Fitzgerald returns with right knee sprain UPDATE

Posted by Darren Urban on December 14, 2009 – 8:43 pm

Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is questionable to return after spraining his right knee on that recent bomb attempt. It looked like one of the 49ers’ defensive backs came down on his lower leg, bending it significantly down, and Fitz was left to limp off the field.

UPDATE: Fitzgerald is going to give it a try to return to the game.

Tags:

15 Responses to “Fitzgerald returns with right knee sprain UPDATE”

1. By chris on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

dude where are the cardinals man this same thin hapend after we beat a huge team like the giants no one expected us to win against them we pull off the upset than we go home and play the panthers look what happend same thing tonight

please be safe larry

2. By kimberly on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

well that sucks but im sure it won’t hurt our game anymore than it is now…with or without him…he is my favorite player and i hope he will be ok…this is embarrassing game to me…i don’t understand it.

3. By chris on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

its time to start beanie whiz start beanie

4. By Don on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

Did the films show that there isn’t a torn MCL or ACL? I hope it is only a sprain because it didn’t look good.

5. By Dave on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

Thanks alot cards. Way to throw everything out the window on the praises I was singing. Horrible showing…get your crap together or no SB for us.

6. By Aaron on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

Wow I’m sure that ball control is going to be impressed in the last few games. I hope that Larry and Kurt is going to be okay.

7. By Bob on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

Do you want to take that back now since he fumbled too? I think everyone had their chance tonight.

8. By Darthcard on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

I hope this is not a lingering thing. Fitzgerald is awesome. He didn’t seem to be affected after he came back but who knows he also was a non factor. I hope he is ok.

9. By Joe-B on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

Madden Curse strikes again….

10. By mark on Dec 14, 2009 | Reply

Wow that was the worst cardinal game I have ever seen them play. They completely lacked focus and discipline. The multiple off side penalties at the begining of the game set the tone. Although you could see the cardinal players were trying, they just couldnt get it together. The play calling seemed very predictable and the execution was bad. It does seems to be a trend if they get a big win, they then come out flat the next game. If the cardinals want to be known as an elite team, they have to be able to find ways to win when there not playing there best such as the colts and saints have done this year.

11. By mustafah on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

Sad sad game another week of hearing how horrible the cards are at being consistant ugly night hope fitz is ok

12. By fernando on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

come on u guys i believe in u guys that u will do a good job for now on, hope fitzgerald is in next game and gandy too..

13. By carmel on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

well how i see it, All you guys were playing hard just not smart. But I beleive in you guys You have tons of talent and you will over come this, and will make us all proud again. Chin up, keep up the good things I have seen you all do. Let’s go win the next one…..

14. By carmel on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

Oh Larry don’t ever do that again, I never had been so scared in my life I think I stop breathing. Wow talk about being at the end of my seat. I’m so glad you are alright.. be Safe..

15. By Steve Jeffers on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

Larry Fitzgerald is such a competitor and a battler, he sure did not have to come back last night… but he did!! Great character in that kid!! Sure hope the MRI is negative!! Go Larry!!