Warner up for FedEx honor again

Posted by Darren Urban on December 8, 2009 – 8:48 am

In what has become a regular occurrence, quarterback Kurt Warner is up for the FedEx air player of the week award again, an honor voted on (here) by the fans. Warner completed 22 of 32 passes for 285 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in the win against the Vikings. His competition is Oakland QB Bruce Gradkowski and San Diego QB Philip Rivers — and I am curious to see if Warner could bring home NFC offensive player of the week honors again (that is usually announced later today).

Tags:

7 Responses to “Warner up for FedEx honor again”

1. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Dec 8, 2009 | Reply

I voted for Kurt three times, Rivers two times, and Gradkowski one time. LOL!

Still don’t understand how allowing one individual being able to vote an unlimited number of times is supposed to make these awards (as well as Pro Bowl selections) meaningful.

2. By Kalib on Dec 8, 2009 | Reply

Is Kurt showing any ill-effects of that hip pointer he suffered?

3. By darrenurban on Dec 8, 2009 | Reply

Kalib —

Not that I could tell. He should be fine.

4. By Dave on Dec 8, 2009 | Reply

As far as offensive player of the week I think
    Bridges’ name should be in the hat too. Who in the league has ever held Jared Allen from getting a sack throughout a whole game and henpecked him, trashtalked him and generally made him look like a nonfactor? We’re talkin’ about Jared Frickin’ Allen here….ya know?

5. By Matt S. on Dec 8, 2009 | Reply

Voted for Kurt 5 times! Keep voting…he deserves it!

6. By Derek on Dec 9, 2009 | Reply

When do we expect to hear the most recent pro bowl voting results? I thought they usually came out on Tuesday but can’t seem to find them. Thank you

7. By darrenurban on Dec 10, 2009 | Reply

Derek —

I looked into that. For whatever reason, the next update isn’t until next week. I have stayed on top of it and as soon as I get the next results, I will blog about it.