Here’s the deal: Peterson 23, Bethel keeps 28

Posted by Darren Urban on October 11, 2017 – 2:40 pm

Adrian Peterson is wearing No. 23.

Did he ask for his longtime No. 28, currently being worn by cornerback Justin Bethel? “Of course he did,” Bethel said.

“We had a conversation,” Peterson said with a smile. “Didn’t last long at all. We discussed it a little bit, and at the end of the day, I’ll be wearing 23.”

Bethel said “it’s not my first time being in this situation,” he said. Bethel was No. 31 his first two years in the league, before he worked a deal with cornerback Antonio Cromartie when Cro wanted 31. Bethel switched to 28 then.

“I don’t mind keeping the number,” Bethel said.

When he was asked if the number was available for a price, Bethel didn’t want to get into specifics. Peterson simply said, “we just didn’t agree.”

Bethel didn’t close the door on Peterson getting 28 — “Anything is possible in this world,” he said — but Peterson sounded like a man who is at peace with new digits.

“I like (Bethel),” Peterson said. “He’s a guy I’ve watched and I appreciate. He’s one of those guys who came from the bottom who has made a name for himself, a hard worker. He represents that number well. If it was another guy, we probably would’ve been tussling in there but he can have it.”

Tags: ,

55 Responses to “Here’s the deal: Peterson 23, Bethel keeps 28”

1. By Mark on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Hey, I have a great way to fix this problem. Cards trade for DRC and cut Bethel unless the Giants would take him. The cards get a guy that can actually play corner and Peterson gets his number 28. I bet DRC is available on the cheap based on the current circumstances and he is in the last year of his contract.

2. By Mike Avila on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Peterson should of snatched it from him .Look at all the times he’s been getting burned by wr. Maybe a new # woulda been a wake up call..

3. By joe holst on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Stump Mitchell was a better RB coach then Freddie Kitchens who appears to be clueless like Amos “Penalty” Jones.

4. By Darren Urban on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Joe —

RE: RB coach

On Kitchens, what do you base that upon, exactly?

5. By Scott H on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Adrian…..my man…..let’s talk. Look, I’ve always liked you and I want to keep liking you. But when you say things like Bethel is a guy you’ve watched and appreciate, he’s made a name for himself, and he represents that number well…..dude, you’re just not helping me get there.

Just say we disagreed and leave it at that. Please.

I don’t believe for a minute that Bethel is a player that AP has “watched and appreciated.” Because it’s not believable. You could say that about the Honey Badger or Bucannon or John Brown. Because those players have been guys you WOULD watch and you COULD appreciate.

I’m sorry, but…..why was anyone watching Justin Bethel?? And what has he done that you could appreciate? ESPECIALLY as a CB.

And BTW, he HAS made a name for himself. Unfortunately, we can’t use that name here on the blog.

JTDG, that one was for you. And maybe that one other person who I get thumbs up’s from ( sometimes ).

6. By Darren Urban on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Scott H —

RE: Adrian

That’s impressive, he just arrived and you already calling him untruthful. And he was talking about a player who has been to multiple Pro Bowls.

7. By Scott H on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Mike –

That was funny, bro! I thought the same. I just……I’m sorry, but who is Justin Bethel that he is going to deny Adrian Peterson his number?? Like Bethel has played great in #28 for this team and has earned the right to say sorry, it’s mine?????

Sorry to say, but Bethel is a guy who shouldn’t really be doing anything to draw attention to himself these days. His play on the field has, unfortunately, already done plenty of that. For the wrong reasons. He might have helped his cause a little by giving Peterson #28. Seriously.

8. By Sir60 on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Good for Bethel! I wouldn’t give up my number either. If I went to another team I would accept the number assigned and be happy with it.

9. By dobie on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

No offensive line no time for quarter back to through and no blocking for a running back

10. By dkerry5242 on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Maybe Bethel would play better if he switches to number 23! Sure couldn’t play any worse.

11. By joe holst on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

it just seems like the RB’S were a lot better last year and have done zilch this year. Also I think Adrian Peterson would respond better or bond better with a former RB like Stump Mitchell rather than an ex QB coach who never played RB, none of the current RB’s are doing anything so it has to fall on the RB coach.

12. By georgiebird on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Have to laugh at all the discussions concerning the Cards. And it all involves AP and the OL.
    Are you kidding me? I would be talking non-stop about the defense and especially 3rd and long. If the Cards get blown out again in the 1st quarter- what can AP and the OL do????
    People who are analyzing the Cards have to get a lot smarter and a lot more insightful as to what really ails the Cards. IT’S THE DEFENSE, TOO.

13. By Birdzilla on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

The “failure in progress”doesn’t want to give up his number? And I’m sorry Mr.Urban but you need to shut up! Being a pro-bowler makes one incapable of lying? Do we need to remind you of the criminals in the NFL past an present? Darren you got a nice gig but I don’t think you will be in that ring of honor. Matter of fact your highlight reel is hard to find!

14. By Darren Urban on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Birdzilla —

RE: “Shut up”

You get one, big man, as you hide behind your keyboard.

15. By creditcard on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Hey come on Card fans. Far too many negative posts. You’ve got to look on the bright side of the equation:

1. The Cards FINALLY solved their single biggest issue, the Punter. Lee is doing an exceptional job, unfortunately Lee and the rest of the other players pushing 35 or more will retire after this season. So next off-season, the Cards will have to focus once again on their single biggest issue, WHO WILL BE THE PUNTER IN 2018?

2. Robert Nkemdiche. The man looks great in shorts and tee-shirt. He is arguably the greatest OTA player ever!

3. The untapped Spanish market, is quickly being captured by the Cardinals. In Spain, Bull Fighting is a huge sport. Meaning matadors are viewed in a God-like fashion. Well, as everyone knows, our O-line is arguably the best group of matadors to ever strap on a helmet.

4. Our defense keeps teams below 40 points per game! But barely.

5. Our special teams can get the ball out to about the 15-yard line on kick-offs, and hold other teams to the 40-yard line. Punt returns (provided our defense gets a rare stop) is measured in inches. While punt coverage (which happens all the time, because of our matadors) is measured in 10-yard increments.

6. But hey, all of our problems are solved since we now have Adrian Peterson on the team. You rock Kiem. You certainly know where the primary issues are.

16. By KB of CG on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Birdzilla- “Being a pro-bowler makes one incapable of lying? ”

He was talking about Bethel, who has been to multiple pro bowls (special teams) dummy 🙂

17. By KB of CG on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Scott H…it seems you think you know what other people are aware of…i guess its hard for you to grasp the fact that a player can recognize the dedication and hard work of another player…you should know that NFL players in general appreciate the skill, talent and hard work other players put in…even if they are not “stars” who score touchdowns…Darren, i dont know how you do it man…keep your cool when these (negative) Nancys constantly bombard this site with their self inflated opinions…thinking their OPINIONS are fact/truth…its funny to me, but then again i dont have to deal with it on a daily basis…my hats off to you sir, keep up the good work…take care, Peace and 1 Love to ALL 🙂

18. By KB of CG on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

my bad, i forgot to say…GO CARDS!

19. By Red Page Band on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

I think about hierachy here, Bethel should be forced to give Mr. Peterson his number, period. I hope Bethel understand he should play ONLY special teams where he excels, but as a CB he is awful!!

20. By georgiebird on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Oklahoma Crimson pretty close to Cardinal Red- maybe AP will feel like he’s back in college. Any port in a storm.

21. By Nate on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

I’m going to preface this that I don’t think Bethel is the main problem on Defense, but it does humor me that maybe if he changed his number the opposing qb might be thrown off when they can’t find number 28 to throw his direction. In all seriousness though, i think the problem lies in the defensive cord. Bethel has gotten burned deep but he was put in those positions and furthermore deep plays typically mean we’re not getting to their qb. I’m not sure if it’s just a matter of too many cues that give away our plays or what but from the first game it looked like Stafford was able to easily recognize our plays and setup protections and pick us apart. Similar to the offense when we put larry fitzgerald in motion to block it gives the other team’s safeties and linebackers like 5 secs watching fitz to know it’s a run, especially since i’ve yet to see a pass out of such a formation.

22. By Jon on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Birdzilla—

What in the world was that?!

23. By Dr. G. on Oct 11, 2017 | Reply

Regarding Bethel, we all remember when he was one of the best ST guys in the league…and maybe the best punt blocker from the edge…very exciting.

I’m just thinking that free lance athleticism is his calling card…reactions and anticipating routes has not been his greatest achievement. As for coaching, this move kinda reminds me of moving Veldheer away from his specialty. ((But yes, a CB cashes better at the bank)) Seemed like the right thing at the time.

If they keep moving guys around, maybe he should get a shot at WR. Who knows, BA seems to like experimentation? He’s fast!

Dear BA, AP is not your savior..don’t grind him into powder. He should help some miss a few tackles if he can get past the Oline. News Flash – AP likes to start a few yards back to get momentum as he starts. Let’s not make it “”Mo-minimum”” as I have seen posted here occasionally. Later…Go Cards

24. By Mike Avila on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Bottom line Bethal is playing like 💩can someone tell him he needs to stop trying to look like p.peterson and play his own game.Lets Go BirdGang I’m Still Behind Y’all! Hey O line hit the weights💪..O line C mon man..block for my man Palmer .

25. By Scott H on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Darren –

I’m standing by my statement that I fine what AP said to not be believable.

And I clarified that I find what he said to not be believable in regard to Bethel as a CB. Are you really gonna disagree with me there? Yeah, I know he’s made Pro Bowls as a special teams player. The landscape has changed.

I said I find his statements not believable. I didn’t call him un-truthful. I see a difference between the two.

26. By Scott H on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

KB –

OK. I believe that AP was doing the right thing in terms of speaking highly of a teammate. I would have expected that because I think AP knows how to do / say the right things. He’s not an idiot and he’s not a bad guy.

But, no, I don’t find what he says believable in the sane way that I don’t find what Patrick Peterson says believable when he says that Bethel could be a better player / CB than he is. It’s the same thing. It’s player-speak. I understand how that works. I guess it’s hard for YOU to grasp that.

27. By Larso on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

They should switch Numbers! Opposing Qbs may throw it accidentally to Peterson on the Sideline!

But Jokes aside, he is a Legend and should be wearing his Number, hope they can work it out. I dont like that hes wearing 23 few days after the cut either

28. By Kevin on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Darren you’re killing the moderation on this article lmfao. Keep it up, love you AP

29. By JTDG on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Man, what the heck happened between you and Birdzilla ?

Now I like to argue probably more than the next guy, but come on. Shut Up, and the stuff about Ring of Honor?

Hopefully, this isn’t a hint of things to come as the cards struggle the rest of the year.

Trust me, it’s good to come here and voice our opinions , since my friends, wife and daughters don’t want to hear it anymore. 🙂

Guys, in the words of Rob Scheider in the Waterboy , “Oh No, we suck again”
    Once we accept that, it will be easier.

30. By JTDG on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

As for the number,

Let’s say Fitz (i know this will never happen) went to the 49ers and Marquise Goodwin says, no, I don’t want to give up #11.

Now he would have a right but, Larry is a HOFer and Goodwin is not.

I think if a HOFer wants his number, even if he is on the backside of his career, you give it to him.

31. By JamesSamuels on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Let me help all of you who don’t know………

THE NFL DOES NOT ALLOW JERSEY NUMBERS TO BE SWITCHES MID-SEASON UNLESS YOU ARE ON ANOTHER TEAM
    BETHEL COULD NOT GIVE HIM HIS 28JERSEY ANYWAY.

32. By Scott H on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

I gotta say, some of the posts I’ve seen recently have been some of the LOL-funniest posts I’ve ever seen! I guess we’re all trying to cope through humor and sarcasm. Hey, it works for me! The blog has never been this entertaining!

That said, I’d be happy to settle for less entertainment and a better team.

33. By Scott H2 on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Cry cry cry cry cry!

Whine whine whine whine whine.

Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.

And good lord, cry cry cry some more.

34. By clssylssy on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Thank you James Samuels for the fact check regarding the league’s policy regarding switching numbers into the season. I’m really surprised that Darren didn’t open his article with this fact.
    It seems there is enough division within the team/fan base/league that fighting over stuff like a number seems a little petty.
    I really can’t see Fitz ever presuming he owns #11, even if EVERYONE in Arizona associates him with that number. I believe there was even a post not long ago about the fact that when he retires, in all likelihood his number will get passed on to someone else less deserving.

35. By Darren Urban on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Clssy —

RE: Number rule

That may be, in fact, the rule, but I have checked with people that know and they have not gotten a direct answer on that.

36. By faster on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

” …He represents that number well …”

i was never a big fan of ap, a great player, but a complicated personality (more of a beast mode fan). with this he noched up some points with me.

now he need only take the team to a win …. or more ….

37. By Marlin on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

You’re being a nice guy… but you should block Birdzilla now. He doesn’t belong on our blog.

38. By Sir60 on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Anyone with a PFF subscription, I would love to know how Bethel grades out. I think BA believes he is better than anyone else on the roster. Bethel gets a lot of undeserved hate. I believe he is a more than adequate #2 CB. We cannot afford a superstar at every position and he is not the problem with this defense.

I believe, if Fitz went to the 49’ers, he would not request number 11 if that number was previously assigned.

39. By JamesSamuels on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Love your blog bro and Didn’t try to throw off on you about the “Not switching jerseys mid-season rule.” Just wanted to give some helpful info.
    Bethel has been with the Cards for 6yrs and made 3 pro bowls.
    I remember when he sucked his first years at special teams and everyone wanted to get rid of Bethel then.

40. By Darren Urban on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

James —

RE: “throw you off”

No worries.

41. By JTDG on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

clssy,

Dividing fans?? What are you talking about ?

How is that dividing fans? It is a discussion.

Do you think the fans who said Bethel is not good, is saying it because of the number switch?

Those fans think the way they think about Bethel because they have been paying attention. He has given up 4 big Touchdowns, including 3 in the 4th quarter losing games for the cards. His last one was a 59 yarder to put Philly up 21-0. Not good.

As for when Fitz retires, yes, most likely , someone else will wear #11. We know Jaron Brown wears #13. But do you think if Goodwin was signed in Arizona, Fitz would give his number up? I think he presumes he owns #11 in Arizona as long as he is playing.

I also think, if a HOFer wants his number, there is a pecking order and lesser players usually give it up for a fee.

Truth is Peterson probably didn’t want it that bad.

What is being lost in all this is the fact the Peterson doesn’t mind #23. In fact, this isn’t the first time he wanted to be #23. In 2012, he tried to change to #23 and Reebok, who made the uniforms, said he would have to pay 1 million dollars. So, he could have switched but would have paid money. He decided not to pay the money.

42. By mal on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

I think Bethel is a very adequate #2 CB.

I think the problem is we miss Calais Campbell.

Our edge rushers are still getting there, but nobody is crushing the front of the pocket anymore like CC always did even when double teamed every play.

Bethel’s fine. Nobody can cover forever. QB’s are stepping up to avoid our edge rush. We really need 90 to play and see if he can supply that interior push we now are missing.

43. By Scott H on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Scott H2 –

Must be amateur hour. You don’t do me very well. Try being yourself, whoever you are.

44. By clssylssy on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

JTDG…
    Whatever,,,it just seem REALLY petty to me but to each their own. IMO, PP while being very athletic, isn’t the greatest Corner in the league either and seems to get lazy or just out played more than is advertised. I personally don’t get all the hate toward Bethel, there are a lot of guys who get by making terrible mistakes that go unnoticed because they haven’t become the team’s lightening rod for controversy.
    And, no, the Bethel haters didn’t just begin with the number switch. And, as far as I know while AP should be a HOFer someday, he’s had off field issues also, which, as I recall even Cards fans were pretty outspoken about and could delay his HOF status.
    Perhaps, “dividing fans” was a poor choice of words but it does seem that these days we are all pretty thin skinned and I don’t think that has to do with AP as much as the total devestation fans are feeling about our season and the empty promises we have been sold for the past few years.

45. By JTDG on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

clssy,

Bethel;

It is an interesting study.

Truth be told, Bethel isn’t the worst CB ever and he isn’t the main reason we are losing. And you are right, others have made mistakes. Sure losing Campbell hurts, no doubt.

Personally, I think the Bethel piling on is two fold;

First,
    he was not able to take over the CB2 spot since 2013. Cro was brought in in 2014 after he failed. Powers was bumped outside after Bethel failed again in 2015. He was beaten out by a horrible rookie in 2016 (regardless of the excuses)

Then came 2017, where they brought in virtually no one and gave him the job. That didn’t sit well with many fans, who felt he hasn’t shown anything as a CB for 5 years, why now in year 6?

Second,
    When given the chance in 2017, he gave up two 4th quarter TDs in the 4th quarter to help AZ lose to Detroit. He gave up another 4th quarter TD in the lose to Dallas to put the game away. Then, was burned deep in the loss against Philly in the 1st quarter with a 59 yard pass play.

To add to this, he isn’t getting beat by elite players. In Detroit, he was beat by a Rookie who has done nothing since. Dallas, it was a 4th receiver that beat him. In Philly, he was beat by Torrey Smith, who hasn’t had 700 yards receiving in the last 4 years.

So, yes, he isn’t the only one making mistakes and he isn’t just toast every play, but he shouldn’t be starting either. Keim’s lack of bringing in someone allowed Bethel to start. I think to me, Bethel is the symbol of Keim’s ineptness. That is why he is singled out.

46. By JamesSamuels on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

JTDG,
    WE realize Bethel May not be the best corner in the NFL. IT is apparent that you can’t say the GOOD Bethel has done this year without sarcasm….can you show the blog that you are not so one sided and write the Good things Bethel did this year so we can weigh the good and the bad. Thanks

47. By clssylssy on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

JTDG…
    Agree with your assessment but find it unfair & counterproductive to beat up on our players for a situation and they’ve had no say in & is Keim’s doing. I don’t think Bethel deliberately has screwed up anymore than anyone else but finds himself in the eye of the perfect storm for taking heat. Our secondary has declined dramatically since we lost Coach Bowles and the old “no fly zone”. Again, the loss of on field mentors & player coaches has been taken for granted & not replaced with players of equal talent.

48. By JTDG on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

James Samuels;

Bethel; – Saying good things.

Um, that’s your job. Or others on the board. I say he is bad, you say no. So, prove your point.

I promise I will listen and if you make a strong enough case, I will accept your premise.

So, how about it? I’ll get you started.

In game one, Bethel had 11 targets in the contest. He allowed six completions for 103 yards with the two touchdowns and interception.

It was his best and worst game. He had 2 passed defensed and an int, till his 4th quarter collapse giving up 4 completions and two TDs.

Bethel has 4 passes defensed and 1 int. If you project that over 16 games, he will have 12.8 passes defensed and 3 picks.

Now, Peterson is thrown at only 13% of the time last year. Last year QBs threw the ball 547 times vs the cards. So only 71 times vs Peterson. That means 476 passes else where. If we take game one as an average game for targets, Bethel will face 176 targets. So, if he is targeted 176 times, he is on pace to defend 13 of those passes or once every 14 targets and an INT every 59 targets.

There is a start for you. Of course this week there is this;

Jackson showed a ton of burst against the Patriots last Thursday, catching five of his nine targets for 106 yards. He’ll now take on an Arizona secondary that allows the sixth-most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers. Patrick Peterson is elite, but he’ll likely be shadowing Mike Evans, leaving Jackson to contend with Justin Bethel. Bethel has allowed four touchdowns in his coverage already, and has struggled mightily this season. Jackson is a high-end WR3 in the soft matchup on Sunday.

Ouch.

49. By DZ on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

Wow!! I just read this string and.. Damn..

Darren, I am fairly new to this forum and enjoy getting an opportunity to voice my thoughts and read others regarding game day results and player performance, schemes and coaching, good and bad.
    Its been a lot more bad so far this year than we all expected.
    Man, everone (almost everyone) who shares their thoughts here all want the same thing. The Cards kicking ass and taking names. But the reality is that it’s not even close to this point.
    Now, most folks here are going at each other and attacking you
    over friggen jersey numbers.
    I just want to say thanks for the venue that lets me get out my frustration at the way the game is played, coached, managed..
    I’m going to Cabo for a week to clear my Cardinal angst and wish you good luck fending off the hysteria

50. By JamesSamuels on Oct 12, 2017 | Reply

JTDG,
    I really respect that answer and you now have my vote bro.

Great analysis!
    James

51. By Hammy on Oct 13, 2017 | Reply

Re: Birdzilla

Birdzilla I think you are on the wrong team! Must be a Bucs fan or something? Your name does not sound familiar here. At least @Darren has the decency to read every comment and reply when asked a question. In my opinion the only sports writer who does a great job covering the team and giving us fans all the info! #Birdgang

52. By Scott H on Oct 13, 2017 | Reply

No, Bethel is not really Bethel’s fault. My problems with Bethel have not really been about Bethel himself. My problems with Bethel have been with the people and the process that have resulted in Bethel being where Bethel is now – a starting CB for this team. None of that is Bethel’s fault. Bethel can only be what Bethel is.

Man, that is a lot of Bethel’s.

I have honestly felt bad for him at times this season. I mean….he is getting paid and I’m guessing he doesn’t allow himself to be bothered by what people say about how he has played this year. But it can’t be easy to be the guy in the spotlight as the CB that just got beat for another TD.

No, he is not THE reason we are losing games this year. But he has been a factor. When you give up two TD’s late against a team that basically ends up by winning by two TD’s….that gets noticed.

53. By Red Page Band on Oct 13, 2017 | Reply

I love you all fellow Cardinals fans!!! You know what? I´ve just got the feeling that everything will change from this game on, not only cuz AP but for the whole team, you´ll see, we´ll be on the resurgent side of the ball!!!

Thank you all for all this discussion, I think we needed it!!! 🙂

54. By clssylssy on Oct 14, 2017 | Reply

Scott…
    You are right, but as I said , this is a”perfect storm for drawing controversy”. Back in the day we had KO returns for TDs, we had a secondary who were the fear of the league with their ability to ball and get pick 6’s, we had one of the best defenses around–one that had the energy and competitiveness to hold offenses and beat teams like Seattle in their own house! We didn’t have a great pass rush but even our special teams (of which Bethel was a Probowler) was able to be special and on occasion even score! What the Hell is wrong with the people whose job it is to coach guys up and build a sense of urgency or pride inthe team. I guess I’m still living in the past with the desire for linemen like Dockett and Calais, who I’d take any day over what we’ve settled for in Keim’s “plan”.
    I’m sad and frustrated b/c I feel all of our players deserve better and on any other team would grow into potential probowlers. Tyrann has been under utilized and seems to be getting burned out with Bettcher and I feel bad for him b/c, it’s the system. An our offense was doable, even with it’s flawed 0-line, and so-so run game; we had receivers besides Fitz who could score TDs!
    When I watch the Cards these days, I’m reminded of the movie “Major League” {in a football setting] and I laugh and ask myself, who is going to be “Wild Thing” in this movie–guess that’s AP’s role. Well, got to hang on to some humor b/c, like the players, we are powerless to do anything about the situation and it’s not worth high blood pressure, an ulcer, You can go see the Eagles for some good football and I will be going home to a few of the Chiefs games! All we can do is hope the players don’t have a cardboard standup of anyone in the FO like in Major League!

2. Oct 13, 2017: Cardinals Blogs | A pair of Petersons, Friday before the Bucs