Dansby says Dolphins are first visit

Posted by Darren Urban on March 4, 2010 – 10:16 pm

Karlos Dansby just talked to ESPN right now, saying his first visit will be to Miami and “there are other things being lined up.”

“It is a huge situation for me and my family,” Dansby said, adding a player needs to be “strategical” in how he approaches a potential team. He insisted finding a winner is his most important aspect of a new team — not sure that’s completely accurate — and wants to be “legendary” in the game.

Not exactly enlightening, or anything we didn’t already know.

Tags: ,

17 Responses to “Dansby says Dolphins are first visit”

1. By dylan on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

Dansby Blows for what kind of money he is asking for… he has some Crud stats and thinks he is a allstar and might i say he has never been to a probowl or even a probowl back up

2. By david c on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

Agreed….won’t miss him but but he is very talented. He won’t be legendary because he isn’t THAT good.

3. By kauaicardsfan on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

Like the movie Jerry Maguire, they are showing him the money, Its sad to see him go!

4. By pacardfan on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

I saw on ESPN that Jake Del. was cut by CAR. Any chance Cards may go after him? I know he struggled last year, but look what he had for WR’S I love Moose Moh. and Smith is a beast, but Jake didn’t have much weapons to fire at. Fitz, Breaston, Doc., and (pos. Boldin), with Wells and Hightower would be a nice off. for Jake to run behind rather it he be Matt’s back-up or earn the starting job.

5. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Pacard —

Possible. Lot of water under that bridge though, especially with his Cardinal connection.

6. By Gary on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

Dansby was our best linebacker. The problem is he wants to be paid as the best linebacker in the NFL, which he is not by a long shot. It would have been nice to keep him, but this is one player that I agree should not be paid anywhere near the money he is asking for. Any team that gives him what he wants has not seen him play and are idiots.

7. By Tom on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

Let him walk. He can be replaced, he’s never made a Pro Bowl and is nothing special as an ILB.

8. By CardsRep928 on Mar 4, 2010 | Reply

Let him go…See dylans post…will davis could fill his spot and produce double…Hayes is our middle thumper anyways

9. By pacardfan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

With the release of Jake Del., do you think the Cards. will go after him? He, in my oppion, is the best QB out there. Yes, he is coming off a bad year, but after the surgey he had and then coming back with only one great wr in Smith, Muh. was a good wr, but not all around great, one could understand. Carr has has struggled where ever he goes, Bulger…getting old and beat up lately, Chad Pen. I think I saw he resigned with the Dolphins, so Jake would be a great pick up. He and Matt would make a good team.
    Hopefully wish list for AR.
    Get Jake Del., try to get Litto Sheppard or Nsh. for CB, get Porter and/or Piece at LB, resign Rackers,Kreider, and Urban, Give 90 and Boldin ext. exp. 90, and most important……GET ROLLE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go after a LB, DE/DT, OT, QB, in the draft. (Hope for Tebow to drop for Cards. in late round……he will do fine in the Cards org. or even Levi Brown)

10. By Nathan H on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Well I saw the Delhomme was released so maybe that can be our veteran QB backup..and in a way Jake is endeared to me, afterall he helped throw our way into the SB lol. And another name I saw released was Jamal Williams from the Chargers also would be a great pickup despite his injury problems at his old age but maybe he can teach Watson and Branch a lil something extra. Any thoughts Darren?

11. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Nathan —

Already talked about Delhomme here. Maybe. Williams is intriguing if he isn’t looking to break the bank. I haven’t looked at his injury situation tho; I’d want to investigate that more.

12. By slim on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Dansby was never anything flashy, overrated to say the least. Thanks for all the tackles, enjoy rotting on one of the worst teams in the AFC.

13. By DRC#1FAN on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Everyone should just breathe, and calm down. Like this guy said. Dansby doesn’t even have great stats. And poor DRC is chasing everyone around the field because we lack team speed, something that your FS usually has, which Antrelle does not, hence the reason he is a safety and not a corner still. We are giving up big moeny free agents. The more other teams pay these guys, the more we are allowed to spend on our new Free Agents. Trust Graves and Trust the Wiz. I would love to see us trade up in the draft and get someone like Taylor Mays from USC and maybe get Antonio Cromartie from San Diego or that CB from the Texans. It’s sad to see Rolle go, Dansby I could care less. In the end, I believe our team will be better next year… I have to.

14. By Tim Pino on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

1 sack, 1 fum, 1 int in 2009 season. if not for the wildcard game vs GB- his season was “average” at best. by karlos!

~tim in nj

15. By K-DUB on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren,

Should the Cards make a play for Delhomme to be the Veteran competition that Matt needs?

16. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

K-Dub —

I think Leinart would get more competition from Carr, to be honest. To me, if you sign Delhomme, it’s strictly as a backup.

17. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

“Strategical?” “Wanting to play for a winner?” Sounds like Karlos is lowering the cash expectations he built for himself because Karlos has the feeling he won’t get the $30,000,000.00+ guaranteed he’s demanding. Is Karlos now trying to save face and suggesting he is willing to “relent” a bit on his $30,000,000.00 demand in exchange for an opportunity to play for a “winner” and the opportunity to win a championship (like New England has been able to do for certain players). As if Karlos hasn’t been able to to do latter with the Cardinals.

And, “Legendary?” Like Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, or Ray Lewis ILB legendary? Karlos, six years of your career have passed and how many Pro Bowl (starter) or All Pro teams have you been elected to?

Just shut up with the above PR shtick and go to the team that offers you the most money which is what you have said you would do all along. I can respect the later because it’s honest and true (and what I’d do if I were in your shoes), but the former is just a bunch of nonsensical BS that nobody in this business is going to believe. That you expect anyone to believe it just makes you look like a fool.