The details of the Red-White practice

Posted by Darren Urban on August 4, 2010 – 8:40 am

Many have asked about what the details are for Saturday’s Red-White practice. It will be earlier than usual, with the practice starting at 9:15 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. on the upper fields across the street from Walkup Skydome (and it will move inside with bad weather). Big crowds are expected, so take that into account.

In addition, the autograph session before practice is for kids 12-and-under. That will be held in the Skydome. Gates will open at 7:30 a.m., with the session running from 8:45 a.m. until 9:10 a.m. Space is limited and lines will be cut off to make sure all people in each line can be accommodated in the time allotted.

As for the crowd, here is the text from the press release to help relieve the traffic jam: “Fans coming from the Valley should take the McConnell exit (#341) off I-17 just past the Interstate 40 interchange. Make a right turn at the stop sign and proceed to Pine Knoll. Make a right turn onto Pine Knoll, then in to the large parking lot on the right for shuttle service to the fields. Buses will be leaving every 5-10 minutes from the lot.”

Tags:

34 Responses to “The details of the Red-White practice”

1. By Tyler on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Completely different note. Is there a way that the Cardinals cheerleaders can make a 2010-11 calendar? Have a poll of who wants one. I was looking at other teams and I just wish they had Cardinals gear on. Get back to me, please.

2. By darrenurban on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Tyler —

I don’t think there are plans, but I can check.

3. By TBru on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

The times they are a changin’

I remember when a couple hundred people attended. I guess I will take playoff success over easy camp access any year.

4. By Sean on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Darren, will autographs be signed after this practice and are adults included. Coming up friday evening for this practice on Saturday.

5. By darrenurban on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Sean —

The players are off until Monday. I wouldn’t count on them sticking around; most want to get the heck out of dodge and go home for the weekend. I am sure some will, but again, be forewarned.

6. By Ben on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

What is the date for the event?

7. By darrenurban on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Ben —

It’s Saturday. August 7.

8. By Skiptim on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

When you post the video on here, is it going to be the entire practice, or is it going to be the entire practice with audio commentary and a post game analysis?

9. By darrenurban on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Skiptim —

You’re a funny guy.

10. By brandon on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

so never been to one of these but is like a college spring game where they pcik players for each side or is it just 1v1 2v2 1v2 2v1 type of deal?

11. By darrenurban on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Brandon —

It will be a lot like a regular practice until the end, and then they will run some of what you said, 1 v 1, 2 v 2, etc.

12. By latch on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

I looked for details of Williams contract and haven’t found it?

Where can I find out?

Thanks

13. By darrenurban on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Latch —

I have not seen details anywhere.

14. By MIKE on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

I have a question about tonight’s practice at Coconino High. Is it just a normal practice? And also will there be an autograph session?

15. By darrenurban on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Mike —

It is a normal practice. I would guess some guys will sign afterward like a normal practice.

16. By Logan Cooper on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Tyler-
    Two words…….cold shower.
    take one.

17. By brad oneill on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

i am confused? are the players off for the weekend or are they going to be practicing?

18. By darrenurban on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Brad —

As soon as the Red-White practice is over Saturday morning about 11:30, they are done for the weekend.

19. By Joe-B on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Who are the guys that are normally good about giving autographs after each practice? On Sunday I saw how long Leinart stayed to sign autographs and from what I hear he has been doing them after every practice. Any other people who are easy to get autographs from?

20. By darrenurban on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Joe-B —

You’d have to ask other fans that.

21. By AndyStandsUp on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

Alright, everyone attending the practice Saturday, remember this, it’s Beanie’s birthday. We need to get a rousing “Happy Birthday” song to him, so pass it on.
    And please remember, it’s going to be extremely crowded and easy to lose patience, so please be courteous and civil to the fans around you.
    We can have fun and not degenerate into “those other guys”.
    I’ll get off my soapbox now and head to Flag. See you there.

22. By AndyStandsUp on Aug 4, 2010 | Reply

P.S. Since the Cards are off Sunday, we can wish Anthony Becht a salute to his coming into the world also. Just don’t bring a cake with that many candles- I think there’s still a fire restriction in Coconino County.

23. By Tyler on Aug 5, 2010 | Reply

Logan,
    FYI. cold shower. Take one… is 4 words genious, but I have 3 additional words for you… hooked on phonics.

24. By John on Aug 5, 2010 | Reply

Joe B,
    Fitz has always signed autographs. (hundreds each time) . Clark Haggens is good about it. Coach Whiz signs. Ben Patrick and Tim Hightower signed last year. Leinart usually signs alot too.

Short story. My girls like to get the autographs. (10-13ys old) They held up signs saying Please Come Here. Several players came over. But Duece walked by and said no. Coach Grimm was there and got on him and told him to sign the girls poster. Duece came over, signed my girls and a couple more.

Some players not with us were really good like Rackers, Warner, Bolden, Okerfer, Dansby and Berry.

Overall it tougher now. I remember when there was a handful of fans and players like Ken Harvey, Aeneas Williams, Seth Joiner, Frank Sanders, Gary Clark , Rob Moore (just to name a few) not only would sign autographs but chat with you about the upcoming season, take pictures, ect. Oh, How winning changes things. Just one persons experience.

25. By darrenurban on Aug 5, 2010 | Reply

John —

There also used to be fewer fans at camp.

26. By John on Aug 5, 2010 | Reply

One more thing about autographs. Like I said, I’m not so much into them, but my girls love to get them. Then they end up under a bed.

But one picture I keep is myself and Pat Tilman. He was one of the nicest guys up at camp.Signed anything, posed for pictures, chatted about his role on the team, ect.
    Funny thing is, in the picture behind us, there is only about 5-6 fans. No railings, no security.

27. By John on Aug 5, 2010 | Reply

That was my point. Winning brings out fans who came out from nowhere. It’s the same at Sun Devil Stadium. When we were 5-11, there were 25k fans there. New stadium and going to the super bowl and we have how many sellouts in a row?
    Same with camp. Camp had 100 people . Less on weekdays.Now there are thousands. It’s great to see this city finally embrace this team.
    That’s what I meant by winning changes everything. I think players can’t start signing because it will take an hour to see all the fans. As a fan, I miss the old days of chatting with the players.
    Fitz and Warner still took the time to do it though. Love those guys.

28. By cooper on Aug 5, 2010 | Reply

i going to see my granma this weekend and wanted to no what day they are signing autograhs

29. By Johnp on Aug 6, 2010 | Reply

Darren or any Fans,
    Do you know if bicycles are aloud at the practice? We were planning on riding over.

30. By darrenurban on Aug 6, 2010 | Reply

Johnp —

They are allowed, although you’ll be limited to where you can take them.

31. By crystal on Aug 6, 2010 | Reply

The question about adults being able to get autographs was never answered. Are adults allowed? my husband and I came mostly for the autograph session and I will be extremely bummed if I can’t get any.

32. By darrenurban on Aug 6, 2010 | Reply

Crystal —

I did answer it. It says right above: “the autograph session before practice is for kids 12-and-under.” I can’t make it much clearer than that. If you want autographs as an adult, come to any other practice.

33. By Crystal W on Aug 6, 2010 | Reply

I am bummed that the autograph session is for kids only. This is crap since there are fans who enjoy meeting the players and getting autographs who don’t have children, like myself. I came not only to see them practice, but mostly to get autographs and meet the players. I have came to the training camps since I was a kid. The last time I was here, I was either 16 or 18 years old and I was able to get autographs just fine on scrimmage days inside the Skydome. If this is a new policy, I believe it should be changed. It is not fair that fans WITHOUT kids can not participate in the autograph session.

34. By darrenurban on Aug 6, 2010 | Reply

Crystal —

Anyone can get autographs any other practice, and that even includes Saturday (although players have the weekend off and most will be bailing quickly). But many players sign every other day of a three-and-a-half week camp. As for the days in the past, the Cardinals also used to lose often and have less fans show up. Things change.