Fitz’s longest play of the year

Posted by Darren Urban on December 6, 2009 – 7:55 pm

The Cardinals have already taken three deep shots to Larry Fitzgerald tonight (you’ve all been calling for it) and the third worked for a 34-yard touchdown — Fitz’s longest catch of the season. Previously, a 27-yard gain against the Giants was Fitz’s longest gain. And the Cards have a 21-10 lead.

Tags:

7 Responses to “Fitz’s longest play of the year”

1. By Eazy E on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Oh that was pretty, deep corner and madieu williamsm a pretty good safety, but still a safety, no chance against fitz.

2. By chris on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

i like how collisworth is like ohh warner and larry are yet to go deep but lookey there

3. By Matt in Philly on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

I know this isn’t a comment pertaining to the blog post, but how about BRANDON KEITH tonight? Can we get a story about the way this kid played tonight when Deuce went down?

4. By darrenurban on Dec 7, 2009 | Reply

Matt —

Not that I don’t like Brandon, but he only played one offensive play after Deuce went out. Lutui came back in on the next possession.

5. By Aaron on Dec 7, 2009 | Reply

Being at the game I wasn’t keeping too much of a tally, but if I remember correctly the Cards were 3 for 6 on pass attempts of great than about 20 or so yard, does that sound right Darren?

Regardless of the specifics, I LOVED seeing the attempts. And you know what we learned? Q had a 39 yard TD, Fitz had a 34 yard TD, and none of the attempts were intercepted. Sounds like a pretty good risk-reward that hopefully Whiz will employ more often.

6. By Daniel Medina on Dec 7, 2009 | Reply

Bridges, Jeremy…did a great job tonight covering for the injured Mike Gandy!!!

7. By John E. bowman on Dec 11, 2009 | Reply

I am so happy for the Arizona Cardinals!!! Great coaching staff! Kurt Warner is finally getting his due. Quality quarterback and human being. They are truely a team. I’m from N.Y.state origionally, and now living in Ky. it’s great when they televise cardinals games locally!!!
    Good Luck, and go all the way!!!
    ~John