Health makes for ordinary Cards inactives

Posted by Darren Urban on November 9, 2017 – 5:00 pm

Bruce Arians said Wednesday everyone on the active roster would be available for tonight’s game against the Seahawks, and because of that, the Cardinals have all their crucial pieces in place. The only questionable player who normally plays was wide receiver Brittan Golden, and he is active for the game.

For the Seahawks, safety Earl Thomas (hamstring), who was listed as doubtful, will not play.

The Cardinals’ full inactive list:

— WR Chad Williams

— RB D.J. Foster

— LB Bryson Albright

— OL Will Holden

— C Max Tuerk

— TE Ricky Seals-Jones

— DL Xavier Williams

Tags: , ,

21 Responses to “Health makes for ordinary Cards inactives”

1. By joe holst on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

anyone notice Jonathon Cooper is playing really well in Dallas.

2. By Dr. G. on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

Those awful Seattle uni’s hurt my eyes…gotta get my sun glasses…

AD turns the ball over, but we are OK on “”D”” …just lost some good field position…liking the start…AD will make up for his faux pas…

…gotta get Fitz involved…and keep Wilson on the bench…

3. By georgiebird on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

Besides NOTHING- what was Shipley doing on the Safety

4. By Scott H on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

All I can say about our ST’s is WTF????

Just saw Williams field a punt at the 2 yard line and our ST’s ace, Justin Bethel, has already killed us with two penalties. Which, BTW, just resulted in a safety.

Way to go, guys. Special teams KILLING us again. WHY DOES AMOS JONES STILL HAVE HIS DAMN JOB????????????????????????? THIS IS A DAMN OUTRAGE!

But that is what this organization tolerates. What a joke.

5. By georgiebird on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

Thru the 1st half- I think the experiment with John Brown and JJ Nelson should come to an end. Neither guy is a big time player. Tough catches are out of the question.

6. By georgiebird on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

I’ll take Anquan Boldin back right now- he plays every down every game. The Cards have guys who get injured if someone touches them.

7. By Eric G on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

Has BA ever heard of play action pass? Not once has he run it. Seems like a great play call since the hawks are putting 8 in the box.

I’m sick of no risk it, no biscuit. Worthless plan when your completion percentage is so low.

Why do we have a kicker that apparently can’t kick a 55 yard fg? Dawson is worthless.

8. By georgiebird on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

SO SAD !!
    Seattle beating us with an awful OL

9. By Vinny on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

The Cardinals uniforms look really great tonight. But they (and the traditional alterior black uniforms) would look even better if the helmets were black to match the rest of the uniform.

10. By Dr. G. on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

OK…Now? Now, can we see Gabbert next week? Stanton is tough, but his accuracy on many of the open receivers yields no hope for progress . Now, we also need to observe that our Wide outs were simply marginal except for Fitz.

The OLine wasn’t much help…Stanton needs more time with a slower release…and some risky throws. Usain Bolt couldn’t get to some of those overthrows…ugh…on to next week to see what changes hopefully will bw made…

Regretfully, we mut acknowledge the #1 or 2 Defense in the league…

11. By dynosoar on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

I didn’t know a time out could be called prior to a kickoff.

I don’t like being negative, it’s not who I am. I believe in having a sureness of success while at the same time facing the brutal facts. I feel I strike that balance in most of my posts.

Sureness of success: I’ve seen other teams turn things around with similar records. We have incredible and talented people on our roster and coaching staff. We have the talent even with Drew Stanton at QB to go all the way to the Super Bowl and win it.

Brutal Facts: We’re not winning. Everyone is dropping the ball (literally.) Even Larry dropped some tonight and that catch Sherman broke up with him and Fitzgerald in the endzone, Larry catches those passes. I don’t know what’s happening to our team, but it’s not all on Drew, our players are dropping the ball or fumbling.

While I believe we can win the Super Bowl this year, I don’t believe we will Unless the players really pull together. Now that would be a Football Life story.

12. By Corgon on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

Bethea’s mistake was huge. That and not catching the ball costed us the game. You have to catch the football. It’s that simple. Stanton was way better than I expected.

13. By TucsonTim on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

I’ve sold my season tickets. I’m not supporting Arian’s stupid football , players like Bethal, and I’m not going to pay to see Stanton miss throws that high school quarterbacks could make.

I’ve come back here for a question and a comment:

Darren are you still an Amos Jones apologist? Bethal mugs the gunners over and over, KW fields a punt on the 2, a blocked extra point….it never ends and it never will

BA listen to a HOF coach tell you how stupid you were at the end of the half to kill your team’s chance to stay in the game.

14. By Kevin S Mesa on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

We should simply fair catch every punt or let it bounce and hope it goes in the end zone. We end up with more penalty yards than return yards on punts.

When you have horrible ST’s who have never once allowed you to break one open, and who get called for penalties on half the plays, why in the world would you field a punt on the 2?

Stanton’s stat line looks predictably awful. Granted, his receivers didn’t help, but neither did Stanton himself, sailing balls several times to open guys.

With the clock running and needing two touchdowns, we sure were taking our time getting the next play off on the drive with 5-7 minutes to go. Several plays we snapped with only a couple seconds on the play clock. I realize we didn’t score there, but maybe if we’d hurried up a bit, we could’ve scored the later TD with a couple minutes instead of 20 seconds and then had a chance to try to force a 3-and-out instead of our only hope being an onside kick. Considering the Hawks had no Sherman at that point (and no Thomas the whole game), we seemed to pack it in a bit early.

Can’t fault the D that game — forced many 3-and-outs that our O then did nothing with. After deferring (!) for the first time in the Arians era, we got the ball near midfield after forcing an immediate punt, and then fumbled on the first play. And by going for it on 4th and 9 — a dubious proposition most of the time, but certainly against a tough D with your inaccurate QB — we gave the Hawks good field position and a chance to get a FG before the half. Punt there, and we go in down 5 instead of 8. Of course, if Ellington simply completes a catch while going to the ground, we go in 12-10 (or possibly even ahead) instead of 15-7.

Kinda wussy for the “no risk it, no biscuit” coach to NOT go for it on 4th and 2 late in the 3rd on the opponent’s 41. We were hardly ever in a position to score — I think you have to go for it there.

15. By JQ on Nov 9, 2017 | Reply

WHEN IS THIS TEAM GONNA STOP LETTING US DOWN ? WE NEED CHANGE NOW OR ELSE !!!

16. By CARDS62 on Nov 10, 2017 | Reply

Scott H and Georgiebird I could not agree with you two any more.

Game is tied 7-7 and our defense has just held again and forced a punt. Every punt returner is taught from college on that you set up on x yard line and if the ball goes past that yard line you let the ball hit and go into the end zone, but not our guy, Williams he goes back and fields the ball on the two and goes nowhere and with Bethel penalty ball is on the one. I have already cut Williams, but how can you not cut him now? Stupid Football you just can not win with stupid football!

It gets better of course as up to this point we have not been able to run the ball and AP has already fumbled once, but instead of a qb sneak to get us some room we line up with AP 7 yards deep and once again call a 1st down run. Could anyone predict the play call and the result?

Our skilled players on offense besides Fitz and Stanton played like a bunch of frighten rabbits. It was really something to watch Georgiebird as you could tell none of them wanted any part of contact from Seattles defense. They can get rid of every tight end and wide receiver and running back on our team besides Fitz, David Johnson, AP, and the rookie Logan and I will be happy. Wow it was really disgusting watching those positions play tonight.

Have not been a Stanton fan for years and I will not argue with any of you that he missed several passes, but I have to give Drew credit for being one tough dude to stay in there all game hit after hit and keep trying to make plays with so many guys just playing not to get hurt.

Shame about Branch who has been a bright spot this year and Humphries who was looking strong in limited action this year. Wish you gentlemen a speedy recovery.

17. By aschatte on Nov 10, 2017 | Reply

@Scott H – You should be happy .. look you have no Thumbs down on your comment, I was expecting the so called Debunked Cardinal Fans on this site to give you a thumbs down. But hey, the night is young!

Well, I will say my peace, In Dec this year I will be officially moving to South California after living 18 years in AZ..Fond memories but by wife is from LA and she is a die hard Rams fans which makes me Rams fan as well by Proxy. I cherish my marriage more than I would cherish this organization and if I have to be so called Bandwagon Rams fan so be it, at least its an organization that saw its weaknesses and did what it needed to become a force in the NFC West for years to come. I have supported this team since Jake Plummer held the reigns with Dave McGinnis and Tobin were the coaches and breaks my heart every year to see mediocrity except for 2008-09 season when this team shocked the world. Bless Kurt warner for making this team believe in themselves and teach them the meaning of winning!

Truthfully, I may move to southern California but my heart will be with the Cards but I can no longer support this garbage management and owners anymore. I look at he Seahawks and it makes me feel shorter to know how Paul Allen changed this organization for the better and look at them today….They are force to reckon not just 1 miserly year but every year.

We just dont seem to have a culture of winning since this franchise moved to AZ and the Bidwells have a lot to do with it. I just dont this organization winning a SB under this management or for that matter this ownership …Maybe its time to think about selling this organization to someone like Jeff Bezos, maybe he has interest to own a Franchise NFL organization, Maybe Phoenix is the next stop for the bigger investments for Amazon and maybe it will start with the realignment and rem-imagining of this franchise which has been utter garbage for so long that people are nonchalantly used to the status quo. I for one, think its time to move on.

Granted injuries have decimated us, but this has been the case since every season now for the past few years. Either they players in this organization are made of glass or things like strengthening and conditioning are not well coached…well coaching is a whole different issue as usual with this organization.

I am clearly frustrated but when Palmer went down it was the end of the season. Now, will this organization understand that and do the needful by playing 2nd and third string players so we dont get more players injured. Its time to think about trading some of our marquee players and build this organization for the future but unfortunately that will never happen. You know why, cause WE ARE HAPPY WITH THE STATUS QUO OF THIS ORGANIZATION. Not only we need a better management, better coaches, a better owner but more importantly knowledgeable and better fans, not the naive ones that I keep seeing!

Well, I am going to enjoy every game for the rest of the season that Larry is involved in – I have seen this man grow from 2004 and I want to be there till the end he is a Cardinal. But, I do hope HE PLAYS FOR ANOTHER TEAM NEXT YEAR, and HOPEFULLY MAY IT BE THE PATRIOTS, MAYBE even the RAMS! I dont care anyone says anymore, but if you cannot see this man win a SB than you are not DAMNED fan, PERIOD! It wont happen in AZ and that is reality!

Best of Luck to this organization!

18. By Scott H on Nov 10, 2017 | Reply

JG –

RE: Answer to your question

Maybe when they start holding people accountable ( for once ) and stop tolerating poor performances from players AND coaches.

It ain’t any more complicated than that.

Well, and better personnel management. But that is controlled by the same guy who holds nobody accountable, so…..we might as well not bother hoping for that.

19. By clssylssy on Nov 10, 2017 | Reply

@aschette…
    GREAT comment, you hit the nail on the head! I feel the same way (except for the Rams)& suspect others do too. I’ve been trying to hang in as long as Larry does but, am too old to settle for watching bush league performances b/c of some misconcieved idea that mediocrity is acceptable & being good is something negative & equivlent to being narcissistic.
    Good Luck in California w the Rams; hopefully in a few years they’ll manage to rid themselves of the Greg Willliams stench. I liked them in St Louis under Dick Vermeil.

20. By dkerry5242 on Nov 10, 2017 | Reply

Tucson Tim…..BA is stubborn and bullheaded, maybe that’s why he never had a head coaching job until Arizona. The boneheaded play by Williams to field that punt at the 2 is inexcusable. We have to start cutting and not draft stupid players/people.

21. By Plum Spring Clinic on Nov 13, 2017 | Reply

Gotta make sure your players are in tip-top health in order to perform well.