“Flight Plan” lands today

Posted by Darren Urban on February 14, 2018 – 10:09 am

The first episode of the Cardinals’ “Flight Plan” series comes out later today — 6 p.m. Arizona time, 8 p.m. eastern — on Facebook Watch. A reminder that you do not have to be registered to Facebook to watch the episodes. Just go to facebook.com/cardinalsflightplan and you should be able to see the videos. The episodes will also be available on azcardinals.com the day after they premiere on Facebook Watch.

The first three episodes are scheduled to post today, Feb. 28 and March 14.

Tags:

13 Responses to ““Flight Plan” lands today”

1. By Gabe on Feb 14, 2018 | Reply

Hi Darren

do you know how long will be those episodes?

2. By D on Feb 14, 2018 | Reply

El Gallo-Thanks for your Service.

I guess I’ll lift my self imposed fakebook ban to watch a episode.

My guess for AZ’s filling the QB spots this spring
    (not saying its the best )

Sign the following in free agency:
    1- J. McCown
    2- K. Clemons

Draft a QB in Round 1. The kid from Louisville may fall in the 11-15 range.

Both Free agent QB’s have connections to the coaching staff and both wouldn’t command big $.

3. By Scott H on Feb 14, 2018 | Reply

So, we just saw the 49ers get a deal done with Jimmy G….got the all-important QB in place. And today, I see where they are doing a 3-year deal with their center…..and I think to myself, gee , must be nice to even HAVE a center that is good enough that you want to make sure you hold onto him.

That is putting the pieces – QB, O-line – in place to BUILD a team.

Meanwhile, we don’t have either of those pieces. So, let’s not be surprised when the 49ers are waving to us as they leave us behind in the division.

This off-season will tell us A LOT in regard to personnel decisions and if anything has really changed. I’m hoping it has. Because it needs to. The last couple of seasons saw this team get so old as we rode some veteran players too long and added too many more last off-season. And I can’t help wondering how much of that had to do with the preferences of BA and his coaching staff – who were pretty old themselves!

Where it goes this off-season will tell us, I think, if the infusion of a new coaching staff is helping shape a new direction going forward. One can only hope that it will.

But if we are seeing more of the same…..and it seems like it’s just more of the Keim way of doing things…..this extension is going to look a lot worse. Or, at least, worse than it feels to me right now.

I don’t want to condemn us to being doomed by the more of the same. I’m going to watch where it goes with a sense of hope that things are going to get better. But until we DO see changes, I can only say that the confidence quotient with Keim is just not real high right now. For me, anyway.

4. By Ken Moroney on Feb 14, 2018 | Reply

(1) Did our front office learn nothing from our staff and players being in the public eye during the off season? We don’t need the publicity; we need FOCUS ON FOOTBALL! (2) Getting rid of Jaron Brown is a huge mistake considering his efforts on special teams, and the catches he has made in the past. You will not find equal talent for equal dollars, and he bleeds Cardinal blood. (3) We fans will do our best to tolerate a stop gap quarterback of he can be a game manager but if he has concrete feet like Palmer; and if our offensive line isn’t a hell of a lot better, you will subject us to another dismal season in 2018 and maybe even 2019.

5. By Eric G on Feb 14, 2018 | Reply

So I guess there was a lot of talk regarding Steve Keim’s extension. I was out of things for a while so that is why my opinion is late,but here goes:

I am no fan of Keim, but I don’t place 100% of the blame for the draft failures, and there are an awful lot of them, 100% on his shoulders. I put a lot of the failures on BA too and the scouting staff. They have a lot of day and I’m not convinced that Keim had 100% control. Notwithstanding, another bad draft and he better be fired.

With respect to anyone making arguments about not getting Garropolo. Shut it down now. The Cards couldn’t afford him. Fine they give up a 2nd rd pick and more to get him mid-season. Then what? He’s a FA that just got the largest contract in NFL history. The Cards didn’t have that cap space. So, the Cards would have traded for him and would be sitting here today with nothing to show for it. Garropolo wasn’t going to happen no matter what you think.

I do blame Keim for signing Bethel but not a great CB2. I do blame him for not getting a solid oline. However, let’s face it, the injuries last year were devastating. The Cards should have made Super Bowl 50 and won. Had they done that, no one talks about not renewing Keim’s contract.

I moved to Philly 10 years ago and have followed them closely for the last 8. I’m a Cards fan first and an iggles fan second now. Hate me for that if you like, but Eagles fans treated me well at games and my fiance and all my friends are eagles fans so I became one too. I will always root for the Cards first and iggles second. I’ll be honest, this year was fun rooting for the iggles, watching them win the super bowl and attending the parade 10 minutes walk from where I live. I got to high five Jason Kelce, Blount and 5 other players as they walked by. Everyone here wanted Howie Roseman’s head several years ago. That was until this year. Now they love him.

Because of that, I think Keim has the same opportunity. New coach, new opportunity to draft a #1 qb this year. The Cards can win the super bowl in the next 3 years. If they do, no one will question the decision to extend Keim’s contract.

Just my two cents from a glass is half full guy.

Cheers,
    Eric G

6. By JCH on Feb 14, 2018 | Reply

Darren URBANNNNNNNNNN——–!!!!!!!
    I have to say your doing a great job for the Arizona Cardinals web page like every nfl sight is not very layed out and stuff. Like also we all do get a chance to comment on things like this not to mention the great person and vibe u bring to this web page!!! GRET JOB KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!

7. By Scott H on Feb 14, 2018 | Reply

Eric G –

I enjoyed that post. But some things I will point out…and keep in mind, I’m a Philly area resident, too.

I really don’t remember people wanting Howie Roseman’s head a few years ago. NOT as much as they wanted the head of the guy who was REALLY responsible for the downward turn the Eagles had quickly taken barely a year after Chip Kelly came to town – and that man was Chip Kelly. A real power struggle developed between Roseman and Kelly very early on in that relationship. And the organization seemed to side with Kelly, giving him more power over personnel decisions and seeming to shuffle Roseman to the back seat. For a while there, it was like Roseman had disappeared. And that was very strange….because how does the GM of an NFL team seem to disappear??

Then, it all blew up, they came to their senses, ditched Kelly, and put Roseman back in charge – as he should have been all along. And the rest is pretty well known. Only a few years later, Philly fans were attending a SB parade.

Again, I don’t remember the masses wanting to run Roseman out of town. I think most people knew after one season that Chip Kelly was a disaster. And they realized that too much power had been taken from Roseman and given to Kelly.

Also, you say the Cards were never going to afford Jimmy G, so it was never going to happen. But let’s back up. At the time he was obtained by the 49ers, he has no price tag attached to him. He was largely an un-known ( heck, he still is, really ) and the 49ers took a chance. And it was a chance they needed to take. They had nothing to lose. Then, AFTER he showed the impact he could have, THEN he had a price tag attached to him.

Look, you may ultimately be right. But do you think that if the Cards traded for him and he played that way here and we suddenly looked like a completely different team that they wouldn’t have found a way to make keeping him happen? I can’t say there was NO way. I mean, how do you find your QB of the future and then let him walk?

My point is, at the point the Niners traded for him, he had no price tag attached. Looking at it that way…..I’d have to question why we couldn’t have taken the same chance?

Maybe we thought Gabbert was going to be the guy? Maybe. But that just underscores the whole point that when you miss / keep missing on the QB, you’re not going anywhere. And right now, that’s us.

8. By drummer-1 on Feb 14, 2018 | Reply

Some people are so gloom and doom.. Teams are signing their own players to contacts and cardinals fan whine because we haven’t made a move yet, even though we can’t till free agency hit.. Wow…I guess some people have no patience.. Signing someone just because another team did is stupid..

9. By clssylssy on Feb 15, 2018 | Reply

With regard to “Flight Plan”…
    When I first heard about plans for this series, my first thought (quite naturally) was, “Oh good…another desperate attempt by the Organization to sell seats in much the same way ‘All or Nothing’ was suppose to make fans BELIEVE this team was going to win our Superbowl…and how did that work out? Kinda seems like a self imposed curse”.
    Not a big fan of Facebook and find it a head scratcher that the Organization would carry this on a social media site (unless they wanted to minimize possible fallout) rather than a legitimate station such as NFL or ESPN, but, hey, to say most of the decisions made by the Organization these days, have left me aghast, would be a mild understatement.
    Initially, I was very happy with the new HC, coaching staff, and even a little optimistic , that their collective football IQ would enhance the management accumen of our FO however, I’m starting to wonder how realistic that is.
    IMO, Keim’s stats have been greatly inflated by successes that should have been attributed to the coaching staff and players like Carson Palmer, Larry Fitz, Patrick Peterson, and the other members of the team.

10. By creditcard on Feb 15, 2018 | Reply

Larry Legend is coming back!

It is easy to be a Card fan when Larry Fitzgerald is playing — he is pure class.

11. By Scott H on Feb 15, 2018 | Reply

Patience? Ok. let’s see…..the last time this team won a championship was……1947? I got that right?

And the Super Bowl has been around for 52 years, yet the Cardinals are one of only a handful of NFL teams left that has yet to win one?

And the Cardinals are now the pro sports team that has gone the longest without winning a championship?

And somebody wants to talk about some fans having NO patience??

You must be kidding me. If there is ONE thing that Cardinals fans like myself and many other long-timers like me HAVE had, it’s patience. We’ve had the patience of a damn saint.

Some people need to think before they say really ignorant things like that.

12. By JohnnyBluenose on Feb 16, 2018 | Reply

Scott H….JimmyMoneyBags may end up as a very good quarterback for many, many years. For his sake (not ours, obviously) I hope he does. But I think it’s too early to know if the 49ers made a good decision. Matt Cassels did not do very much nor did Brock Osweiller after being traded or signing elsewhere. RG3 flamed out as did Colin K. It’s a crap shoot. When we drafted Matt Leinart ten or so years ago we thought he was the saviour. Or, at least Denny Green did. We all know how that worked out. If only we had drafted Russell Wilson. How wonderful life would be in CardinalsLand.

13. By Scott H on Feb 16, 2018 | Reply

JohnnyBlue –

Yes, I know it is a crap shoot.

Hey, maybe we’ll get lucky and Russell Wilson will go to spring training with the Yankees and never come back!

I’m hoping to see an effort to land Nick Foles. Unless we are going to be finding the QB of our dreams in the draft, Foles is really the only existing QB that I think offers true hope. And at 29 – and with very low miles on the odometer – it’s not like we have to try to hurry up and win it all this year or next before he goes over the hill.