Cards get blackout extension

Posted by Darren Urban on November 12, 2009 – 1:45 pm

With about 800 tickets remaining, the Cardinals haven’t yet sold out Sunday’s game, but they have received an extension of 24 hours to reach sellout status. If the game is sold out by 2:15 p.m. Friday, the blackout will be lifted and the game will air on local TV.

Tags:

13 Responses to “Cards get blackout extension”

1. By Blair Swan on Nov 12, 2009 | Reply

I already got my tickets. Hopefully we get to see a second straight season sweep of the hawks and the cards playing like they did at home last year. Go AZ!

2. By Eric on Nov 12, 2009 | Reply

With only 800 left, they’ll sell it out.

Darren, one thing that always gets to me at the games is the vast emptyness in the luxury boxes week after week. What’s up with this? Is there any chance the team could sell individual seats in the boxes to season ticket holders or something?

3. By darrenurban on Nov 12, 2009 | Reply

Eric —

I doubt it. To start, if someone bought the box, it’s their right not to go to the game. If they are unsold, the team wants to sell it. Those are high-dollar suites that come with contracts.

4. By DEVILS4LYFE on Nov 12, 2009 | Reply

Let’s go CARDS. Sweep the seachickens.

5. By vsancards on Nov 12, 2009 | Reply

Wow only 800 left. There was 2300 at the start of the week. Good job AZ I think we’ll get there by tomorrow!

Thanks to all the season ticket holders too. But hey if you can’t make it, remember the Boys and Girls club would never turn down tix and those kids make ALOT of noise!

Go Cards!

6. By CardinalFansInQC on Nov 12, 2009 | Reply

With Veteran’s Day just passing and Pat Tillman always on the minds of football fans here in Arizona, can’t the Bidwells buy the remaining seats and donate them to military personnel to come enjoy the game. Let’s give out some tickets to Luke AFB and other local military units. This is the first time that I can remember since Pat Tillman was killed that we didn’t have a home game when the NFL celebrates Veteran’s Day. Go Cardinals – beat those SeaChickens!!!

7. By Mike"Pay Q" on Nov 12, 2009 | Reply

CardinalFansInQC, The Bidwills(not Bidwells by the way) donate a heck of a lot to charity already. I am sure the military would appreciate YOU buying a couple tickets and donating them. I am not trying to me a jerk, but it amazes me how loose people are with OTHER people’s money.

8. By CardinalFansInQC on Nov 12, 2009 | Reply

The use of Bidwell was a play on words . . . it would bid well to donate to the military. I have been a season ticket holder (4 seats on the lower level) since I moved to Arizona in 1994. Whenever we’re unable to attend, the tickets are DONATED to a charity, raffled off for charity at local events or given to the boys & girls club in our area. Our schedule looks like we will be able to attend all games this year, however, we’ve already purchased and DONATED 12 other tickets this year alone. Please don’t complain about something to me that you know nothing about. I know that the Bidwills donate to charities throughout the year. I also know that they earn a lot more money when the games are sold out and broadcast locally. They also have the ability to write off the expense associated with buying up extra tickets and donating them to veterans or whoever. Unfortunately, I don’t have that luxury. I’m not trying to be a jerk either, but just how many tickets have you purchased specifically to donate this year?

9. By Jesse Robles on Nov 12, 2009 | Reply

I just got out of the military and the first thing I did was buy season tickets with the money from Iraq. I love these guys and always have, there isn’t a bad seat in the Stadium, but watching it at home is nice too, just show your support, and not put them down when they have a bad week. We rarely see a team go undefeated like the Patriots, and the cards are far from that, so just stay positive!! LETS GO CARDS!!!

10. By joshua on Nov 13, 2009 | Reply

this happens every home game i was at the panthers game and there was empty seats and the game was on tv dont worry the game will be on tv go cards

11. By Ben on Nov 13, 2009 | Reply

We have the greatest fans in the country…with only 800 to go, I’m sure the fans will answer the call and buy the remainder of the tickets!

GO CARDS!!! Beat the Seahawks.

P.S. – See if you can influence somebody in the organization to have the Cards wear the white uniforms for the home game…we’ve seen a lot of success with those colors this year!

12. By darrenurban on Nov 13, 2009 | Reply

Ben —

Unfortunately, I think the Cardinals had to turn in their uniform plans before the season, so they don’t have the option to change.

13. By FORD WARNER on Nov 15, 2009 | Reply

ALTHOUGH I LIVE IN FLORIDA, I’M A BIG CARDINEL FAN,,AND ESPECIALLY FOND OF KURT WARNER, NOT ONLY IN HIS GAME CAPACITY BUT ALL HIS CONSTANT COMPLETE COMMAND OF THE TEAM AND EVERY GAME, I CONSIDER HIM THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE, HE IS AN INSPIRING PLAYER…….ADOPTED FAN…….GO CARINALS