Wanting football in May

Posted by Darren Urban on May 12, 2010 – 2:27 pm

It’s probably safe to assume anyone reading this blog in May is already heavy-duty into football and the Cardinals.

But if you’re looking for an extra boost — and you haven’t already seen it on the home page — check out this video.

The regular-season opener in St. Louis is Sept. 12. Four months from today.

Tags: , ,

28 Responses to “Wanting football in May”

1. By Ron on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Ouch..Thats hitting below the belt..Come on September..GO Cards…

On a side note Darren I think you should do a piece on naming our Defense for this year. I would give mine but will wait to see if it happens or not. Great job as always

2. By darrenurban on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Ron —

Maybe a blog entry. But usually guys shy away from talking about such things, especially when the unit is unproven.

3. By cardfan82 on May 12, 2010 | Reply

I NEED ME SOME CARDINALS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. By k. on May 12, 2010 | Reply

i’m not ready to give up my spring and summer but i definitely am missing watching the cardinals play! i can’t wait until they take the division crown yet again and all the naysayers in the media have eat their expert drivel.

5. By kauaicardsfan on May 12, 2010 | Reply

4 months, way too long, I guess I gotta hit up nfl films and watch some old game footage to pass the time away till then….

6. By Ron on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Thats cool thanks…Must be the boredom setting in on my part. Have a great day.

7. By jzcardinal on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Are there any more pics/video clips from mini camp?

8. By darrenurban on May 12, 2010 | Reply

JZ —

We posted some stuff during minicamp. Just look at the photo page or video page.

9. By wampag on May 12, 2010 | Reply

wow good thing FLYERS play tonite…BW looks tougher GO CARDS

10. By TBru on May 12, 2010 | Reply

I mentioned before we have a family of Cardinals living at my work, I just noticed today the housing complex next to my job is called Calais

yea, I got the fever

11. By Pheenic Cards on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Thanks for the articles! I enjoy reading them a lot! Just a quick request, whenever you’re able too, do you think you could write an article predicting the Cardinals season? I’d like to hear what games you think we’ll win, which ones you think we’ll lose, and our end record from someone like you who knows a lot about the Cardinals.

Thanks!

12. By darrenurban on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Pheenic —

Appreciate the request. But something like that, quite frankly, is a no-win proposition for me. I’ll break down the games and talk about what players are moving where and if changes might be made, but actually predicting wins and losses probably isn’t worth it. Besides, that’s why they play the games.

13. By BigAl on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Ahhh, there’s nothing like the smell of football in the air. Smell the grass and dirt, sweat dripping from your helmet, it’s marked and pocked from past battles, pads snug and tight for hitting… rookies out to prove themselves… cockiness and fear all in one. Whistles in the distance…. the smack of plastic on plastic, grunts, heavy breathing and hard thumping. One on one battles everywhere. You notice, but have you own eye to eye going. Beat one man at a time. The inner voice yelling to push yourself harder, be better, remember the failures, they push you… the outer voice checking schemes, angles, patterns, gaps with others. Mentors directing, prodding, demanding, cajoling, pissing you off..until you finally get it. No pain on the field…only victories, small and large. Failures too. You know the pain comes later, but not now, not on the battle field. Eventually the feeling of togetherness with your fellow warriors come. You all start working together at the same time, in the same direction, with the same purpose. You become more than a man, you become a warrior, a brother, a teammate, a team.

14. By BigAl on May 12, 2010 | Reply

That video took me back…. thank you.

15. By jzcardinal on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Well i saw the stuff from minicamp, I was just wondering if there were MORE videos that might be put on the site…

16. By darrenurban on May 12, 2010 | Reply

JZ —

Not that I know of. I am sure we will have some stuff from OTAs.

17. By John on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Man, watching that video got me so excited for the season I almost peed myself!!!!

18. By AndyStandsUp on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Not that I’m complaining, but I thought contact drills were prohibited in minicamps? Hate to see Coach Whiz be labeled as a Rod Marinelli or Tom Coughlin.

19. By fightingbird on May 12, 2010 | Reply

I was only seven when the Cardinals got in my head and even now at 45 Im thinking Cardinals before I go to bed.Its true my veins run with cardinal red and when I stop pulling for the cardinals I’ll be dead.(I doubt I will stop even then).

20. By Daniel C on May 12, 2010 | Reply

When i saw Cardinals last year in superbowl i got hooked and have seen every single game with them, its kind a hard to see them when you live in Denmark 🙂 but i live and breath for the cardinals… GO CARDS… i make sure that im updated on this hompage. 7 times a day or something!!

21. By AzCards65 on May 13, 2010 | Reply

CARDINALS!!!..SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!!!2010.. IM READY DARREN

22. By KidStallyn on May 13, 2010 | Reply

I put on my BEST Football Sunday Gear to watch that………

23. By Mailand on May 13, 2010 | Reply

I´m so excited. Seing the vid just want me to speed up time by 4 month. As Daniel C I to live in Denmark, and are a TRUE fan of the Cards. Has been since 2006 when Leinart came. Then Warner came and it was bigger and better. Now Leinart is “back” and I´m one of those who thinks he can do it. I just wanna go and see a match soooo bad:)

24. By Barry on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Love the Video, Any chance of making it downloadable ? I would love to have this in my ipod

25. By darrenurban on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Barry —

Our intent is to get that done, with iTunes and maybe otherwise. I will keep you posted.

26. By Mailand on May 14, 2010 | Reply

To Barry.
    If it´s only for your Ipod use downloadhelper.

27. By Mailand on May 20, 2010 | Reply

Nice move to get the “4 months” vid on podcast:)
    What about the teaser with coach?

28. By darrenurban on May 20, 2010 | Reply

Mailand —

Not sure. I’d have to look into that.