Yeah, Larry Fitzgerald is not going to be traded

Posted by Darren Urban on October 27, 2017 – 10:38 am

It’s been dormant the last few years, the “the Cardinals should trade Larry Fitzgerald so he can win a Super Bowl” narrative. But now, with the Cardinals struggling and Carson Palmer out for if not the rest of the season at least most of it, it’s back with a vengeance. Just googling “NFL trade deadline” this morning, up pops three articles at the top of the page with images, and two of the pictures are Fitz. It’s not just fans who are asking/wondering/demanding, it’s being suggested all over the place.

It doesn’t make any sense to me, but OK. The trade deadline is Tuesday at 1 p.m. and I don’t know if the Cards are going to make another deal, but I feel confident nothing would involve Fitz. The reasons?

1. 1. He’s the face of the franchise. When things have gotten rough, you’re not dealing the one player fans root for most of all.
  2. 2. He’s their best receiver.
  3. 3. Whatever you might get in trade for a 34-year-old receiver who will be a free agent after the season, it’s not worth nearly what Fitz brings to the team right now.
  4. 4. If he was ever going to move to another team, it would’ve been a couple of years ago. I’ve said all along the die was cast for Fitz to be a life-long Cardinal then.
  5. 5. Say what you will, but the Cardinals, at 3-4, remain alive to challenge for a postseason spot. It’s tough to imagine that coming to fruition the way they’ve played and the injuries they’ve suffered, but that doesn’t change the fact.
  6. 6. Did I mention he was their best receiver? And (perhaps more importantly) the face of the franchise?

If Fitzgerald ever decided to make a power play and go to ownership and asked to be moved, perhaps then something might go down, but that didn’t and wouldn’t happen. Fitzgerald has had his chances to play out his contract and go elsewhere. Even when it runs out after this year, I don’t expect Fitz to play on another team.

And as a final note, I’m not a believer in a team “owing” it to a player to let him go elsewhere so he can win a ring. I’m not saying it doesn’t ever happen, but ultimately, the Cards have paid Fitz handsomely (it’ll be more than $150 million by the end of the season since 2004) and again, he had chances to make sure he became a free agent. It’s unfortunate the Cards haven’t made a stronger push the last couple of seasons, but that’s the reality.

Tags:

74 Responses to “Yeah, Larry Fitzgerald is not going to be traded”

1. By Cardsman on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

What a ridiculous idea! Throw the baby out with the bath water.
    Trade the greatest player the Cards have ever had. Why don’t we just burn the stadium down and root for the Cowboys, fair weather fans?

2. By Fred on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

lets not make any trade until we get rid of BA and the GM. Larry should be a cardinal for as long as he wants He plays hard every game. It was just a ridiculous idea to get rid of one of the best player in the NFL he is the face of the AZ Cardinals.

3. By clssylssy on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

Yeah, those articles are popping up all over the place, and on this thread too. I think at this stage of the game the only scenario where that would be a remote possibility would be if Fitz went to Michael Bidwill and asked to be released so he could go on a playoff run with the Vikings. But, as you said, he’s pretty much said all along that he wanted to play his entire career in a Cards uniform so, I really haven’t given it much of a thought. In another article I read, it was suggested that the Cards trade John Brown to the Bills to help their playoff run, however, with JB’s physical condition, I can’t imagine that the extreme cold in Buffalo would be condusive to optimal performance although it might be better than the extreme heat of Phoenix.
    With the way things are going, seeing Fitz play in probably his last season, is what’s actually continuing to sell tickets. Everybody loves Fitz and even if the Cards are losing, it’s still worth it to see The Legend.
    It would be nice if we could get some help on the defense but I’m not holding my breath for that to happen either.

4. By creditcard on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

Tony Romo made an excellent comment about changing management and coaching staffs. His comment, was that there is no reason regardless of record to change a coaching staff, IF the coaches are coaching / teaching the players properly. His comment was about Harbaugh, and Romo felt the Harbaugh was an excellent coach in coaching / teaching his players. He then clarified the reverse is also true, if a staff is getting by the physical talents from the players, and (he didn’t mention any coach’s names) that there are certain coaching staffs that simply are NOT coaching their players effectively.

Let me see, Amos Jones has disastrous results. Goodwin cannot teach the line on how to pass or run block. Bettcher should be dismissed for his results (Jones as well). This obviously stems from the top, and trickles down.

Time for coaching and managerial changes.

5. By creditcard on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

Trading Fitzgerald would be like Indianapolis releasing Peyton Manning, so that he could play with a contending team. I mean come on, Peyton Manning was the face of the Colts and he looked good in that steel blue and white uniform. Peyton Manning was the Colts!

Wait a minute … I think the Colts did do that, AND Manning was able to garner a super bowl win with the Broncos.

Stanton’s throws are wild, often leaving the receiver totally exposed. Cards luck, so far, has only been bad, I would hate to see Fitz injured and his career end on a downer note, like Palmer’s.

I personally would not want Fitzgerald traded, but at the same time; it would be cool to see him with a bonafide contender that he could gain a SB ring. I don’t see it even the slightest percent possible that this year’s Cards will have over 6 victories. Thus, Fitz with the Cards has 0% chance of getting to the SB.

6. By Rowlan Colorado Springs on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

4 of our next 6 games at home…..don’t give up yet!! i do believe the defense will get it right…….ok I hope!

7. By Dan Nicholson on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

Darren, RE: Fitz trade. Thanks for laying it all out their on a no Fitz trade. Every point was right on . Larry has always been a keeper and my favorite cardinal . See, when the game is on the line the cream rises to the top and # 11 is that player. Thanks Darren

8. By dkerry5242 on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

The Jaguars just got Marcell Dareus from the Bills for a 6th Round pick, as if the Jags needed to get any stronger on Defense. Our game against the Jags just became another loss.

9. By georgiebird on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

Marcell Dareus to the Cards for a 6th rounder ????? Why not????

10. By Scott H on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

All good reasons but #3 might be the best reason not to do it at this point.

I’ve actually become torn on this issue. Ultimately, in my heart, I would never want to see Fitz traded. AND I certainly never thought circumstances would get to the point they have – so bleak as far as the team’s outlook is concerned that the subject would even enter the discussion. But…..here we are.

And since we HAVE actually reached that point……I gotta say…..for Fitz’ benefit……if HE wanted to finish this season / maybe his career somewhere else, I don’t think I would pitch a fit. Again, if HE wanted that. If HE wanted that, I would never hold it against him.

I would just be miserable if it happened. My heart wants to see him end his career here.

But the sad thing is, my heart is pretty much broken either way. Seeing him go would break my heart. But seeing his career come and go with no SB ring – for him OR us – is going to break my heart, too. So…..just sad.

11. By Scott H on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

In Fitz, we have been witness to a TRULY generational player….a player who has put himself into legit consideration of GOAT at his position. And there have been other GREAT Cardinals players during their history. BUT I don’t know if you could name one who has put himself into a discussion of GOAT at his position.

But Larry Fitzgerald has reached those rarified heights. And SB or not, he took us with him. He STILL makes you go WOW.

The game may have NEVER seen better hands than Larry’s. Jerry Rice has numbers that NO other WR will probably ever reach because no other WR will have the combination of his talent, his longevity, AND his supporting cast, which included maybe the greatest QB of all time.

But those hands…..I think no one ever had hands that were better.

I’d LOVE to see a formula that would project what Larry’s career numbers would have been if HE played the same number of years with Joe Montana as Rice did. Is there a computer program, I wonder??? I mean…..THAT might actually be the ONLY way to ever truly conclude who the greatest WR of all time really is. Of course, you’d also have to do it with Moss and TO and Harrison, etc.

Then again…..Harrison had Manning for his entire career. Not bad, huh?

12. By CARDS62 on Oct 27, 2017 | Reply

None of us want Larry to be traded just like we did not want our best CB Aeneas Williams traded and we know we are not going to get much if anything in trade value.

I have said and I will still say if Larry wanted to be traded or even if I was GM and a contender came to me wanting Larry. I would at least sit down and talk with Larry and do what he wanted. If Larry did not want the trade fine, but if he did I would not be selfish and I would let him go for his benefit and not the teams or fans. It is only fair to give him one last chance at the ring which is why you play football.

I also wish you guys would have felt this strongly about C. Campbell. I live in Jacksonville and listen to local sports radio when driving and my Cardinal Family they are comparing our big man to Reggie White leaving the Eagles for the Packers. They are also talking him up for MVP and this is not team MVP this is NFL MVP. He is playing in a 4-3 defense for the Jags so he will not have these numbers for us this year in our 3-4 defense, but he would have made us a much better defensive team. What bothers me the most is you would think our GM or head coach or at least is defensive position coach would know how valuable he is and that we can not let him go. I hated to see C, Campbell go just like I will hate to see Larry go, but I am happy for the big man and all the success and love he is receiving now as he played well for so long for our Cardinals and I will feel the same for my favorite Cardinal of all time, Larry Fitzgerald # 11. Even if Larry plays for another team and even earns a ring we know he will return a retire a Cardinal and Larry will always be a Cardinal.

Rowlan thanks for the laugh, but Michael Bidwill has not shown that he cares at all about our 2017 season and everyone else, GM, coaches, and players are making great money so they are not going to fire themselves. 2017 is over. I just hope the team gives effort for the remaining home games so the fans will have some fond memories to show for spending their hard earned money.

GO Cards!

13. By Big Ken on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

Never say never.

14. By Marlin on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

Shouldn’t even honor these stupid suggestions (like we should trade Larry) with a response. That’s what all social media has become…. promotion and reaction to the most stupid activity…. stir a bit of controversy…. get the clicks. Intelligent discourse is hidden and overcome by the ridiculous.

15. By cactus jeff on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

JTDG
    I think you know how will answer the DB question. I would have have traded Pat P to the Titans for the 5th and 17th picks and drafted CBs Marshon Lattimore and Tra’davious White. I will also take the Patriots RBs, and WRs over Johnson and AJ Green.
    AJ Green is a great example, look at what happened to the Bengals offense when they lost Sanu and Marvin Jones Jr.
    I see the draft as a game of analytics where the scouts/gm recognize college player’s skill sets and how they transfer to the NFL. Minter and Cooper are not NFL players, those mistakes can’t happen. But roster development is a different game and the Patriots have that down. Other teams come and go but the Patriots keep bringing it every year. Brady is the shiny object that everyone focuses on believing he is the key to their success. It is a distraction, look at how their roster is constructed.
    Go back to the Bengal example, Hey Andy Dalton would you rather keep Sanu and Marvin Jones and then add Brandin Cooks and Danny Amendola while loosing AJ Green? Hey Cactus Jeff, yeah this is Andy…YES!

16. By steve on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

Darren: Between Carson Palmer, Larry Legend and Bruce Arians, which of the three, in your opinion, is the more likely individual to call it a career after this season and in what order would you guess the likelihood could be? Thanks

17. By Darren Urban on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

Steve —

RE: Order

I can’t say that I could even guess. They don’t know yet. Maybe Fitz.

18. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

I just hope the team make an effort to have Larry go out with a bang. Get him the ball!

19. By Larry Leverett on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

Trading Fitz before close of business on Tuesday could be a GREAT move.

The history of the NFL, NBA, and MLB is filled with trades in which a team overpays for stars based on what they USED TO BE on the field. There is no one that is untradable, for the right price: Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, Herschel, Walker, Emmit Smith, Randall Cunningham, Randy Moss, Lyle Alzado, Bo Jackson, A Rod, Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Dominique Wilkings, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, etc. EVERYONE can be traded, if the offer is right. IF Fitz accepts a trade to NE (best chance to win SB), Pittsburgh (his college team, local legend, reunion with Todd Haley), Minnesota (His homeland), the Cards could garner a low first round pick plus incentives (low round rick if he get X number or catches or if the team makes the SB). Low first round picks are diamonds, many of which end up as perineal pro bowlers: J Garropolo, Aaron Rodgers, Travis Frederick. Even if not a first round pick, there are NFL pro bowers found later: Richard Sherman, Brandon Marshall, Jerod Allen, Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, Robert Mathis, Jahri Evans, Darren Sproles, Marcus Colston, Josh Sitton, Julius Edelman, Alec Ogletree and Cordell Patterson, etc.

Its far better to trade him for a top round pick than to have him leave, play for a title, and the Cards get nothing like they did with Lomas Brown, pro bowl OG who left the Cards as free agent, won the SB with the NYG and caused us to draft a OG at #7, a desperation pick whereas AP was still available, We just did the same with Antrell Rolle,and last year w Calais Campbell. For my money, displaying your best diamond in your barn is a waste of your most valuable asset.

Trade Larry, allowing him a chance to get out of this years’s Cardinal purgatory, but most importantly, it unloads your payroll when he and CP aren’t here during next year’s off season free agency period and better yet, it sets you up for major leverage/flexibility in the 2018 draft, one in which you need quality starters at multiple positions. .

20. By Darren Urban on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

Larry —

RE: Fitz trade

You are not getting a first-round pick for a 34-year-old receiver, especially one who might retire and who is a free agent after the season.

I’m guessing a sixth-rounder. Maybe a fifth.

Oh, and it doesn’t matter, because he won’t be traded. Which was the point of the post.

21. By patrick bailey on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

TURN OUT THE LIGHTS, THE PARTY’S OVER……………………

22. By Jon Elder on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

Creditcard: Your comparison between Peyton Manning and Fitz is absurd. The two situations are not even remotely comparable.

23. By SCarolinacard on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

I waited all season last year for this team to get it together. The likelihood of this happening this year with a backup QB, a bad offensive line and a worse defense is very slim. I’ve watched this team for a looong time, and it’s just the way it is, except for a few seasons here and there, IMO.

24. By SCarolinacard on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

By the way, if Fitzgerald were agreeable to a trade I’d be happy for him! The fact that he draws a crowd is not an issue for me, and I’m not really worried about what he would draw in a trade. It’s about his chance for greatness, which he deserves, again IMO.

25. By JTDG on Oct 28, 2017 | Reply

Two weeks ago, I saw an article on another site and Deion Sanders came out and both said the cards should trade Pat P away, because he deserves to be on a better team.

Now you have at least two sites, plus people here, who are saying that Fitz should be traded to give him a chance at a ring.

What does that say about the state of the cardinals in the minds of national media/sites ?

26. By Darren Urban on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

JTDG —

RE: Minds of national media

Why does it matter? I can’t think of anything less compelling than the “deserves to be on a better team” argument, especially from the team’s perspective.

The national media was also suggesting the Cards trade Fitz in 2011, 2012, even 2013. In hindsight, would that have been a good idea?

27. By Scott H on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

Man….this is sad but I’m not even sure if the Cardinals not playing today is a good or bad thing. I’ve always hated the bye week. But now….I almost feel like I need a break.

I always seem to have an it-will-be-interesting-to-see-if angle going into every game and here I am again – it will be REALLY interesting to see how this team looks after a bye. For the most part, they have looked flat, slow, and even un-motivated this year. But after a BYE? Um….if we see that coming out of a BYE, then how is it NOT time for someone to lose their job at that point???

Tired of hearing how we have these great weeks of practice, then we look awful on game day. Seemed like we were seeing a lot of that last year, too. And all I can point to is the fact that we had the same coaching staff then, too.

So…..it WILL be interesting to see how they look after the bye.

28. By clssylssy on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

Watching one of the Sports shows last weekend, the guys were doing their fantassy picks, and Larry Fitzgerald was STILL chosen as WR for one of the guys who has played the game and knows the players. His point was Fitz was still consistent and better than many of his younger counterparts and could go toe-to-toe, week after week and was just stuck on a bad team that had flashes of promise occasionally.
    Fitz is going to be a Hall of Famer (probably 1st round) and has CHOSEN to spend his career with the Cards He doesn’t need a ring to get into Canton. although he surely would have gotten one by now with his career, had he been with another team. He has been our leading source of revenue, continues to be the backbone of the franchise, and I don’t think Michael Bidwill is going to kill his golden goose although I could see Steve Keim having itchy fingers. The fact is Larry has a very close relationship to the Bidwill family and I don’t think, unless he requested a trade, the topic would even be a consideration. When Fitz is done with the Cards, I’ll be done too, and would have been ready to be done with this team this year. I’m hanging in for the Fitzgerald experience and suspect there are others doing the same. It’s one thing to support an Organization who makes an effort to give the team the best chance of winning but this year’s inaction by the front office makes me feel as if there is no respect or appreciation for the fans except as a cash cow, and I’m done contributing to bad behavior on the part of manaagement. It feels like fraud, and make me feel like a bad investor.
    I see Fitz being done with football after this season, with BA retired, and possibly Carson the only one left to mentor a new QB, and possibly him deciding that retirement looks pretty good rather than begin all over again with this circus.

29. By clssylssy on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

Continued…
    The only way for this team to get even luke warm is going to be dependent upon this defense. To focus on the offense is a complete misdirection. The loss of our core defensive players and then Marqus Golden to injury has left this defense naked and exposed. While I know fans will get all self righteous, I can’t believe we would have been any worse off keeping Daryl Washington to at least given him him and the team a shot. Keim has until the trade deadline to even give the illusion that he is making an effort and after than I think fans should see the handwriting that’s been on the wall all along.

30. By JTDG on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

Darren;

Trades;

Who cares? I am sure no one within the organization.

But when National Media thinks the only chance Fitz and Pat P have to win a championship ring is to be traded, I think that says a lot about how the organization is viewed.

Heck Pat P is , what 28 or so? When they are talking about guys in their prime need to be traded so they can get a ring, obviously, they don’t think the current group will win a championship.

Keeping Fitz in 2012 got him how many championships?

It is the same reason people thought Barry Sanders should have been traded or Joe Thomas should be traded.

When your organization is viewed like that, don’t you think you owe it to the fans and the league to step back and figure out why?

31. By Darren Urban on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

JTDG –

RE: Viewed

A few points:

1) I do not understand this idea that the organization itself isn’t trying to get better. They may not do it the way fans want or national media want, but they are already trying to “figure out why.”

2) There are a lot of great players in the NFL who have not/will not earn championships in their careers. Trade all of them? Much of what the national media says — and with my background, I do not mind it or think it’s necessarily wrong — is built to generate conversation/ratings. Nothing better than speculation, like with trades.

3) If a team trades all it’s marquee players, tell me, what will the fans say? You deal Fitz and now you don’t have a No. 1 receiver. You deal Peterson and then you’re looking for two cornerbacks instead of just one. Oh, and all the while the fanbase is angry because now you not only don’t have a chance in the short-term, but there is no one to watch on Sundays while it’s happening. This doesn’t happen in an analytical vacuum.

32. By clssylssy on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

Darren…
    The Cardinals are the oldest franchise in football with a grand total of 10 playoff appearances (4 in the last decade), 1 Conference Championship, 0 SB Championships w only 1 appearance. How long do you think a franchise should be given “to figure things out” before the league requires a change in ownership,as a quality assurance measure to maintain a certain standard of competition? Or, do you feel the NFL has no responsibility to try to maintain the integrity of the game and it’s consumers?

33. By Darren Urban on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Clssy —

RE: “figure things out”

Whoa, whoa, whoa. So now we’re talking about forced sales because they haven’t won a title? Funny, I don’t recall you or anyone else bringing this up two or three years ago.

Each of these teams are privately owned. Yes, they play within a league. But no, I don’t think teams should be forced to be sold. What’s your bar? Are you legitimately going to argue that, in the last decade (because frankly, before that is moot at this point) Michael Bidwill has not worked to make the Cardinals competitive? Hell, many of you have sung his praises multiple times. Now he should sell?

No I don’t think teams should be forced to be sold. And it would never happen anyway, because owners are going to put anything like that in place, because at any point they could be the ones forced out.

34. By D on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

I have a trade proposal that many would say would be crazy, but I would look to first sign/extend T.Branch tomorrow.
    My trade would be to send Honey Badger and 1 draft pick to The Pats for Jimmy Garopollo.

35. By Robert on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

GUESS who i just saw playing for the COWBOYS? Johnathon Cooper blowing people off the line of scrimmage. So lets get this right..we trade draft picks who are playing great on another team, yet draft first round picks that sit on their ass their first year, either get hurt or don’t make an impact. Hows Reddick doing? Mkimechi, Humphries? We aint going no where with crappy drafts…Our O Line sucks…Look at my previous post, i said that Palmer is going to get taken out with an injury by being hit that many times. No one can take that punishment

36. By JTDG on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

Let me clear something up. I do not want to trade Fitz or Pat P.

What I am saying is the National Media views the cardinals organization in such a poor light, that they think the cards should trade their marque players.

The cowboys haven’t won a championship in 21-22 years. Yet they are not saying it about them. Or say JJ Watt on the Texans, they are not saying it about him.

So, why do they say it about cardinals players? Same reason they say it about browns, lions, and charger players. Nationally, there is no respect for these organizations. There just isn’t.

You hear fans on here complaining that the cards get no respect from this sports guy or that one. There is a reason.

As an owner, I would be embarrassed with this image and look to change it. I guess that’s what happens when you have the longest streak of not winning a championship in any sport.

So Deion see Pat P and says please trade this guy. Others see Fitz and say he needs to go to the Patriots or somewhere where he can win.

That is not a good image.

37. By Darren Urban on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

JTDG —

RE: Trades

I see exactly your point. And I will reiterate, I do not understand those who think Michael Bidwill isn’t trying to create a franchise that has that respect.

But respect is all about wins. Deion/national media had all kinds of “respect” for the organization a couple of years ago. When they were winning, and, oh by the way, all the same decision-makers were here. So forgive me if I can’t get worked up when the “respect” is simply tied to wins and losses. That’s fine, but let’s not pretend it’s this nuanced thing.

They are not saying it about the Cowboys now. But look back a few years ago. I wholeheartedly disagree that no one was piling on the Cowboys. I also disagree that no one ever brought up, for instance, trading Watt. I actually did see that a year or two ago, with the same notion — he could bring a bounty when the team is going nowhere.

Oh, and by the way, what happened — the Texans suddenly are contenders (yes, I know Watt is hurt.) In a year to year league, what if the Cards, for instance, move on from Palmer in 2018 but bring in a solid QB and make a jump like 2013 or 2008, and they had traded Peterson, for instance. And they didn’t have a No. 1 CB all of a sudden.

38. By Jim Richardson on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

Fitz isn’t going anywhere. With all due respect to Fitz, he has played in a Super Bowl, something most players never get to do. We lost. Get over it.

In any event, the season is not over. We still have a team and we have a quarterback with a cannon for an arm and who has a winning record.

Focus, folks. We have a team to support.

39. By Dr. G. on Oct 29, 2017 | Reply

Darren…just wanted to concur with your take on the national media. In recent years, they think their job is to “”entertain and make news”” rather than report factual things. This happens in every category unfortunately with innuendo and false grabbers for the sake of ratings, disgusting or otberwise. Social media is out of control with suggested link stories.

((Disclaimer ~ most media, not all))

Yeah, these Fitz stories are just ignorant, news greedy blather without his input. And as for sports fans/media that use the “”deserve”” label, it’s all so much oblivion. It’s just as silly to say, “”Let’s adopt our favorite child to a richer household because they deserve better.”” No, I have not embibed today…that’s just how dumb this prospect is to discuss. Be well…

40. By Scott H on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Watching the Eagles / 49ers game yesterday and it was an exact replica of the Cards playing there a few weeks ago. Total ineptitude all the way around. Of note, the 49ers fared SLIGHTLY better in the final score and for a portion of the first half, their defense was actually playing well.

Watching the Redskins / Cowboys game and watched DL Swearinger making plays all over the place. Our loss has clearly been their gain.

Watching many of the games all around the league ( Seattle / Houston was a doozy ) and feeling very envious of the teams that have gotten it right with young QB’s and seem to be on their way. Makes me feel like the Cardinals have just been left in the dust of all of these teams. AND like we ain’t getting out of that dust cloud until WE get it right with one of these young QB’s.

Again, I’m not sure how / when / WHY we have become the 49ers but it doesn’t matter how. when, or why. All that matters is that we have. And that is just friggin sad.

41. By mitchaz on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

4 Trade Proposals:

1: (NE and AZ)

NE Gets:

LB Deone Bucannon
    S Tyvon Branch
    QB Blaine Gabbert
    2018 3rd Round Pick
    2019 4th Round Pick

AZ Gets:

QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Why NE makes the trade:

* Need a LB with Hightower out for season—gave up 77 yard rushing TD yesterday
    * Need a coverage matchup S who can tackle—Pats are struggling is pass coverage
    * Need a #2 QB—they have the bye week to integrate Gabbert, Bucannon and Branch

Why AZ makes the trade:

* Iffy 2018 QB Draft class
    * Get QBOF now and integrate him asap with Palmer on IR
    * Buc’s 5th year option is over $8M—for now they can move Haason Reddick back to ILB in Buc’s spot
    ——————————————————————————————————

2: (PHI and AZ)

PHI gets:

T Jared Veldheer

AZ Gets:

TE Trey Burton
    2018 6th Round pick (*could become 5th rounder if Veldheer starts in playoffs)

Why PHI makes trade:

* Lost LT Jason Peters to IR
    * Hala Vaitai struggled vs. SF as Peters’ replacement
    * Veldheer’s been playing well the past few weeks

Why AZ makes trade:

* Veldheer might retire after this season
    * Would likely be released in 2018—get value now
    ————————————————————————————————————-

3.: (BUF and AZ)

BUF Gets:

WR John Brown

AZ Gets:

2018 6th Round pick (*could become 5th rounder if Bills make playoffs and Brown plays)

Why BUF makes trade:

* They are 5-2, but are weak at WR
    * Brown gives them a home run threat

Why AZ makes trade:

* Brown is a UFA in 2018 and would likely get a better deal elsewhere—get value now
    ————————————————————————————————————-

4.: (BAL and AZ)

BAL Gets:

CB Justin Bethel

AZ Gets:

CB Tavon Young

Why BAL makes trade:

* To bolster their STs (Harbaugh’s specialty)
    * Is highly recommended to Harbaugh by Tony Jefferson
    * Bethel still one of best gunners, kick blockers from edge

Why AZ makes trade:

* Bethel is not returning in 2018 (UFA)—het value now
    * Tavon Young tore his ACL in June, but played well as a rookie in 2016 and started 11 games
    * Young is reunited with fellow Temple Owl Haason Reddick
    * Young has 2 years remaining on rookie contract and should be ready for TC in 2018.

42. By clssylssy on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Darren..
    Don’t panic, that was merely a philosophical question I was throwing out for thought as I realize the Owners Club are a tight group mostly of OLD, VERY BIG money who have each other’s back. Nonetheless, there are the Owners, the League, and the NFLPA so, as some point down the road, I’m thinking that for the greater good of all, it might be in the best interest of everybody to,as with many professions, develop some standards with the goal of elevating and maintaining a high level of competition for all 32 teams, IMO, the better the product on the field, the more profitable for all. Many of these fraanchises, have been in old familiies for generations, and as any parent knows, kids tend to have their own interests and being “expected” to carry on the family business, might not be in their plan resulting in organizations that are kept on life support b/c it’s still a decent asset or out of respect for dear old dad and the family. I don’t think that having a review of operations say, every ten years, to see if a franchise is meeting standards would be out of line. Having internal quality control improves quality as well as protects the public, Just a thought.
    FWIW, i think Mr. M. Bidwill is a good guy, and has made an enormous effort to turn this organization around. He is a great event planner and has put on some top notch Superbowls, as well as improving the facilities for the players. I think he is well intended but despite being around football all his life, just doesn’t seem to have a football mentality, which is OK because he has strengths in other areas, and in all fairness, he seems to try to listen to people he considers “football guys”.
    And, this organization has come light years since I got here 25 years ago, so it’s not for lack of trying,
    You answer that “things take time” sounds like all the other tired excuses that fans have been listening to week-after-week on all those occasions when we suffer disappointing losses…”we’re going to have to do better,” “we looked good in practice but didn’t show up today”… It gets old, fast, and so now I’m wondering what is a reasonable time (especially when a team does nothing to fix inadequacies for an entire off season).

43. By Darren Urban on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Clssy —

RE: Answer

I never said “things take time” nor did I imply that.

Again, this boils down to: Fans can be upset if a team doesn’t make the moves they want them to make. You can disagree with what they do. You can be mad, for instance, they didn’t match a 4-year, $60M contract for Calais. They had reasons they didn’t want to do that (and it wasn’t because they are cheap.)

But to say the team “does nothing” is hyperbole and is frustrating to me.

44. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Trades;

I get your point also.

I don’t read a lot of national stuff and I don’t watch ESPN or NFL network for news much. NFL network for highlights occationally, that’s about it.

Maybe Witten was up for trade talks by media when they went 4-12, but I don’t remember people saying he needs a ring. I could be wrong.

I do remember the JJ Watt talk, but I think that always comes when someone is going to get paid like he did. I think the argument there was, do you pay one guy franchise money or trade him for many moving parts.

Someone posed the question on this board saying, would you rather have Pat P, AJ Green, David Johnson or have a committee at each spot. I think that is a question every GM has to face.

I, for one, would not trade either guy. I would have extended Pat P in the off season to lower his cap money and he would retire as a cardinal. (then signed a CB2 with the money)
    Fitz would stay here unless he was like Aeneas and asked to be moved.

As for them doing everything possible, that is a tough one to sell. I’m just a guy on a couch and I said two years ago, the cards needed to address Oline and CB2. Why can I see it and they can’t?

That is what is projected as not doing the things needed to win a championship. Not doing anything is perceived as not caring or incompetence by fans.

Just hoping Bethel or the line will hold up is not a plan. Remember when I wrote at the beginning of the season, come game 4 or 5 , it will be too late to find a replacement for Bethel. Well, here we are. Countless fans before the season said Palmer will be lucky to survive. Yet here we are.

Why can fans see it and Keim and company can’t?

Winning changes things. You are right. It might be a while before that happens here again.

45. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Mitchaz,

I like the thought of moving Veldheer. I thought he should have been moved to Jax before the season started after Eugene Monroe bailed.

You have Seattle, who is trying to get Duane Brown out there. I would make that call. You would clear 10 million off the books in 2018 by trading him.

Trading Bethel makes sense. So does trading Bucannon. 8 million for Buc is too much.

46. By Joe C. on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

First off, when I began following the NFL the Steelers were the laughing stock of the NFL. The Packers sucked hard after Lombardi for a couple decades. The Giants were a joke until Parcells. New Orleans, etc. The cards are consistent contenders for 10 years. Fitz got his money, he’s a cardinal. PP, you don’t trade pieces while looking for pieces. I don’t think the Cardinals are playoff contenders after the Ram’s game. But they are next year already. Not a super fan of the defensive coaching. But that might be the talent level more then coaches decision making. Special teams is a problem. I’m sorry the coach has to pay.

47. By Dr. G. on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

My eyes are blurry from reading all the “”what if”” trade propositions…some are well thought out. But, one suggesting Mathieu + a pick for Garropolo is open to a dice roll hoping to roll a 7 coming out. How does anyone know that he is clearly better than Gabbert?

OK, stop! I know Garropolo showed well when Brady was out for 5 or 6 games, but can you really say that Gabbert won’t bloom with some decent development like Garropolo has from,the Pats? Plus, with his anemic showing and injury history, Badger is not a good commodity for trade! Pats will not trade a decent insurance policy anyway…not to happen. And Gabbert’s physical//mental attributes are far beyond average.

I do appreciate the Fans’ wishes to produce a consistent winner, however. I must place this situation in MBidwill’s domain at this point…not convinced BA is the man anymore, and SK is just really unlucky or needs radical new thinking…these men are tethered…both stay or both exit.

As jtdg, Mitch, Scott, etc. keep harping about…we need some serious changes, both FO, drafting quality vs trading down for more that just sit, and coaching that produce a “”team mentality”” that look like a prideful, cohesive group… Fans have good reasons to gripe and suggest things…we all want a winner.

48. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Joe C,

” I don’t think the Cardinals are playoff contenders after the Ram’s game. But they are next year already.”

Please explain.

I’m not arguing, I just don’t know how you could think they are playoff contenders next year without an offseason.

Are they playoff contenders if Fitz and Palmer walk? Are they playoff contenders if they don’t resign Boone and release Veldheer and Iupati and sign no one?

Isn’t there a lot of things that has to happen to make them playoff contenders in 2018?

49. By Scott H on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

RE: trades

At this moment, the ONLY two players I would object to trading are Fitz and David Johnson. Those two guys. That’s it. Everyone else is on my trading block.

With Fitz, I just can’t bear the idea of seeing him in another uniform. And as Darren has pointed out, even the great Larry Fitzgerald has very little trade value right now. So….why trade the all-time face of the franchise player when you’d basically be giving him away for nothing?

DJ is simply un-touchable. Period. No discussion necessary.

Beyond that….well, because I have basically embraced the philosophy of tear-it-down-to-the-ground to re-build it, I have no problem parting ways with anyone else – as long as you’re getting true value in return. When you need to re-build, you need youth and you need draft picks. And, yeah, you need to have a GM that knows how to direct the process and I question if we have that guy at this point, but…..that’s another story.

Peterson? OK. Is he still going to be one of the top 2 or 3 CB’s in the league when this team is on the way up again? Ultimately un-known. But I say doubtful. But if you ARE going to trade him…..his value is as high right now as it ever will be, so make it count.

Honey Badger? It’s just been too long since we’ve seen the REAL Honey Badger. Maybe he’s just not there anymore. I say get what you can for him while his value might still be high.

Even Chandler Jones. I’ll put it this way – would I take a center or LT that is the exact equivalent of Chandler Jones over Chandler Jones right now? You’re damn right I would.

I’m looking at how Dallas re-built itself by building that O-line and I’m totally down with that approach. And heck, with that in mind, maybe Humphries is a guy you have to keep IF you really think he can be a building block. Not sure if he is, but….

I’m already in re-building mode and I believe the rebuilding needs to start with the O and D lines. And all we need is pretty much everything. So…..this is one fan who is not gonna be mad if we start making some trades now for getting the pieces we need to start making it better. What are we holding onto at this point?

50. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Best trades the last two years;

1. The Texans had signed Osweiler but that did not work. They had a great defense but lacked a QB. They traded their #1 pick, and next years #1 to the Browns for Deshaun Watson

Debo Sweeney said passing on Watson would be like passing on Michael Jordan.
    With 1700 yards and 19 TDs and 103 QB rating with another 270 and 2 tds running, Debo might have been right.

2. The Eagles had Bradford, which seemed good enough. But they decided to trade;
    The 8th overall pick in 2016
    A third and 4th in 2016
    A first in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018.

Carson Wentz is leading the 7-1 Eagles with a 102 QB rating , 19 Tds , and 2000 yards with only 5 picks.

I think in 2018, the cards need to trade up with the Browns.

51. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Dr G

I’ll take Garappolo a step further.

He was outstanding in the game and half he played. But in his second start , he got hurt.

Let me remind everyone of a QB similar to this who the cards brought in named Kevin Kolb.

With 2 starts in his life in the NFL and one he gets injured, uhm, stay away.

52. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Darren’s tweet;
    Dave McGinnis used to describe some players has having a “little juju” in them. Smith-Schuster is literally a tangible example.

JuJu is the first to have 4 TDs before turning 21. His 190+ yards yesterday suggest this guy is really good.

Now, If only there was someone who repeatedly begged the cards to draft JuJu in this past draft. You know, like just about every day. Hmmm.

53. By D on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

There is a reason why AZ drafted Buddha at Safety. Extend T. BRanch who is having a good year. Dangle the Honey Badger out there for a pick. I may even see if any team would want Veldhere as a left tackle for some compenation. AZ won’t be able to draft the top 2 QBS in this upcoming draft do to SF anD the Browns. Need to start working on next year’s team now. If BA returns then the rebuild won’t happen and the misery will continue. I would okay with J.McDaniels and J. GRAPOLLO for next year.

54. By Dr. G. on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

jtdg…yeah, no on Garropolo…I wan to see Gabbert get coached properly.

ScottH… CJones needs to be on your untouchable list…! Can you really compare your best D player to a good LT or Center…? Jones is “”the key piece”” on D to build around…lest he would not get the big $$$… SK finally got one right. That would leave a big hole.

I’ll chance saying in agreement that PP could be a good exchange for the right pick and/or pieces…since most think his value looks good to many. Do it!

There are some we need to keep like Marcus and Brittan Golden, among others that can be a keeper core…the $$$ is a huge factor for these type guys…not a lot for their potenntial…be well

55. By Dr. G. on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

D…Yeah… dangle, dingle, dongle the Badger for what? With 2 ACLs and marginal performance, even a 4th would be good to clear the cash he gets…not one of SKs best deals in the middle of surgery!

What do you think we could get?

56. By erik on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Why would you want JuJu when we have the future Chad Williams to look forward to?!?!?! You probably didn’t even know he existed. Show’s how much you know!

Even though Nkemdiche all but sat out his first year, we all knew what a beast he would be in year two. I’m sure the same thing will happen with Chad Williams…

Darren, how do we use sarcasm font on this page?

57. By Scott H on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Dr.G.

I hear you. And I think Jones is a tough call. But there is a case to be made either way. And top notch centers and LT’s DO NOT grow on trees. But they are the anchors of your offensive line and those are the guys who are protecting your most valuable asset – your QB. So, those are my priorities. Therefore, I would rather have one of those guys ( and again, I said a center or a LT who would be the direct equivalent to Jones, talent-wise ) than Chandler Jones right now.

I’m absolutely NOT trading Jones for anything less than stud player value in return.

No, top notch pass rushers don’t grow on trees, either, but….hey, we traded for Jones last year, then Markus Golden ended up with more sacks than he did. I just think that you have a defense with multiple guys who can get pressure ( um….like we did last year ), the pressure and the sacks will be there. But as we are painfully seeing, you can’t just put five guys on an offensive line and have it work. For a truly good O-line, you need a few studs and there can’t really be any weak links.

But I do understand your view. And I won’t say I disagree. I just have a different priority chart.

As for that would leave a big hole…..well, no, you wouldn’t just be creating a hole, you would be filling one hole at the expense of another. Again, all about priorities.

And the fact is, after this year, we have big holes all over the place, so…..

But keep in mind, sir, that IF we are going to re-building, the massive money we just gave Jones isn’t going to help – it is going to be a barrier. Might that money that we’re giving to ONE player be better spent among a couple / few players who might fill multiple positions?

Chandler Jones is a player you trade for when you are where the Cardinals were at the end of the 2015 season – seemingly right on the verge. They did the right thing for where they were at that time. But it has very quickly caved in on them. He has very quickly become ( IMHO, anyway ) the player you look at now, with the trade deadline coming up, as a guy a contender should trade FOR and a re-building team should try to cash in so they CAN re-build.

Just my two cents…..certainly no complaints from me if Jones stays right here.

58. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

erik,

Does it help to know that Nkemdiche was a beast in camp?
    If football was played in June, he would be an all pro.

Chad Williams is the next Nkemdiche?
    I can’t wait to see him tear up the pre-season next year.

59. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Dr G and D,

At this point, I would give a 5th round pick and Badger for a 7th rounder, just to clear out the cap.

Trading him in 2017 is smart if you can. He is 8 million on the cap but a trade would cost us 13 million (5 million more) .

But that would free up 14 million in cap space in 2018.

If you traded Veldheer to seattle for anything, you would actually save 3.5 million this year and 10 million of cap space next year.

Those two trades would give you 24 million of cap space to work with.
    Then releasing Iupati would give you another 6 million. or 30 million added to the 26 million they have.

With 56 million, (Palmer would save another 14 million), or 70 million, you could remake this team, by finding Olineman, another CB, Dline, and trade up everything to get your QB.

My question to you Darren,

if a contract is guaranteed, as is for badger, for say 40 million. If traded and the cards pay all bonuses and total 26 million. Does the other team assume the 14 million of guarantees and must keep him till those are paid or is that something that stays with the original team?

60. By Darren Urban on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

JTDG —

RE: Contracts

If a contract is guaranteed, the money due by the time of the trade is paid by the first team. If you are traded, the new team accepts the contract as is (unless the player wants to re-do it.)

So for instance, a player is due a $5 million roster bonus on March 5, and then a $5M roster bonus at the completion of camp plus a guaranteed salary of $10M. The player is dealt March 22. The first team paid the $5M roster bonus. That team is out the money and it must be accounted for on the salary cap (plus whatever other dead money there might be.) The new team, assuming they keep the player, must pay out everything else going forward.

61. By Joe C. on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

JTDG-Obviously they can screw it up! But given the pieces they have they are a playoff contender given they take care of business in an average manner. As a comparison, would you say the Browns or 49’rs are playoff contenders next year? The Cards have excellent LB’s and DB’s. Good d-line. Excellent RB and some good pieces on the 0-line. Potential very good WRs. They need o-line and QB for sure.

62. By erik on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

-Joe C

The Cardinals arguably have the worst D-Line in all of Football. They have 1 excellent DB. I love the Cards and hope they can right the ship for next year, but they do not have near the talent needed, as of today, to make that happen.

63. By Scott H on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

And as we talk about re-building, the Seahawks add another piece by trading for an O-lineman. They have a weakness, they address it. Period.

I hate the Seahawks. Really, I do. But I admire their ability to continually RE-LOAD without ever going down for a few years. They KEEP their key players ( really, doesn’t it seem like the members of the Legion Of Boom have been there forever??? ), they draft well, and they add players via FA / trades where they need them. It works like a charm. They get it right every friggin year.

Meanwhile, we sit dead in the water.

The Cardinals fall out of the picture in the NFC West and the Rams move up to take our place. Yet, the Seahawks don’t go anywhere. They stay right there at the top.

The Seahawks are on their way to another season as a top one or two seed in the NFC ( pretty ho-hum for them ) and the Cardinals might be lucky to beat the 0-7 49ers this week. Um….

I’m thinking it might be time to start stealing some pages from some other organization’s playbooks.

64. By NJAzCardsFan on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Can someone explain how Jonathan Cooper is a bust for Az and the Pats…???
    Then ends up starting for the Cowboys???????????

Is it the coaching….???

65. By aschatte on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

49ers acquired Garropolo in a trade with Patriots, Hawks acquired OL – Do you see the similarity here? both teams doing what it can to fill their needs. And I respect both teams arguably then I do the Cardinals at this point. And the notion that this management and organization does something to fill its needs laughable. Seriously what has this team done this season to build its roster???? Fans in this organization are more concerned about standing to the national anthem and not trading Larry! … But winning is secondary! ….`15 years of life supported this dumpster fire organization, brought season tickets hoping it could win a SB and not be laughing stock in the NFL. But nevermind – I do hope Garopollo starts for the 49ers next Sunday so I can see him turn the AZ defense in rabble that it has become this offseason. But more so would welcome the sight of big man Calais Campbell, hope to be at the game and cheer the big man on!

66. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Scott H,

Who are the top 3 teams in the NFC ? Arguably the Rams , Seahawks, and Eagles.

What one thing do they have in common ? Young, mobile QBs, pretty good defenses.

What are two things the cards are missing? Yep, you guest it.

After the way Russell Wilson played Sunday, the Seahawks are back as one of the top dogs in the NFC.

67. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Joe C,

Without a QB in today’s NFL, you are never a contender.

The cards either bring Palmer back and protect him or draft a rookie and start over in 2018.

68. By JTDG on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Well guys

Jimmy Garrapolo to the Niners for a 2nd rounder.

69. By Scott H on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

And for those who have been clamoring for a trade for Jimmy G, forget it. The 49ers just made that trade. Not saying that makes them better or solves their problems but it is a FORWARD-thinking move, an investment in their future.

Meanwhile, we’re helping Phil Dawson keep his streak of consecutive games with at least one missed FG alive, we’re trading to rent AP for the rest of the year, and we’ve got 38-year old Tramon Williams taking over at CB for a guy that our own HC called a failure in progress. Oh, and we’re rolling with a QB who’s not going to be here next year for the rest of the season.

Who would you say is heading in the right direction ( or at least TRYING to )?

Ya know what? If you’re not gonna take a look at Blaine Gabbert, then trade him. Seriously. He may as well do SOME good for this team.

70. By Joe Cardea on Oct 30, 2017 | Reply

Gentlemen (and Classy) you gotta hope, you gotta hope. The Cards need to do something at QB. But the rest is fixable.

71. By Jon on Oct 31, 2017 | Reply

Watching Wilson and Watson both play like total studs on Sunday was just a painful reminder of how badly we have botched our drafts season after season by missing on QB’s. We should be taking one every year until we hit. Make the trade, take the chances, get it done. No excuses.

Instead, we got Logan Thomas in five years of drafting. One QB. Logan Thomas in the fourth round 2014.

Say what you want about individual drafts, “following your board”, “just misses”, etc. Bottom line there is just no excuse for it that measures up.

The last quarterback we drafted above round four was Matt Leinart. That makes no sense at all.

Its inexcusable incompetence and accountability is hopefully coming sson

72. By Scott H on Oct 31, 2017 | Reply

NJCardsFan –

RE: Is it the coaching?

One wonders…..

73. By Scott H on Oct 31, 2017 | Reply

JTDG –

I beat ya to it this time. I spoke to that exact point, specifically in regard to the Eagles and Rams, very recently. Yup, a good / young / mobile / smart QB and a good defense. Does that combo ever fail?

And we seem to be lacking both right now.

Hmmmm…..isn’t that the GM’s job? I swear, as much as I’m harping on the need to re-build right now, I seriously doubt we have a GM that really knows how to orchestrate that process.

74. By clssylssy on Oct 31, 2017 | Reply

I can deal with losing if the all-out effort is there but quitting is totally another matter, and taking a dive is COMPLETELY off my radar and insults my integrity.
    A competent GM would be on top of where they are with contracts expiring, extensions needing consideration, roster weaknesses, and issues with managing the Cap. The Cards knew going into last year we would potentially be losing some very critical pieces on defense and so some tough decisions would need to be made. We already had a few existing areas of weakness that would need to be addressed so to let key players walk without replacing them with players of equal or better skill was negligent to say the least. The last time this franchise payed 60M for a player who was unproven, it turned out badly (Kolb) but Calais wasn’t unproven, Keim has made some VERY bad decisions about where to put money including Badger’s contract, Greshem’s contract,and not renegotiating some others so we could keep Swearinger and Jefferson or at the very least bringing back Dwight Freeney (easy/cheap) help. The only reason we were lucky enough to get Peterson was the Saint’s willingness to part ways with him–no big effort on Keim’s part and too little too late. So, “hyperbole” ? Whatever…I don’t think so , but incompetence works too. In most settings, incompetence is a legitimate reason for termination.
    You seem to think that respect is based solely on wins and losses; I still contend it’s how you play the game as much as winning all the time, but of course everyone loves to win. The fact is this is the entertainment industry and people want to watch football that is entertaining and they also want to have hope that a win is possible. The Cardinals have been a FUN team to watch in the last decade but something happened last season and we reverted back to our place in the No Fun League. My frustration comes from an Organization who has gone out of their way to promise (irrational marketing) a Superbowl win and marketing hope for the sake of profiting and then renegging on their end of their commitment by not providing the best players and coaches to make that happen. ‘
    As I look around the NFC West, it’s hard to see that we’ve fallen so far in such a short time…”From the Penthouse to the ____house”…that rough ride BA talked about, and with the same cast of characters!
    As I look around the NFC West, EVERYBODY else is making an effort to get better doing whatever it takes. There is hope amongst the fans because they can feel the change taking place. I admire Seattle for turning that franchise around COMPLETELY and sparking a fan movement that puts older franchises like the Cowboys and the Broncos to shame and gained the respect of the entire NFL. We could have done that too but we just didn’t have the ???vision???desire???mentality??? Now they have gone out and worked at fixing their 0-line. What have the Cardinals done in all this time?
    Happy for Calais, that was a good move. Very sad for Larry Fitzgerald, who deserved so much better!