Fewer than 2,000 tickets left

Posted by Darren Urban on January 5, 2010 – 2:50 pm

The Cards just announced there were fewer than 2,000 tickets left for Sunday’s playoff game between the Cards and Packers, and as I had pointed out to a couple of people, a sellout has long been expected.

The Cards are also asking people to try and pick up tickets ahead of time — either at University of Phoenix Stadium or at the Tempe facility — in order to avoid long lines at will call on game day.

Tags: , ,

16 Responses to “Fewer than 2,000 tickets left”

1. By fitz 4 mt rushmore on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren, Has there been any updates on DRC, Q or Calais today or is Wiz being secretly quiet regarding the injuries?

2. By darrenurban on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Fitz 4 —

I’ll have a blog post in a bit, but there is nothing truly definitive and I’d guess there won’t be until Sunday. That’s how Whiz works.

3. By Jesse Robles on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

TWO things, ONE is that the Cardinals have not lost back-to-back games this year, so hopefully that will continue this week. Second is that the Cards play the best when no one gives us a chance, and no one is giving us the slightest chance. I have no doubt with having 19 out of the 22 starters healthy and this is the playoffs, anything can happen. I believe, and I am just happy the majority of Packer fans I know were dumb enough to go to the last regular season game instead of the playoffs?? I have my tickets, just like all season, and were gonna make it loud and I will be waving my RED TOWEL like there is no tomorrow!! WE DO THIS TOGETHER!!! LETS GO CARDS!!!

4. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Awesome!

I wonder if any of the Cardinal’s players are going to pull a Peyton Manning and beg the fans for their support after playing so badly the last week of the season (see the Colts 1/3 press conference on NFL.com). 😉

I do think it would be a nice touch for Coach or some of the players to acknowledge that they disappointed the fans (ca-ching) with their Sunday gameplan and play, but that it will be different come the playoffs.

5. By Jesse Robles on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

People need to stop worrying about this and that, stop asking the question for hourly updates, the players will rest their injuries and come Sunday we will have to see. No looking back, anyone can get hurt. Anyone think Beanie wanted to twist his ankle the first day of Training Camp?? We need to believe that what we have, is good enough, and be behind them . It’s win or go home, we have homefield advantage, be loud. I don’t know where any of you are from, but we are going to win. It’s the playoffs, Ken knows playoffs.

6. By Karen Fellenz on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Good luck to all the cardinal players. The fans will be there yelling in the playoff. Just like last year. Everybody going to Game Sunday wear red and bring you loud voice. Lets help the cardinal players win. Cheer as loud as you can telling the players we are backing them up. Go Cards you are #1.

7. By Wampag on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

how can there be tickets left??? I live in Philly and would give my left *&^ to be able to go…anyone own a plane??? GO CARDS

8. By darrenurban on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

Wampag —

Be careful. Most doctors say you need your left *&^.

9. By boone on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

Look for much green & gold in the stadium with the “Go Pack Go!” chants very audible. GB will rock you…

10. By chem dawg on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

there will not be as many packer fans as there were in tha season finale. i chuckle at the thought of how many packers fans had paid for arizona cardinals season ticket holders playoff packs !!! there was alot of green right behind tha cardinals bench. i am a cardinals fan through and through. and if the green i saw were fairweather cardinals fans….i think their seats should be revoked. lol.

11. By chem dawg on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

hey darren,

i was thinking about bringing my sons big pillowed hulk fists 2 tha game. they are green though. i wanted to put “smash” on one fist & “green bay” on the other or “the packers” or “the pack”. what do you think ?? should i paint them red or leave them green ???

12. By darrenurban on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

chem dawg —

I’d definitely go with red. Green is going to be a nasty color for Sunday.

13. By Year2Remember on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

I’ve heard the parking lots open at 10 for the game. Is this true? Usually it opens 3 hrs before right?
    I’m gonna have a sign that says “This one Counts” on one side and “Get’em Dockett” on the other side!

14. By darrenurban on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Year2Remember —

It will be open at 10. Usually it is four hours before kickoff. Kickoff this weekend is 2:40-ish, so there is some extra time.

15. By timo on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

What are the hours at the training faclity? I need to get my parking pass and need to know if I have to get off work early to get there.

16. By darrenurban on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

timo —

The hours here are 8:30-5.