Injuries undercut Cardinals’ WR choices

Posted by Darren Urban on November 26, 2017 – 12:56 pm

John Brown (toe) had already been ruled out, and the Cardinals will also be without Brittan Golden (groin) for today’s game against the Jaguars, making the struggling receiving corps that much thinner. Chad Williams not only will get his first significant playing time of the year, he will be needed. Special teams also takes a hit with Golden and safety Rudy Ford out — Ford hurt his knee in practice Thursday.

The Jaguars are going to have cornerback Jalen Ramsey, who hurt his hand in practice this week.

The full Cardinals’ inactive list:

— QB Matt Barkley

— WR Brittan Golden (groin)

— WR John Brown (toe)

— WR Calrton Agudosi

— S Rudy Ford (knee)

— C Max Tuerk

— DL Corey Peters (ankle)

Tags: , , ,

12 Responses to “Injuries undercut Cardinals’ WR choices”

1. By georgiebird on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

Injuries cut WR choices:
    Choices undercut- but will anyone know these guys are missing ?
    I like Britt on STs but he’s not a part of our passing game. And John Brown sitting out might be a plus.

2. By Scott H on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

Wait, special teams also takes a hit…..you mean, they can actually play worse than they have??? I’m not sure that is even possible. Hate to say it but I don’t even bother paying attention to how injuries may affect the ST’s. They have been so consistently bad, I’ve just kinda tuned it out. Sad, but…..hey, not much I can do about that from my couch. Special teams have been bad here for years at this point. If it doesn’t matter enough to the organization to make changes to address that, then why am I bothering to worry about it. Haven’t had a good, solid punter since Zastudil. Haven’t had a good, solid kicker since…..my God, I’m tempted to say Jay Feeley. Haven’t had a dangerous return man since the one amazing year Peterson had doing it. Coverage units have sucked. So….when the F/O decides they’ve had enough and they need to make changes, let me know. Lord knows, we ain’t gonna be in the playoffs, so they SHOULD be able to get to work on the future of this team real soon.

We have been reminded just about every week how much DJ means to this offense. But I wonder…..he was our 2nd leading receiver last year…..so, does that mean he is just that GOOD or was that somehow a function how bad our WR’s have become? DISCLAIMER – not including Fitzgerald, or course. DJ’s absence seems to have shone some light on that.

3. By Dr. G. on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

Almost a pick…Gresham didn’t finish his route…not Gabbert’s fault. He looks like the real deal so far… As I posted prior…O-Line and STs are the main issue in this game for me… Great start 1st qtr… Good twitter stuff Darren…

4. By Dr. G. on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

11:30 2nd qtr….3rd down & 5… PP21 gave up on a tackle behind the line to get the stop…he had him…announcers weren’t kind to him…. Could have been a huge play! What’s up with PP? Ugh!

Gabbert//receivers look good! We can win this gàme..even AD is more effective, Fitz blocking for him…Guts!

5. By CARDS62 on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

Much more to write later but right now my anger is all on the officials. These clowns are the worse. Chandller could have hurt the qb but he barely touches him and they call roughing the passer, and then Jags obvious fumble and they say no fumble, then pass interference on us believe #57 for absolutely nothing, and then Jags LB nails our guy helmet to helmet and they call nothing, and then williams knee is down for us and they call fumble.

Get these clowns out of town or there is no reason to watch football and another fan made a great point about couple of horrible calls last week that help to cause us the game.

6. By Scott H on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

Well, the big man just got his big welcome home play. Good for him. Courtesy of a Gabbert fumble….

Not rushing to any judgements here but it seems like two weeks in a row, we saw Gabbert play well early, then it seemed to change ( and not for the better ) as the 2nd half wore on. More in-completions….more 3 and outs…..more turnovers…..it’s not encouraging.

Game hasn’t gotten away from us yet, so….let’s see if he can do anything about it. He’s not a rookie, so we SHOULD be able to expect him to right the ship. If he can, great. If he can’t ( and Blaine Gabbert turns out to be, well, Blaine Gabbert ), then I’d rather see it now.

7. By Scott H on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

OK, so we score, take the lead right back…..then, one 70-yard return and 3 offensive plays later, the Jags are scoring again. Hey, how ’bout them special teams and that defense?? How long did that take, about 37 seconds?

8. By Richard S on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

I seem to remember that the offense would be happy if they scored a point for every minute they had the ball. Well they came close today.

9. By Scott H on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

And after all that, Gabbert rights his ship and Phil Dawson / the ST’s get us a win with ( are you KIDDING me??? ) a 57-yard FG! Good golly, Miss Molly….

Who woulda’ thought Phil Dawson could hit from THAT far out??? This doesn’t make up for all the misses along the way but for today, I gotta give him a you-da-man, Phil. Holy cow….

Gabbert got it back together nicely late in this one and that was good to see. Good for him for getting a win against the team that gave up on him and good for him ( AND maybe for us ) going forward. He is the starter for the rest of the year, period. And, who knows, maybe beyond that. I’m already leaning toward being ready to be done with the Carson Palmer era. This team needs to move forward.

THIS was a good win for this team….and one that I didn’t see coming. Good for them. I do my share of griping but I do have a heart. This season may not be going anywhere but I always feel good when the players and coaches can put their heads on the pillow at night after a win.

Sleep well, fellas.

Good lord, I still can’t believe Dawson hit from 57 yards???? I swear….that game came on out here right after the Saints / Rams game ended and they were already lining up for the kick. I’m looking at where they are on the field and I’m thinking….are they serious????? Then he blasted it through. The longest FG of his career at 42 years old……damn, that is just awesome!! ( But that is the ONLY use of the word “awesome” I will allow myself to make in regard to our special teams ).

It was nice to see a celebration there at UoP. Been kinda bleak around here this season and last.

And I’m curious….from those that were there, how was the big man treated before / during the game?

10. By Coach K on Nov 26, 2017 | Reply

Gabbert is for real.

Keep Gabbert, draft a young QB and look to the future.

We will be fine.

11. By Dan on Nov 27, 2017 | Reply

When can we cut John Brown? The sooner the better.

12. By sbrown on Nov 27, 2017 | Reply

– Dan,
    no need to cut John Brown as he is a free agent at the end of this season. with his new injury of turf toe, I would be surprised if he plays in another game the rest of the season.