Before jumping on a plane

Posted by Darren Urban on September 18, 2009 – 12:17 pm

Here’s a quick post-practice update today, before the team (including myself) heads to the airport. The key players all were at least limited today in practice, meaning LB Chike Okeafor (shoulder) got some work in, while WR Steve Breaston and WR Anquan Boldin also did well. Coach Ken Whisenhunt said he has a “lot less anxiety” about the receiver situation than he did a week ago, which makes sense. Boldin is still protecting himself at times in practice, but Whisenhunt said he’s just being smart. With Early Doucet (ribs) also ready, QB Kurt Warner should have his targets.

That’s it for now. I’ll have a notebook posted very soon, and I’ll get back with everyone from Jacksonville.

Tags: , , , ,

8 Responses to “Before jumping on a plane”

1. By Alex on Sep 18, 2009 | Reply

Very cool, let’s see if the offense can move a little smoother with all of their weapons in place.

2. By Joe on Sep 18, 2009 | Reply

IF the jags rush 4 this weekend and drop 7 into coverage…i hope they get a heavy dose of hightower and wells. Thought whiz was a little pass happy last weekend, considering last year edge had a 100yd game against the niners. I know he was trying to screen them out of speed rushing every play but running to the side works just as well, if not better. I wonder how many times we ran the ball on first down last week? probably not a whole lot.

Love cardinals underground btw..you guys do a great job.

3. By vsancards on Sep 18, 2009 | Reply

@Joe – Couldn’t have said it better. It seemed like if we ran in a 3 down series it was only once. I would like to see us stat in a formation for a whole drive or for at least a series of plays. I can see the Jaguars also dropping back and the only way to get them to blitz or give up someone in the secondary is to run the ball.

4. By Justin on Sep 18, 2009 | Reply

I completely agree. I was yelling from the stands for them to rush more. The delay handoff on 2nd and 10 is getting old. I’d love to see more 1st down runs.

5. By Dirak on Sep 18, 2009 | Reply

I wish the Jags would have blitzed Kurt Warner too, believing they could do the same as niners did. If Whiz would have called run plays and took pressure of Kurt, it would have resulted in defense conserving their plays. Besides, Jags 4-3 could only be effective against Kurt Warner’s pocket throws if the DE’s find a way to lure Levi Brown again. I don’t know what happened in week 1 but Brown wasn’t Brown and Harlson wasn’t Harlson (I mean he is not that fast). Leave Jones Drew to Docket, Campbell and Robinson, and Garrard might have his worst day ever. And 0-1 doesn’t necessarily mean a possible 0-2, we just gotta learn from our mistakes and adjust better. Go CARDINALS

6. By Gage on Sep 18, 2009 | Reply

im not to afraid of playing jacksonville this week. the defense looks stout and we all know what the offense is capable of. Give hightower some slack, he acquired over 130 yards in the game, Are you kidding me? thats beastly and yea beanie looks sharp but needs more time. if the offense couldget some more pass completions and less penalties then we will be in great shape against a mediocure jaguar team.. have faith fans, come on now!!! Thanks- also i love underground as well.. love wolf

7. By Long Meat on Sep 19, 2009 | Reply

I think they need to commit to run also and to also u fitz deep more often i respect the cardinals offense but sometimes i think they play to safe. Last week they should have gotten a little reckless towards the end of the game that 2 min drill works very well oh and i hate the delayed hand off it makes me sick how slow it develops.

8. By Joe on Sep 19, 2009 | Reply

Yeah I just want to see what beanie can do throughout a whole game…we’ve only seen bits and pieces. Lets see what he can do with 15-20 carries. Hes a big back that could ware defeneses down late in games and thats what we’ve been missing. Someone to run that clock out in the 4th qtr.