Cards-Packers playoff will be Sunday

Posted by Darren Urban on January 3, 2010 – 8:47 pm

So much for the rumor mill: The Cardinals-Packers playoff game won’t be Saturday but Sunday, at 2:30 p.m. on Fox. That’s an extra day for the Cards’ injured to heal. Tickets go on sale in the morning for Arizona residents.

Tags: ,

17 Responses to “Cards-Packers playoff will be Sunday”

1. By hhill on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

man on fox i heard fox say they would have the dallas philly rematch on sunday

2. By darrenurban on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

hhill —

Guess they don’t have the pull they thought they did.

3. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

I’m guessing that since the Cards coaches and players didn’t have any second thoughts about rolling over in a fetal position and embarrassing themselves and the home fans that support them, there will be more than a few season-ticket holders that will give up on the Cards and sell their playoff tickets to Packers’ fans for a chance to make a good chunk of cash (and get a bit of a refund for three big clunker games at home earlier this year against the Colts, Panthers, and Packers).

4. By spitfire772 on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Ottis…. we didn’t show anything in this game because we didn’t NEED to. We had a vanilla offense and pulled our starters after 2 series. There was no motivation to play after that. This game meant very little, if only a slight psychological boost to the Packers. However, we know we can win as an underdog and when we need to and I think we’ll be fine come Sunday.

5. By Mike on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Ottis,
    Sounds like your one of those fans that has given up??? Are you the same guy that complains if Warner would have been knocked out for the playoffs not to have played him?

6. By Joe2 on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

@OAF-
    “Cards coaches and players… embarrassing… the home fans”

Go ahead, be embarrassed if you want. You can even curl up in a fetal position. And let Greenbay celebrate their two big (count-for-nothing) victories. But I am really proud of our Redbirds, how they keep proving all the nay-sayers wrong, how they respond to every set-back, how they stick together thru all adversity never pointing fingers.
    I am a home fan who is definitely NOT embarrassed by our team.

7. By Matt on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

don’t sell your tix to packer fans. have a little bit of pride. come on ARIZONA!

8. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Momentum and confidence heading into the playoffs are worth playing for, IMO. Obviously, coach McCarthy thinks those two things are important. Coach Whiz doesn’t. We’ll see who schooled who next Sunday.

There is no denying the fact that the Cardinals have lost two of their last three headed into the playoffs, and two of those games were embarrassing loses against the 49ers and Packers. The win against the two-win Lions came down to the final two minutes. How the 33-7 loss (effort) against the 11-5 Packers will give the Cardinals any confidence or momentum against the very same Packers team they will face next week, is beyond me. Just what positives can be taken from this effort and applied to next week’s playoff game?

Kurt Warner after the game…

““You watch what they do, you watch how they approach things, you look at players, you see them up close and personal, and you understand you have your work cut out for you.”

9. By darrenurban on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Ottis —

Actually, the Cards had won two straight going into yesterday’s game.

10. By Big Red on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Hey, ottis how bout selling your season tickets, to someone that really cares about the CARDINALS!!!! Not giving up and never will, Go CARDINALS!!!

11. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

You’re right. My mistake. We struggled to beat the Lions (1-15) and handled the second and third string Rams (2-14) in the two weeks leading up to last Sunday’s Packer game, and are 3-3 over the last six games going into the playoffs.

In contrast, the Packers are 7-1 going into the playoffs and have beat San Francisco, Dallas, Baltimore, Arizona, Chicago, Seattle and the lowly Lions too.

Who has more confidence and momentum heading into Sunday’s game and how much do those things really matter? Is media disrespect enough of a motivator for the Cards to overcome confidence and momentum? We’ll know 7 days from now.

It’s hard to fault the prognosticators for favoring the Packers over the Cardinals on Sunday. If I were a betting man, I would. Fortunately I’m not, and I can cheer for team that controls my heart and not my wallet (i.e. the always Cardiac Cards).

12. By Chris on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

ottis,

good point on the betting thing

13. By Timbo on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

I dont know who this 0ttis guy is but I have been a Cards fan since they came in 88 and season ticket holder since 92 and you can whine cry whatever about the coaches,players etc. but alot of us have been through the HARD!!!! times and we are extatic about having Wiz as a coach great players and —–and GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS———-yaaaaaaaa baby…

14. By G. Moody on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

dumb and dumber!
    play to win!
    is not that what the game of football is all about!
    Hey! these tickets are not cheap!
    when I pay to see a Pro game…I want to see a game!
    totally embarrassing! game to watch…
    (we left early….too painful….)
    signed Season ticket holder…
    and Play-off ticket purchased early December..UGH!)
    last time I will ever make that mistake!
    love the players…but the top drawer decision makers..yuke!

15. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Timbo,

I have been following the Cardinals since 1976 – 12 years before you started following them. Those 12 years were pretty bleak too, except for a few guys like Ottis Anderson who is the teams all-time leading rusher.

16. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Did the playoff game sell out on Monday? If not, how many tickets left?

17. By darrenurban on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Ottis —

It’s not sold out yet and I have not heard how many remain. I do expect a sellout, however.