Report: Warner to play vs. Vikings

Posted by Darren Urban on December 6, 2009 – 12:41 pm

Yahoo’s Michael Silver is reporting Kurt Warner will play tonight against Minnesota. I take it as the truth, since Silver has long been close to the Warner family (he wrote a book with Kurt when he hit the big time with the Rams) and I’d guess he’s getting some knowledge either from Kurt or the family. You don’t know for sure until it’s officially announced by the team, but I’d feel pretty confident this is happening.

Tags:

22 Responses to “Report: Warner to play vs. Vikings”

1. By Bob on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Thank you Lord.

2. By brent on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Hey Darren, What is the word on THT’s thumb? Will it limit his play?

3. By darrenurban on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Brent —

Tim will play and I don’t think it should limit him much.

4. By Barry on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

I honestly don’t think this would be a good game for Kurt to come back to. You know Jared Allen is dying to come around the corner and nail him. Plus you have the William boys up front. They are gonna be in the backfield pretty quickly tonight and feel Warner is gonna be laying down on the grass most of the night..I wish Warner and the Cardinals best of luck tonight! Go Cards!

5. By Don on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Whats the status of the roof for the game? I would assume it would be closed but heard it may be open.
    Thanks

6. By darrenurban on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Don —

I also assume it will be closed but an official announcement has not been made yet.

7. By Douglas on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Hey all you Cardinal fans that are thanking God for Warners early return. Have you checked out the Vikings defence? I pray Warner is’nt killed tonight

8. By Devin on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Barry, I agree completely. I thought Matt played well last week and expect he’d do even better with the more practice. plus, with Matt being left-handed, Allen wouldn’t be rushing his blind side.

9. By Aaron Lone-Eagle on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    I am thrilled to death that Kurt is okay and ready to play. my questionn is who cleared him to play. I would hate to see him pull a Ben Roethlesberger and play out of obligation to the team. I will agree that this is an important game, but we still have four games to play, two of which are division. Oh by the way, I believe you might have misunderstood me earlier. I know our run game is going better, and I know what Tim and Beanie are doing, but I mean C’mon, suddenly I am hearing other teams talking about how their recievers are the best in the league. No one is even talking about the best receiving tandem in the league. The best receivers in the league are withoutr a doubt, Q, Fitz, and Steve. No other reciever is tougher in my book than Anquan Boldin. For cryin out loud he got his face broken and missed a total of 2 games. And I know it’s off the tpoic but when do they plan on resigning him. Sorry to go off on a tangent. So many question, so little time. LETS GO CARDS, BEAT THE VIKES!! ITS PAYBACK!!

10. By dan "the muscles" on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

I really see this game being very very difficult
    for the cardinals to win.
    I hope Warner does not play in fear if gett hit
    in the head again.

The Coach need to open the game up and play Warner ball on this game if they plan to win.

If coach keeps playing run the ball it will end in a loss.

Also coach when you do have a good yard gain on a run.
    After that play do a play action instead running the ball again.

About 90% of time team run the ball again after a run gain if 10 yarda are more. So the defense know what play next .. A Run …

11. By Eazy E on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Thank You GOD!!! Kurt playing is our best chance of winning. Darren, are the cards wearing their red on red or red on white jerseys?

12. By darrenurban on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Eazy —

Don’t know yet, as of 4:05.

13. By Jodee on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Darren-

Is Mike Gandy out for sure?

14. By darrenurban on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Jodee —

We won’t know until 90 minutes before kickoff, but I will be shocked if Gandy plays.

15. By Soren on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Hi Darren,

Is Dansby axpected to play and active as usual?

16. By darrenurban on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Soren —

Yes, Dansby will play.

17. By Former Steeler Fan on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

I agree with Barry. Even though Kurt gives the Cards a higher probability of winning, there is a danger of him getting re-injured by the Vikes strong pass rush. It’s not worth it with the 49ers looming next week.

Hopefully, Michael Silver is wrong.

18. By melinda on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

All of us Kurt fans that come out to see him would love this match up tonight, I have been to the last 2 games and reaaly missed his proformance!!! Let’s get it tonight Kurt.. This is what the NFL is all about.

19. By Caleb on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Hey Darren-
    What is your prediction for the game tonight?

20. By darrenurban on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Caleb —

Not to sound wishy-washy, but I try not to make predictions.

21. By Jess on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

I’m scared that Jared Allen will come and attack Kurt…

22. By Barry on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Yup..well they be attacking kurt and it concerns me. They know we have that weakness and they are gonna push hard to “hurt him”…not just knock him down.

I wish Matt was in…just as a good saftey blanket. He played very good last week.