Warner returns with a chest injury UPDATE

Posted by Darren Urban on January 16, 2010 – 3:57 pm

After Kurt Warner took a huge blow on a block on his last pass — a Will Smith interception on which defensive end Bobby McCray crushed Warner when Warner didn’t know he was coming — Warner went to the locker room. He is questionable to return with a chest injury.

UPDATE: Warner is back in to start the second half.

Tags:

28 Responses to “Warner returns with a chest injury UPDATE”

1. By Heksolson on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Oh my gosh! Cards, I will always be your fan, but… What the heck is going on? Our defense simply sucks now, the Saints are gonna abuse our novel backs!! Still, BELIEVEEE!! GO CARDS!!

2. By wampag on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

D what the %^$#@&* is happening what a crazy turn of events..hope all the players are ok I still believe GO CARDS

3. By tim j on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

get back in there kurt they need you

4. By Redbird Man on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

This couldn’t have played out any worse for the Cardinals. Injuries to two of of our starting secondary players in Rolle and DRC and then Warner goes down on a vicious block after he tossed that interception.

I had a bad feeling about this game given how badly our defense played against the Packers last Sunday.

5. By John on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

I’m glad Kurt is ok. This game is embaressing but is it really a shock. Out of respect to players that have givin there heart. There comes a time where it’s just time to go. And I see Alot of these type of players on defense. There needs to be changes. And if this was kurts last game I say thank you for all you’ve done for us fans. Your memories will never be forgotten.

6. By Heksolson on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Well my friends, everything is done now… I´m still shocked with this events and obviously Im sad, but, i know the coaching staff will do the necessary to be the team we all know and feel we are capable of; as for now, I´ll be here just waiting for the offseason, thanks Cardinals!!

7. By Logan on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

I have said this from the beginning of the season……cut jerheme urban. Cut him. Cut him.

I dont know why the front office doesn’t listen to me.:)

Till april darren it has been a good year.

Re-structure rolles contract.
    Sign dansby,lott and trade boldin.

8. By Cards fan disappointed on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

How disappointing. Kurt & offensive team is carrying team. Where is our defense? cards, work on your defense for next season. If Kurt gives us another opportunity for a return next season, he needs a team effort. Team effort will get us back to the Super Bowl. All in all, thank you for an exciting season. It is too bad it came to an end.

9. By rich n on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

You didn’t look good, but you gave it all you had. Sorry you didn’t go onto the next level. Let’s hear it for NEXT YEAR, RAH RAH RAH!!!

10. By Patrick on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Cards, it was another great ride. Tough way to go out.

Thanks, gentlemen!

PS: The film will show what we need from draft.

11. By Eric G on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Well, the Colts owner got what he wished for, a tired Cardinals team playing a #1 seed on a short week. That rule needs to be changed.

Darren, now that the season is officially over, what do you think the Cards need to draft on D with their first pick at #25 (as I understand their draft position to be)?

12. By darrenurban on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Eric G —

Long time before the draft. Let’s see what the roster looks like after retirement talk and free agency has been put to bed.

13. By lvb on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

If Kurt comes back hope Matt leaves…time to stop riding an old horse

14. By bgiduke6 on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Another great season, and I sure hope Kurt comes back. The talking heads who were calling the game had plenty of good stuff to say about him. Thanks for making us all proud. Its good to know we are not the NFL doormat any more!

15. By jeffrey on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

A number of injuries to key players created holes in the defense. Mr WARNER best wishes and as a fan to see your play again next year will be a boost for your club and the fans.

16. By Hprather on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Exciting run these past couple of years. Thank you gentleman, coaches and players for taking this team from mediocrity to one of the leagues best. i look forward to next season.
    Go Cards,
    a very proud fan

17. By Former Steeler Fan on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

How did Davis’ defense allow 90 points in two playoff games?

And, don’t tell me that DRC and Rolle were injured for both games.

The Pack put up 45 pioints with both of those guys playing.

Draft defense.

18. By rusty on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

hey darren way out of left field! im so tired of listening to trent dilfer on espn a guy who never threw for more than 3000 yards, has more ints than tds, and a lifetime rating barely over 70. He was so good that the year his team won the super bowl they didnt want him back. And he wants to talk about our team go figure? id take matt way before this sorry loser.

19. By Aaron Lone-Eagle on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

I wish to apologize to you and the rest of the fans, as well as the team for my earlier outburst. Frustration throughout the game set in, and well it got the better of me. The Cards had a great season, as well as shrugged off the alleged Super Bowl hang over. The team with the hangover was obviously the Steelers. I must agree with Eric G, on the rule for having to play the # 1 seed. I know the Organization and players will never admit to it, but they were exhausted bout there. You could see it. I am looking forward to next season. I just hope the changes aren’t too drastic. Darren, where in your opinion do you think they need help. I really hope they re-sign Boldin! I know evderyone else, well not everyone, but a few people think we should trade him, I think they should re-sign him, and keep this recieving corp going. Also I agree with Logan, Cut Urban. His few good plays don’t make up for all his terrible ones. You could feel the momentum change immediately when he fumbled the ball. Anyway Darren, It has been good blogen you, I will continue to check your bolgs on a daily basis. Enjoy the off-season.

20. By Card Fan on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Thank You Cardinals for a Great Season. You have made the Cardinal Fans proud of you again this season. We look forward to our team getting healed from the injuries and to next season where we will be there to cheer for you again. Continue to improve and give us all something to cheer about next season.

THANK YOU!!!

21. By Big Easy on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Tasty, tasty cajun cardinal gumbo. Your season’s in the soup! Enjoy the offseason. You were lucky to get past the Pack, they gave it to in the first five minutes. My Packers buddy from St. Louis was at the Jan 10 game and said 3 out of four of you AZ fans are great, but one out of four erase that with their wimpy bravado and inability to hold their beer. Argue all you want. You’re helpless now… game over! Havin’ a ball in New Orleans! BWAA HA! HA! HA!

22. By Cardinals fan on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Cardinals – thank you for an awesome season. I can’t wait til next season. The time will come when Arizona Cardinals will be the next Super Bowl Champs. Thank you Kurt & Larry & Whisenhunt & the whole Cardinals family.

23. By Lisa on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Yesterday was a tough game for you guys, the Saints are a big team in many ways. I had a bad feeling about his game, i prayed so hard this week for your protection over the team especially Kurt. Glad you are okay i paniced when that horrible hit happened. I beg you to come back for 1 more year. I am a huge fan of yours. I love your values, morals, and everything you stand for. God is definitely pleased with you and have many blessings. Hope 2010 will be a better year. Good job this year CARDINALS!

24. By cards fan on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Kurt don’t retire the team still needs you. your the one who got us to the playoffs.

25. By Jesse Strom on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Great job guys!
    I couldn’t be prouder. Great coaching, great playing. We had a few not so great games,but all in all, you guys were awesome. Nobody can say anything different. And if they do,who cares. You know, and we know(the fans), that you pulled through for us. I speak for the state, we appreciate all you guys do.
    Next year will be awesome.
    Most people are not from here, so its hard to build a fan base. But you’ve done it. My kids 2 and 4 adore you guys
    I hope Warner decides to play out his last year. We need you. You’ve taken a team with no belonging, and have awakened that state for which that team plays for. Miracles happen everyday. My son is two and has your poster on his wall. He speaks your name every night before bed. “Foootbaaaal” Waarrnerr”.. Go Cardnalls” “Touchdown” . Every night before bed. He will be a fan forever. I hope one day he can meet you.

Go Cards!

Jesse

26. By roger little on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

3 things, one kurt warner, two draft only defensive players, three mike nugent. go cardinals.

27. By ThomaSexy on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Cardinals for all you’ve done for your fans. I know it’s a tough loss, but you’ve inspired a lot of people and made us all proud. I live in California at a trucking company and one of our customers in Arizona shipped a pallet here and they wrote all over it “Go Cardinals!” It was awesome to see! Kurt, as much as I don’t want you to retire, I know whatever decision you make will be the right one. God bless!

28. By johnnyboy on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

I see alot of posts about the warner hit,and keep hearing it was clean or great play or if warner didnt go after the interception he would not have been blocked. But the truth is all quarterbacks that are team players will make an attempt at the tackle and most blockers will simply get in the QB;s way. Although it was legal ,it was a cheap shot to knock warner out of the game and could of ended his carreer, by a guy who was charged 2 weeks prior with DWI and reckless driving…. and kurt came back in ,after being run down by a freight train for his team.Of course he was not gonna be the same , he shoulda been in a hospital. but because he didnt whine about it, most see it as he just misses a series and it would not change the outcome. WELL IT DID!!!