Warner active for game, Gandy out

Posted by Darren Urban on December 6, 2009 – 5:04 pm

The Cardinals just announced their inactives and Kurt Warner is active, so he will start tonight against Minnesota — as expected. T Mike Gandy (pelvis) is out, so Jeremy Bridges will start on the left side.The other inactives tonight for Arizona:

• QB Brian St. Pierre
  • CB Greg Toler
  • LB Reggie Walker
  • LB Will Davis (knee)
  • OL Herman Johnson
  • TE Stephen Spach (knee)
  • WR Jerheme Urban

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Warner active for game, Gandy out”

1. By SamuraiCard on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Nice to see Brandon Kieth active for the game as well. I hope Bridges does well, but if not maybe we will finally get a chance to see how much progress Kieth is making.

I just hope whoever is in there can keep Allen from destroying Warner every other play.

2. By azcardsfan22 on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Hey Darren, can you please give me an update on Tolar, I thought we were high on him, and the way the other corner has performed lately, was wondering if he could help

3. By darrenurban on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

azcardsfan22, Kenny —

Toler is a rookie going through rookie ups-and-downs. They must feel they are better served with an extra safety (Rashard Johnson) tonight than CB.

4. By Eazy E on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Alright good. Kurt let’s go out and have a big game, no Winfield and Herrera. Winfield suppose to cover Fitzgerald and Herrera suppose to block nine-o(Darnell Dockett) Oooooooo!!! Jeremy Bridges let’s go, Whiz and Grimm give him help(chipping with a te or rb), double him and let Bridges play, he’s better than Gandy and Levi in my opinion.

5. By Kenny on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Interesting to see Toler inactive. Normally he suits up and Rashad Johnson is inactive, but it’s the other way around this week. Any thoughts on that, Darren? Did Johnson do something well (or perhaps Toler did something not-so-well) in practice this week?

6. By Eric on Dec 7, 2009 | Reply

Didn’t Spach dress for the warmup? I thought I saw #83 out there?

Also, I noticed Doucet on special teams, which is supposedly why Urban was holding the #4 WR slot for so long. I guess Doucet has stepped-up?

7. By darrenurban on Dec 7, 2009 | Reply

Eric —

Spach did not dress. Not sure which number you saw. As far as Doucet, if Urban isn’t going to play, Doucet has to play special teams, especially with Toler not active. I guess Doucet has done better, although I think it has to do more with the idea of needing to see what Doucet can bring to the table as a receiver.

8. By Mike Greco on Dec 7, 2009 | Reply

I picked the Cardinals to win by 14 I guess I was wrong it was only 13

9. By Mike Greco on Dec 7, 2009 | Reply

I have had faith for a long time. Last year pre-season I said they would got to the Super Bowl. Everyone said I was crazy. And they did!!! I’m so proud of the team and I think they are going to do all over again. But will win it this time. Good Luck Cardinals

10. By Gridley on Dec 7, 2009 | Reply

Well, as far as this fan is concerned Doucet has brought exactly nothing to the table.