No prime time against Saints

Posted by Darren Urban on April 20, 2010 – 2:34 pm

Thanks to schedules leaking all across the nation (the Steelers, Redskins and Lions all have had their schedules unveiled by the media well before the 7 p.m. EST announcement today), we know the Cardinals won’t play the Super Bowl champion Saints in a prime-time game. The Saints have five national TV games but their trip to Arizona won’t be one of them. I’m hearing the Saints will visit the Cards sometime in early October, although I have yet to see the Cards’ schedule (Too bad Pittsburgh, Washington or Detroit aren’t on the slate for the regular season).

So we wait.

Tags: ,

29 Responses to “No prime time against Saints”

1. By fitzis11red on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

I’m guessing the Cards get two primetime games. One against the 49ers on ESPN.
    The other will be against the Cowboys. If not on NBC they will have two on ESPN. IIt’s fun to make predictions. 99% of the time I am wrong though. lol.

2. By PRH on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

I think the Seattle game will be a national game with the Leinart/Carroll story line. I believe that’s all we’ll get this year.

3. By MikeFlorio on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

Good The CARDS dont want to get embarassed on National Television against the WORLD CHAMPS!!!

4. By raul on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

you’re an idiot!!!

5. By Eric on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

Based on last year’s situation with the Fiesta Bowl, I’m guessing we will be on the road in week 17.

Can we get rid of the Florio impersonator?

6. By Gregg Rosenthal on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

Teams, if not mistaken , can be on primetime 6 times a season if using the “flex schedule”. So if the Saints were scheduled week 15 or 16(since division foes will be week 17) the game could be a national telecast.
    And who is this Mike Florio guy?

7. By William on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

Good job, fitz… Psychic.

8. By trav111 on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

When do we go to minnie?

9. By Wampag on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

wow we go to KC on Nov 21st

only primetime i see is 49ers unless cowboys towards end counts on Sat dec 25th

wow day after xmas my girl is going to love me ha ha ha

woo hooo GO CARDS

10. By John on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

this is dumb I wanted to watch us play the saints in primetime.

11. By Jcaswellsr on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

Wow the Cardinals got jipped. Only two primetime games. So much for the Warner affect. And one primetime game is on NFL Network. A premium channel that most of the country doesn’t have. THANX NFL FOR NOTHING.

12. By Secret on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

what primetime games do the cardinals have?

13. By itsmeagain on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

hey fitz you nailed it this time, whats your pick for the draft

14. By fitzis11red on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

How and the heck do the 49ers get FOUR primetime games and the Cards get TWO? There is no excuse other than the Cards were completely snubbed. The whiners don’t have a QB either and Leinart has got to be preceived as better than who the 49ers have? So that IS NO EXCUSE!!! Even when this team is good they get no respect. NO losing season in the last three years. Warner, bless him, was not the only player who got this team to where it is. IN WHIZ WE TRUST. Yes, I am irritated.

15. By fitz 4 mt rushmore on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

Well, I guess we all as Big Red fans will know if we got a good present or a lump of coal on Christmas day after playing the Cowpies on NFLN. Ughhh

16. By fitzis11red on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

Oh and by the way, storied franchise or not, the only story the 49ers have to tell is how they haven’t won !@#$ in the last 6 or 7 years!!!!!!!!!!! I loathe our divisional opponents. Can you tell? lol.

17. By fitzis11red on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

PREDICTION:

49ers….0-4 in primetime.

18. By Tbru on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know anyone who actually gets the NFL network and doubt sports bars are open on Christmas blah!

the Carolina game and the ESPN game are the only games I will be able to watch at home.

I might go to Atlanta or Charlotte. We have a good chance to start 3-0

19. By Joe-B on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

Fitz nailed it, besides the Cowboys game being on NFL Network not ESPN/NBC.

20. By fitzis11red on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

I unfortunately don’t live in my hometown of Phoenix, AZ so I am very greatful I can get the Sunday Ticket. It’s hard to watch the Cards at a bar. I like to hear the commentators. Anyway, I got lucky. lol. Leinart needs to show the nation that he has matured and prove to the country the Cardinals are for real.

21. By Big Red on Apr 20, 2010 | Reply

It really sucks having all those idiot fans from cowpie here in town for x-mas.

22. By Jeff Gollin on Apr 21, 2010 | Reply

Sked highlights –

1. 3 of our first 4 games (including first 2) are on the road.

2. The 2 prime-timers (SF & Dallas) both at home. The Christmas game vs. Team Felon is the only game that day (i.e. we don’t have to share the stage with other NFL games).

3. Aside from the Dec. 5 Ram game, we don’t face any other short work-week, coming off Bye week disadvantages (plus a couple of minor advantages – i.e. we face Denver in the middle of their 3-game road stretch).

4. We have a nice 3-game home stretchcfrom 11/9 – 12/12..

5. We open in StL thereby catching them early in the season before Bradford’s likely to catch fire.

6. Week 6 is Bye Week (Week 8 would be better, but why quibble)?

7. Only two “possible” snow games -(KC 11/21 and Carolina 12/19. (Neither closely resembles “the frozen tundra” of Lambeau Field, the Meadowlands, Cleveland, NE or Buffalo) so odds are that we’ll catch a break in both cities.

Side note – I live in NJ. Awarding a Thanksgiving game to the Jets guarantees that there will be early/late evening traffic “issues”in the vicinity of the Meadowlands (or whatever they’ll now call it).

23. By Skiptim on Apr 21, 2010 | Reply

Darren –

Good hint on the front page. Is it going to have the state logo on it?

24. By darrenurban on Apr 21, 2010 | Reply

Skip —

All I can say is, be there at the draft party. Or watch the party streamed live here on the website.

25. By Skiptim on Apr 21, 2010 | Reply

Good stuff. On a totally 100% unrelated note… what would be awesome actually, and I’m sure a lot of people would agree with me is if there could be like at least one game a year where we could go back to the old jerseys from the 90s and part of the 2000s. It would bring back some nice memories.

26. By cards62 on Apr 21, 2010 | Reply

Guys and gals I think we have to love the schedule makers.
    Watched on the NFL network and they showed how many miles that Seattle and San Fran had to travel this year. I believe one was ranked the most miles and the other the 3rd most miles so advantage Cardinals. Based upon previous years records all 4 teams in the NFC West have favorable schedules.

I live in Tenn. so NFL network is no problem as is the red zone. I did the NFL package a few seasons ago to watch the Cardinals, but man that red zone was great to watch last year so I am debating what to do in 2010.

27. By Scott H on Apr 21, 2010 | Reply

fitz –

To pick up where you left off, I understand that the Eagles have 5 ( yes, FIVE ) night games in primetime in the coming season. Explain THAT to me! Yeah, the Eagles have had a long stretch as an elite team and McNabb has been an elite QB for much of that time, but they are clearly in a re-building process at this point. They have 7-9 written all over them. McNabb is gone and they have a young and totally unproven QB taking over. Gee,…isn’t that pretty the same boat the Cardinals are in??? So, why five primetime games for the Eagles and only two for the Cards? And four for the 49ers??? Fine. Ya know what? I hate the Eagles AND the 49ers, anyway, so it just gives me another reason to root against them. Let’s hope both teams fall on their faces, making the NFL look really stupid for loading up their primetime games with teams that don’t deserve that much of the spotlight. AND let’s hope the Cardinals roll to a third NFC West title, making the NFL look really stupid for disrespecting a team that has been to a Super Bowl more recently than either the Eagles or 49ers! I’ve been waiting for SOMETHING to get me fired up about the 2010 season and I think I just found it!!!

28. By WVcardFan on Apr 22, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know why some people on here are actually UPSET that the Cardinals only have 2 national TV (and thus off-schedule) games, while the Niners have 4. Who cares about the stupid “respect” angle. That doesn’t win you any games. I, for one, am just fine with fewer national TV games. So what if the rest of the country doesn’t get to watch the Cardinals? Professional athletes are creatures of habit. I’m sure if you asked them, they would be just fine with playing EVERY game on Sunday afternoon. No short weeks. No schedule disruptions. The Niners also lose a home game by having to play in London. I think the schedule sets up quite nicely for the Cards. After Week 2, they don’t have any back-to-back road games. The have a nice comfy stretch from November into December where they will be home and sleeping in their own beds for almost an entire month, just as other teams are starting to feel the wear-and-tear of a long, rigorous season. The opener is practically a gimme, with St. Louis working in a raw, rookie QB. If the Cards can steal one in Atlanta in Week 2, they are looking squarely at 3-0 with Oakland visiting UofP Stadium for the home opener in Week 3. I think the schedule is extremely advantageous to Arizona.

29. By Albert Campillo on Apr 22, 2010 | Reply

I hear ya Scott,
    I think our chances of taking the division are very good. 2 away games Rams and Atlanta, then Home vs. the Raiders (which will pump the crowd up) and go to San Diego (which we need to win all road games like last time). Then the Saints game. I mean I’m going to try to heckle the crap out of their coach by screaming my head off. Card’s need to beat the Saints. After our bye we got Seattle (away) and Tampa (home), then Minnesota (another big game we need to win) in Minnesota.Then Seattle (home) and we’re in Kansas City (where we need to win on the road again to pump us up for 40 Whiners. Then, the Rams and Denver at home (we need both games) and need to beat Carolina to pump us up for the Dallas game. Our last game is against the 40 whiners, so I hope they choke in their season. I also know that Singletary tries to fight the crowd by taking time outs, well that ein’t going to work this year bub. GO CARDS!!!