Fitz, Pat P and some rose petals

Posted by Darren Urban on November 2, 2017 – 8:29 pm

It’s something Patrick Peterson tried to do earlier in the season to no avail. So he waited for another chance. Thursdays, both he and Larry Fitzgerald talk to the media. Peterson just stands in front of his locker. Fitzgerald usually sits down, but he always has everyone waiting for him — there are times when Fitz doesn’t get in there until late in the media availability.

Fitzgerald came in Thursday about midway through the interview time. Peterson was waiting for him, dropping rose petals at his feet as Fitz walked to his chair, calling him “Prince Geoffrey.” Fitz could only smile and shake his head. “I don’t know what that’s for,” Fitzgerald said. “I’m wondering who’s going to pick this stuff up, though.”

No worries on the clean-up. Peterson makes a mess, he’ll be there to clean it up. Seeing him vacuum the petals up was almost as good as the original joke, as Fitz yelled out “he’s a lockdown, clean-up corner.”

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “Fitz, Pat P and some rose petals”

1. By Rick on Nov 3, 2017 | Reply

2 of our best right there having fun thats what its all about. Don’t forget to win this Sunday fellas!

2. By Scott H on Nov 3, 2017 | Reply

I’m glad to see they keep their sense of humor.

3. By Adam Smith b1723 fka DTL on Nov 3, 2017 | Reply

Must win at 49ers. Get a pick or two, couple sacks, might get momentum for Thursday night. Our D can stop SEA, If cant get to 5-4 in next 6 days…guess we’ll see…

4. By Scott H on Nov 3, 2017 | Reply

Man…..I might rant about the team / coaches / GM when things aren’t going well. But I’m really glad I haven’t become such a miserable SOB that I’m giving thumbs down’s to posts that merely express being glad the players are keeping their senses of humor, are still having fun, etc.

Honestly, WHAT is wrong with people??? Folks, you’ve got bigger problems than football if that is where you are in life.

5. By Darren Urban on Nov 3, 2017 | Reply

Scott H —

RE: “senses of humor”

Welcome to my world.

6. By Scott H on Nov 3, 2017 | Reply

Darren –

Hey, I’m always here for ya, bro! I want to thank you for this blog because it is quite simply one of the most enjoyable things I have seen in a long time. I AM glad that these guys are still loose and able to be silly and have fun in the locker room. I LOVE the video of PP using the vacumn cleaner!

You KNOW how cranky I’ve been lately. So, if I can lighten up and enjoy something like this….well, you fill in the rest.

I am very sad to see that Fitz may be going out on what is already a disappointing season. I’m sure he wanted better for himself, for the team, for the fans. But I would feel worse if I saw it getting to him, ya know? I don’t want it to get to him. So when I see something like this, I feel better because I see that it is not getting to him. And it shouldn’t. He’s had too great a career for that.

So, thank you again for this little glimpse behind the scenes that lets us know that these guys are OK.

Now…..if THIS post gets thumbs downs…..will you understand why I think that whole thing is so utterly ridiculous??

7. By Jonathan on Nov 3, 2017 | Reply

Hey look, Cards Cribs!

8. By Dr. G. on Nov 3, 2017 | Reply

Scott//Darren… Fitz is the ultimate pro…I’m sure he looks forward optimistically. If he had a serious bummer moment, it had to be back in ’99 Super Bowl when Santonio Holmes did his thing right after Fitz ran for a TD to take the lead thinking the game was in the bag. That one hurt everyone.

I read this item to be all about the guy with the vacuum, and little about Fitz as he did the SMH response…Fitz requires no pub…it comes naturally.

My business card says, “”What is life without humor & imagination?”” This plan just didn’t appear funny to me…but a good gesture to respect Fitz.

For some reason I can’t explain… really looking forward to the 9er game…it is important for myriad reasons//conclusions …be well

9. By Dr. G. on Nov 3, 2017 | Reply

Correction- Surely, everyone knows I intended the Super Bowl after the 2008 season…our one and only. Watching Fitz run to take the lead was exhilarating…and then the impossible happened….👎 👽

10. By Rod on Nov 4, 2017 | Reply

They are joking with each other but something seemed serious about it.