What a week ahead

Posted by Darren Urban on April 19, 2010 – 9:26 am

Lots and lots in the week ahead.

Obviously, the draft is coming Thursday. Again, the first round is Thursday night, with rounds two and three Friday night and the rest Saturday (starting at 7 a.m. Arizona time). Everything Cards-related with the draft will be right on azcardinals.com, and more specifically, this cool draft page which will have all my pre-draft stories (I touched on linebackers and offensive line this weekend) and a whole bunch of videos, including draft day memories from a ton of players like Joey Porter and a three-part analysis roundtable by our in-house experts.

The NFL’s regular-season schedule will be released at 4 p.m. Tuesday. We’ll have a story up as soon as the clock reaches 4, so check out azcardinals.com for the path the Cards will take in 2010 tomorrow.

The 2010 cheerleading squad will be announced Wednesday at 1 p.m. I’ll put out a mock first round that day too.

What was that about an offseason?

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “What a week ahead”

1. By Barbara wurzbach on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

Thanks for keeping us informed. Great job!!!

2. By Woody on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

Thanks alot for your info. I have been reading your blogs ever since the end of the season. I am so excited for this year! Thanks for keeping us in the know!
    The lone Cardinal fan in Georgia!!

Go Big Red!!

3. By NYCARDSFAN on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

Darren, do you know how long after the schedule is released that home game tickets will go on sale? Gotta put in for some time off soon so I can get to a home game finally! Been a fan all my life and havent seen one yet.

4. By darrenurban on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

NYCards —

Season ticket sales are ongoing, but the single game seats usually don’t go on sale until late June at the earliest.

5. By AndyStandsUp on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

And don’t forget on Sunday/Monday rounding up a list of undrafted rookies signed.
    Will they draft a QB 6 or 7, or pick up an undrafted one? I guess it will depend on how the draft goes.

6. By darrenurban on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

AndyStands —

I think if the right guy is there, they’ll draft someone earlier.

7. By fitzis11red on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

Your the man!!!!!

8. By AndyStandsUp on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

Darren, when you say “right guy is there” do you mean a Bradford/Clausen fall or a player who may fit their system. Hard to believe the Cards would spend a draft choice lower than sixth on a QB, unless they ZERO faith in Leinart, Anderson and unsigned St. Pierre.
    And tell me you’re not thinking Tebow!

9. By darrenurban on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

AndyStands —

I am saying a player that fits the system.

10. By AndyStandsUp on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

By your silence on Tebow,it tells me the Cards could be interested in someone who’ll be drafted to sell tickets. The guy will be a better FB than a QB.
    If you’re insinuating McCoy, Pike or LeFevoure, you’re taking about a “short guy with average arm”, or two small school guys with limited pro offensive-type snaps(I know, ala Rothelisberger).
    Just seems with only 7 picks(unless trade(s)) an undrafted QB, such as possibly Snead, Brown, Kafka, Hall, etc.. could be had.

11. By darrenurban on Apr 19, 2010 | Reply

AndyStands —

Before you start reading into what I’m not writing, you need to hang on. I didn’t insinuate anyone. You asked if I meant a Bradford or Clausen falling or a player that fits. I answered your question. I’m not sure how that became necessarily one of those other guys. I am not sure how they have those other guys rated, but I am pretty sure you don’t either — meaning your “scouting reports” may not match the Cardinals’ ideas.

They’re not taking Tebow.

12. By AndyStandsUp on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

Sorry, Darren did’nt mean to usurp your authority, just trying to get a little insight, with the draft days away, from somone who’s on the inside.(Well, a heck of a lot closer than most people.)
    And as far as my “scouting reports”, they’re just vague ideas in a NFL geek’s head, that’s searching for validation.
    But at least I got confirmation from you on one point-“They’re not taking Tebow.” So, you’re saying the McNabb or Rothleisberger trade could still go down….

13. By darrenurban on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply