Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald remains the top vote getter among NFL wide receivers in the latest Pro Bowl balloting, again behind three quarterbacks (Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Brett Favre) and a running back (Adrian Peterson).
The fan vote will end in less than a week, after the end of next week’s “Monday Night Football” game. After that, players and coaches vote to determine the other two-thirds of the Pro Bowl equation.
Here’s how the rest of the Cards currently fare in the NFC races (only the top five receiving votes are reported):
- QB Kurt Warner is fourth, trailing Brees, Favre and Aaron Rodgers;
- Adrian Wilson is the top strong safety;
- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is fourth (behind the Eagles’ Asante Samuel, Green Bay’s Charles Woodson and Minnesota’s Antoine Winfield;
- Darnell Dockett is fourth among defensive tackles (behind the Vikings’ Kevin Williams and Pat Williams and Washington’s Albert Haynesworth and Darnell clearly isn’t thrilled);
- Antrel Rolle is third among free safeties (the Saints’ Darren Sharper and the Vikings’ Madeau Williams);
- Ben Graham has moved to third among punters (the Vikings’ Chris Kluwe and the Giants’ Jeff Feagles).
Tags: Adrian Wilson, Antrel Rolle, Ben Graham, Darnell Dockett, DRC, Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, Pro Bowl
Posted in Blog | 8 Comments »