A-Dub goes All-Pro

Posted by Darren Urban on January 14, 2010 – 9:14 am

Safety Adrian Wilson — who is apparently declining all interviews this week, for whatever reason — was named to the AP All-Pro team, a prestigious honor given that it encompasses both conferences and is basically seen as the “official” All-Pro team. He’s the only Card to make the team. That team is selected by a nation-wide panel of journalists who cover the NFL.

Wilson didn’t make the Sporting News All-Pro team, but teammate Darnell Dockett did make it on defense, while wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald made it on offense. The Sporting News team was selected by polling 636 NFL players, coaches and executives.

Tags: , , ,

12 Responses to “A-Dub goes All-Pro”

1. By Matt on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

how do fitz and dockett not make it?

2. By darrenurban on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Matt —

Fitz was good this year but his numbers — aside from touchdowns — were well below the level of other players and well below what he did in the past. Dockett has a stronger argument, but part of his problem is that many voters know Dockett is really playing a defensive end in a 3-4 look much of the time. I think that hurts him in such voting. Plus, it’s hard to argue Kevin Williams/Jay Ratliff. Both those guys had pretty good years.

3. By John Holt on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Dockett is an All Pro if there ever was one. He is the best defender on the line in Cards history in my opinion and I have been watching since 1943. He has it all: size, speed, endures pain may even like it, non stop motor, and downright mean and ugly. If he stared in a movie it would be The Terminator. Go big guy and put it to N.O.

4. By kauaicardsfan on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    I know Denny Green was the coach with this great draft class, fitz, dockett and Dansby but when Denny did leave did the scouting people remain with the team or was it part of his staff? I know they have been drafting great to build this team and we should keep this staff in tact as much as possible.

I guess my question is when a head coach comes in, do they bring Scouts as well as coordinators etc or is that a function of the GM with the input of the head coach?

5. By darrenurban on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Kauai —

It’s the latter. The core of the scouting staff, led by Steve Keim, remained intact after Denny left.

6. By Chris on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Will Steven Spach be active this week? My Q site: theqchamber.tumblr.com

7. By darrenurban on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Chris —

I would guess no.

8. By kauaicardsfan on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

As always, Thank you Darren for you insight which we, the fans, will never know unless someone writes about it. I heard one of the teams were looking at Steve Keim, may have been Seattle?. We need to keep him here along with the rest of the staff. They have really built something special! This is how a Dynasty is built, The right people in the places and keeping it in tact.
    Dont mess with Success!!!
    Watch out! The RED SEA will turn into a TSUNAMI !!!

9. By John on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

You can probably blame that idiot writer from Yahoo Sports trying to post bulletin board material about Rolle for Wilson declining all interviews. I wouldn’t doubt it if all defensive players decline interviews this week. you can’t blame Wilson if that’s the case.

10. By darrenurban on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

John —

Wilson did end up being cajoled into talking today.

11. By azcardsfan22 on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

Darren, is there right now a better defensive tackle right now than Dockett, between last year and this year the guy has been immense

12. By darrenurban on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

azcardsfan22 —

I don’t see the other DTs enough to make that decision. But obviously, Dockett is a talent who has had a tremendous season.