Watching Larry Fitzgerald’s “Football Life”

Posted by Darren Urban on November 8, 2017 – 9:11 am

Larry Fitzgerald’s “A Football Life” episode got its start when the Cardinals did “All or Nothing.” One of the producers who was constantly at the facility in 2015 — Steve Trout — was constantly trying to get Fitzgerald to be a bigger part of the “All or Nothing” series. (If you recall, while Fitz was featured a lot in game action, he did very little off-field talking.)

“I was a bit uncomfortable with it,” Fitzgerald said. “It’s weird talking about yourself in a team setting. If I was Michael Phelps, Tiger Woods, playing an individual sport, predicated on my success to go out and win, that would be different. This a team game.”

Trout stayed with it, however, and the “Football Life” project blossomed. Here’s a look at the trailer.

“Twenty years from now, when you look back, it’ll be nice to have,” Fitzgerald said. “My children are in there and I have some people I really respect were part of it. I got to watch it a couple weeks ago and it was really, really well done.”

The episode will premier this Friday night (Nov. 10) on NFL Network at 7 p.m. Arizona time. (I expect the video to be available for us to post on azcardinals.com sometime this weekend as well.)

Tags:

9 Responses to “Watching Larry Fitzgerald’s “Football Life””

1. By Eric G on Nov 8, 2017 | Reply

11 = 1arry 1egend.

In a lifetime of hurt and misery of rooting for this team, Larry has always been one of the bright spots. He will be in the hall of fame, just wish he had a ring. His is the only current Cardinals jersey I own. (I don’t really wear them anymore). I hope that this isn’t his last year, but I fear that it is if we don’t have a good qb at center next year. I hope Palmer retires and we have a good qb, whether it is Gabbert, Stanton or someone else.

2. By CARDS62 on Nov 8, 2017 | Reply

Must watch TV. Finally something to cheer about watching this year.

3. By Scott H on Nov 8, 2017 | Reply

Thank you, Larry.

Are you listening, Karlos Dansby?

This is a team game.

4. By Scott H on Nov 8, 2017 | Reply

I expect this episode will be tremendous. What Larry has done on the field is so well known to Cardinals fans. And many others as well due to fantasy football. But he is such a private guy, I really find myself looking forward to whatever this program may offer in regard to Larry away from the field.

These Football Life programs are so well done. The episodes for Kurt and BA and Pat Tillman that have been done recently have been great but I am looking forward to this one like no other.

5. By jeffcardinalfan on Nov 8, 2017 | Reply

larry is simply the epitome of how a professional athlete should act-both off and on the field. i wonder how much influence he’s having on chad williams? one thing that hit me after watching the last chiefs game is that our burners-jj and jb-are fast but dont haves moves like tyreek hill.

6. By SCarolinacard on Nov 8, 2017 | Reply

He just keeps playing regardless of team record or what’s on the scoreboard. Gotta love it!

7. By JTDG on Nov 8, 2017 | Reply

jeffcardinalfan

I don’t know if anyone has moves like Tyreek Hill.

8. By Eric G on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

@JTDG,

Hope not, Tyreek is a woman beater.

9. By 70s Cardfan on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

I like David Johnsons comment about ever seeing him drop a ball. ” Not even in practice” While guys like Beckham,Cooper,Bryant, & the rest of the media darlings have more drops in one game than Fitz has in a whole season.