Statement on Fitz MRI

Posted by Darren Urban on December 15, 2009 – 3:21 pm

The Cardinals are releasing this statement after the MRI on the right knee of wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald:

“He had an MRI today that revealed a bone contusion and right knee sprain. However the knee is stable and there isn’t any more significant damage. He’ll be evaluated as the week progresses.”

Fitzgerald has tweeted a couple of times he is fine and he expects to practice Wednesday. We’ll see if he can, and if so, if he is limited. Fitz is nine yards short of reaching 1,000 yards receiving this season.

Tags:

10 Responses to “Statement on Fitz MRI”

1. By Chris on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

sit him. shouldn’t need him against the lions this week. breaston performed well in q’s absence.rest the knee for the next two weeks against detroit and st louis for the playoffs.

2. By Secret on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

3. By Jesus on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

a couple things, to start with the best part of the night was to see fitz back on the feild.
    however kurt looked a little slow(er) is he still hurting from the vikes game. and Darren out here in tucson we don’t get much news about he cards. news papers or news. but you have said on many blogs about hightower kicking is he still a posibility if needed.
    it would have been nice to clinch in frisco, but we will be routing for the eagles to beat the niners, and we can’t let down against the lions. we can clinch this weekend.

4. By Mike Bull on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

A Bone Contusion on the knee is nothing to joke about. Good thing they are playing Detroit to lock up the West. Thoughts on if he plays or not? I say 90-10 he does not!!

5. By Secret on Dec 15, 2009 | Reply

I’m glad about fitzgerald’s luck with his knee, it could have been a lot worse. However good news that is, I think most people are overlooking DRC’s turf toe. I hope this doesnt affect DRC’s speed because maybe it will result in calvin johnson burning him on his coverage next week. Plus turf toe can take 6 weeks to recover! I know fitz makes more of a difference, and it would be detrimental to the cards if they lost him to an injury, but this could be bad news for the secondary if DRC isnt 100% for the playoffs! Get well soon fitz, DRC… oh, and cant forget ware

6. By vitamin a on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

Hello
    Larry Fitzgerald is good player and its good that now there is no significant damage in his knee.Thank you very much for giving his statement here.

7. By Heksolson on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

Im so glad and thankfull for Fitz knee because the replay was scary!! But, thanks god the madden curse did not work with Fitz!!

I also think he should rest this upcoming week! GO CARDINALS CLINCH THE DEAL!

8. By markus L on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

should sit fitz, shouldnt need him against the sorry lions.

9. By Eric on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

No way he should play for a couple weeks. A bone bruise on the knee is a killer, especially for someone who makes his living running up and down the field and making cuts. Whiz should rest him and maybe let him play in the Green Bay game.

10. By Paul on Dec 16, 2009 | Reply

Fitz is amazing my favorite player and im sooo glad to hear it isnt as bad as it looked. I want him to be 100% so if he needs to rest so be it. I think the Cards will be fine having Boldin, Breaston, and Doucet on the field and oh yeah Beanie and Hightower aint too shabby! lol Ive been a Cards fan since I was ten when they moved here and I will always bleed Cardinal red till the day I die! Good luck Cards and get well Fitz I will be watching you in Detroit and looking forward to the last two home games clinch it and lets focus on the playoffs!!!!!