Fitz is in charge

Posted by Darren Urban on July 6, 2010 – 4:57 pm

Calais Campbell isn’t there yet (the defensive end said he was headed to Minnesota next week when I saw him getting ready to work out at the Tempe facility this morning) but Larry Fitzgerald’s camp is in full swing. The AP did a big story on it today, and Fitz even tweeted a photo of himself in action (as seen below … thanks Fitz). One of these days, I’ll get up there myself for some coverage.

Tags: ,

15 Responses to “Fitz is in charge”

1. By Scott H on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

Darren –

What’s this “coverage” stuff? I think you need to get up there to Minnesota, put some pads on, and get to work! When Larry gets done with you, you’ll be a lean, mean, butt-kicking machine!

2. By fightingbird on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

Does Anquan Boldin and other X cards show up .

3. By darrenurban on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

Fightingbird —

Don’t think Anquan does, but not sure about other ex-mates.

4. By Michelle Rich on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

I Can’t Wait Until Saturday to meet him at North Phoenix Baptist Church.
    The Autograph Signing Starts at 1pm.

5. By LadyCard04 on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

Darren

It would be a great time to go to Minnesota – anything to avoid the 100+ temps here in Az. Plus it would be “work”…no downside.

6. By cardattac on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

We love you Fitz!!!! Lookin good mang!!! Cant wait to see you and Matty Boy put it down on some unsuspecting teams plus some even more unsuspecting and deserving critics!!!! I hope Matt is up there with you right now throwin the ball and workin….. if not i’m sure he is of doing something else productive to get ready for the season. I believe in him!!! GO CARDS!!!!

7. By AndyStandsUp on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

As evident by the photo, the rain in in the Plains falls mostly on the ordains.
    Larry don’t get hurt!

8. By BluePitt on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

Off topic
    But I need some RED RAGE in here>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/412703-nfc-west-preview-seattles-lack-of-pass-rushers-a-cause-for-concern I am going to find this dude and teach mim some manners… I am the only card in here dooking it out!!!!

9. By wampag on Jul 7, 2010 | Reply

D- Need your help is it true Fitzy will be in NY at playland giving out madden 10 I am in Philly and will make the drive if this is a real thing

can you get me any info?

tell Fitz I’ll be in the new black CARDS jersey

10. By darrenurban on Jul 7, 2010 | Reply

Wampag —

Sorry, but I don’t know Fitz’s off-season schedule, aside from being in Minnesota. I would call Playland or wherever you are hearing and they should be able to tell you.

11. By Ditship on Jul 7, 2010 | Reply

Is Byrd attending again this year? I still have high hopes for him as a Card.. I think he’ll be on the roster with Patrick and Becht this season..

12. By darrenurban on Jul 7, 2010 | Reply

Ditship —

Byrd is still on the roster, yes.

13. By wampag on Jul 7, 2010 | Reply

Ok D thanks a lot

hey you think if i take pictures and send them your way I can get a gas credit ha ha ha probably not

have a great day

14. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jul 7, 2010 | Reply

I wish Larry would open the on-field time to the public for a fee and then donate that fee to charity. That way the fans get some summer entertainment during the slowest time of year and the money would go to help a good cause. I’m sure the restaurants and gas stations in the area wouldn’t mind the business either.

Minneapolis is just five hours from where I live in Wisconsin. Plenty hot up here though and muggy too. High 80s and low 90s with dew points in the high 60s and low 70s. End result is a heat index in the upper 90s.

Darren – you should ask Fitz what’s worse – a 100+ day in Phoenix with little humidity or a 90+ degree day in Minneapolis with 70%+ humidity. I’ve lived in Louisiana for two summers, and I can tell you the oppressive heat and humidity can be just as bad up in the Northwoods during the summer. Fortunately, such days are the exception and not the rule up here, unlike the deep south where they count down the days to winter during the summer.

15. By darrenurban on Jul 7, 2010 | Reply

Ottis —

Having lived in Arizona most of my life, and had the chance to be in some humid areas in the summer (Chicago, Minnesota were two instances I can think on the top of my head) I will take Phoenix every time. No bugs, you’re not drenched, and — if the boss is as nice as he has been the last two summers in letting us go to golf shirts rather than the shirt-and-tie we wear in-season — it doesn’t take long for the sweat to subside inside.

I just went on vacation in the east (before the heat wave, thank goodness) and after going for a run, the fact I could shower and the sweat wouldn’t stop for another half-hour drove me batty.