PASS on a given play.
    The offensive line has had their share of injuries but has done a decent job protecting the “Statue”.
    The OL has performed better than the defense especially on 3rd down plays- and that’s a healthy defense.
    So blame the defense, the return game and then the OL.

39. By JTDG on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

OK, this comment from aschatte

You got to admit that is funny.

40. By Corgon on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

So much negative energy here. At least something happend. You never know what kind of change do you need to turn things around. I’m not telling this it the move what we needed to be a 13-3 team, but looking this trade as a negative thing and telling SK did nothing, isn’t right.
    He know the team neaded something, some kind of spark. He tried it. The hawks will not going to trade Wilson to us, because wee need a mobile QB. Noone will give up a good Oline man just because we need one. We’re five games deep in the season. We’ll not going to find a game changer on the street. Peterson is a physical runner. BA will run in the middle one way or the other. Who do you want to see there then? Ellington, KW, or AP? Give it a week or two. He isn’t the back of our future, just a band-aid.
    And please stop this DJ run just 22yards by 11 runs. The guy had almost a 100 yards from scrimmage before he went down. It was always like this. Going nowhere, going nowhere, small gain, big gain. There was a lot of time that time. Remember Gurely’s first game the guy had 8 yards or what in the first half and then torched us in the second, but there was just 2-3 big runs. Who cares it was mor than 120 yards as I remember.

41. By Scott H on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

I can only echo the sentiment of some that you can’t fix a bad O-line by putting a different RB behind them.

AP is more of a power runner than CJ was, that is true. And that may help. But this is not going to be a miracle, folks. It is an honest move to try to make things better 5 weeks into a season already shot to hell by the loss of DJ and a decimated O-line. It might be about the best move they could make at this point. Well, aside from firing the coordinator. I would rather have seen HIM released than Chris Johnson.

But, hey, if DJ Humphries ever gets around to being a football player, maybe that will help, too.

Again, I’m sorry for CJ. This was NOT his fault.

42. By carlsonchemist on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Hi georgiebird,

I agree with you in that at least management has decided that the situation, as it is now, is unproductive. The scheme for offensive lineman in the Cards playbook is complicated and even replacing 2 or 3 lineman with quality veterans that might be available probably wouldn’t be of much help at this time. This is a desperation move! Will this signing make a significant difference? Probably not. But at least as a fan, I can observe on upcoming Sunday games what effect it might have. We don’t have a crystal ball, so let’s see what happens. You and I can always blame Keim for such a weak o-line, as will be likely towards the end of the season.

43. By Richard S on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

Emmit didn’t look all that bad when he made his way to the Cards. I remember one game he did pretty good. I hope Peterson still has something left. No risk it, no biscuit.

44. By CrankyFrankie on Oct 10, 2017 | Reply

I for one am pleased with the move. I honestly believe that AP can be a small spark that can give the entire team a glimmer of hope. Protection is the key, but with a glimmer of hope, the O-line may step up their game. Fingers crossed. Let’s Go Cards!

45. By NJAzCardsFan on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

It is amazing how the Cards fans can somewhat accurately analyze the problems this team has while the Front Office makes excuses and ignores the reality of the situation…..
    Keim should have sent Nkimdieche to the Saints for AP… instead of wasting a 6th rd pick….

46. By clssylssy on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Scott…
    I hear fans defending Keim saying, “at least he’s doing something”…what??? Can we all get back and focus on the real problem–the 0line and the offensive scheme that BA has refused to modify in order to capitalize on the resources at hand. There are 0-linement out there but we have done NOTHING to even give the appearance that we are making an effort to better our situation. The Seahawks have a weak 0-line and they have worked out Brandon Albert and are trying to negotiate for Duane Brown from the Texans, while Albert is now onto the Giants. I guess where my frustration and outrage comes is that it seems the FO is treating the fans like they are stupid and will be easily placated with a somewhat fading bobble of questionable value, while they make little effort to address the very serious and chronic condition that could end Carson’s career while keeping us mired down in futility.
    Fans complain about the “laziness” of our players and their lack of effort but, they are merrely taking their cues from our FO leadership.
    This week we face the Bucs at home and I suspect an all out effort to re-engage the fans by showing them what a “briallant” move SK pulled off with the Peterson deal If we lose this one (and the Bucs are favored) we will be officially DONE.. My skepticism about AP is based on the reality that he has hardly played in the last 2-3 years bc of injury, suspension, and then being unwilling to adapt to a situation where he wasn’t the featured back but a piece in a run game not designed around him and a team’s haste to get rid of him before he became a locker room cancer. I have to wonder what kind of lies he was told about his role with the Cards and if he is aware that he is a mere bandaide until our actual featured star back, David Johnson, returns in four or five weeks. And, I’m sure I’ll get angry remarks at the fact that I suggested that BA lies, but, he boastfully has acknowledged this himself on more occasion.
    Best quote I’ve seen came from Gregg Rosentthal who tweeted, “The Cards, no risk it, no biscuit, seem to be out of biscuits!”

47. By Scott H on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

clssy –

In regard to the game this week, I want to see and HEAR passion from the fans. Look, if we get a wake-up performance from the team, then get behind them and bring the noise.

But if we see another flat, sloppy, and dis-organized performance, then I want to hear the boos, loud and clear. NOT at the players as much as at the coaches and the guys upstairs ( one guy in particular ), who need to get the message that this is NOT acceptable and will NOT be tolerated.

So….the crowd needs to bring the noise, either way.

48. By Scott H on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Shoot, last Sunday, we WERE the biscuits. And we sure as hell got toasted.

Again, the fans in that stadium THIS Sunday need to let this team have it if we see the same kind of performance we’ve seen so far. We’ve seen enough of flat and lifeless. The fans need to not respond in a flat and lifeless manner. SOMEBODY in that building needs to show a pulse, some fire, that attitude of we’re mad as hell and we’re not gonna take it anymore.

Of course, I hope for a pulse of a different kind. Man, ya know what would put a charge into that building? A long TD RUN by AP from our side of the 50 early in this game would really get the blood pumping again. Lift the offense, give the guys on the line some pride, a reason to WANT to get back out there.

It has to come from SOMEWHERE, for Pete’s sake.

49. By clssylssy on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Scott…
    I hear what you’re saying & I do think our fans want desperately to believe & will be in full support on Sunday . Despite my frustration and outrage at the FO, I really would hate for the team to get booed, and that’s exactly the spin that would get promoted by Mr All That & A Bag of Chips and the media.
    It saddens me to see the laughing stock this team has become when it felt we were beginning to turn a corner, but I’m not going to beat up on my guys for a systemic failure.
    I actually am probably more optimistic about this game than I should be, largely bc I believe in the power of the bird gang. The London Game is a totally different story.
    I see the good news that DJ is now expected back by Thanksgiving & we’re buying time.
    SO, GO CARDS. Let’s take’m any way we can get’m.

50. By Dan on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Can Nkemdeche play Tackle, because he sure can’t make one.

51. By Scott H on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

clssy –

To clarify, I’m not saying boo the team / the players. If I’m booing, it’s directed elsewhere.

52. By clssylssy on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

I know, and I got that however, you know how the media puts it’s own spin on things and I’m afraid that any booing at all will be (mis)interpreted as being towards the team who this FO has not hesitated to throw under the bus REPEATEDLY.