Noticing the Cards

Posted by Darren Urban on October 12, 2010 – 10:46 am

A couple of tidbits before my live chat starts at 11 a.m.:

— The Cardinals have climbed to the 11th most popular NFL team, according to the latest Harris Poll released. It’s an interesting rise in the “standings.” The Cards languished low for a long time (the data goes back to 1998). In 1999, the year after the Cards made the playoffs, they rose to 23rd, but starting in 2002 (the next time the poll was done), the Cards were 31st, 32nd (last), 32nd and 31st the next four years. They jumped from 29th to 24th in 2008 after coach Ken Whisenhunt had been around a year, and have then gone to 16th and now 11th.

The Cowboys, Colts, Packers, Steelers and Saints are the top five. Last for the fifth time in six years are the Jacksonville Jaguars.

— He won the game and now rookie quarterback Max Hall is trying to win an weekly honor. He is up for for Pepsi Rookie f the Week award on NFL.com (you can vote right here). The NFL has put out this little bit of info too: Hall is the first undrafted rookie quarterback to start and win against the defending Super Bowl champs in more than 42 years, since Pittsburgh’s Kent Nix did it against Green Bay on Dec. 17, 1967.

Tags: ,

63 Responses to “Noticing the Cards”

1. By Steve Headford on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Props to all of us who have been diehard Cardinals through the good times and many more bad times.

2. By SkyeBird on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

The great gift the fans of the Cardinals give is that they hold their team in esteem, regardless of wins or losses. That is a sign of a true fan! That is a sign of a team that has earned their fan’s respect!

3. By Landin on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

hey darren,

will breaston, doucet & hayes return after the bye week?

Landin

4. By Chris Nelson on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

that link for the pepsi award doesnt send you to the nfl site, it redirects you to and older post you put darren.

5. By Darren Urban on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Everyone —

RE: Link

Sorry, not sure how it happened. It’s fixed now. http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

6. By nrdpmp on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren, not sure your link for the vote is set right, took me to your “Rookies work and things quiet down Posted by Darren Urban on June 14, 2010 – 11:42 am”

I’d love to vote, did well even if we didn’t get a Rush/Pass TD.

7. By joe again on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Coach says that Mad Max prefers to spread the field with 3 and 4 wide-receiver sets (just like Kurt did). With Max’s poise, quick release, and nice touch, I look for success to develop real soon with our passing game, which then will bust open the run game. This could end up being a super fun offense come November and December.

During that Saints game, Fitz was really stoked and pumping his fists — I havent seen him act that worked-up since last season before Kurt retired. Of course, nobody knows yet how all this will play out, but maybe this will get Fitz to re-sign with the team next year.

8. By Javier Montoya on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

That’s Bad Ace!!! Gettin some love finally! Seems Max Hall has something good in store! Lets Hope So!! Go Cards!!

9. By Casey on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

I don’t mean to rain on your parade, but let’s keep things in perspective here. As evidenced in the following link, through 5 games, the Cardinals are ranked 25th or worse in 14 of 16 major statistical categories on both offense and defense. The only 2 categories where the Cards fare better- red zone offense & defense- the team is ranked #14 and #16, respectively, still nothing to cheer about.

Not surprisingly then, Clayton/Sando/Kuharsky/Walker have the Cards ranked an average of 23rd out of 32 in their most current Power Rankings (after Saints win).

Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but I do feel the need to temper the exuberance. Yes, this team has come a long way really since Denny Green started significantly upgrading the talent level back in the middle of the decade through today with Whiz’s leadership and organizational skills. But let’s continue to hold this team accountable for an overall level of subpar play to date this season based on any legitimate, meaningful statistical measure (including a record of 3-2; Whiz admitted that he had wanted better through 5 games).

A 1/2-game lead on Seattle is perilous at best, and even the 3-game lead on SF with 2 direct matchups remainig is nothing to get comfortable with. I do think Max Hall will continue to improve each week, but this defense and special teams will have to continue to play like they did against STL and NO if this team is going to maintain its lead in the division.

Thanks,
    Casey

10. By Darren Urban on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Casey —

RE: Stats

Trust me, I had no doubt that you’d be along to give us proper perspective.

11. By RogerH on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Casey,

“I don’t mean to rain on your parade”, you could have fooled me – seems as though you do mean to rain on the parade. The poll by Harris was about popularity as was stated – and had nothing to do with power ratings or statistical performance.

12. By Nightraven82 on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

I think the Cardinals could do a lot of great things this year,especially in a season where no one is consistent.They just beat the Super Bowl champs which does go for something.If the cardinals can play with the emotion they generated the superbowl year we will in for a big suprise.I havent seen one team yet that makes me think “We cant beat them”.Arizona mi ght have improved in popularity but I think we are still disregarded by mainstream media.I would say we arein better shape than the Vikings but they still get all the talk.Just wait this team is going to make a strong run.

13. By Rich on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

I knew in one of his first couple of passes he was gonna throw a pick lol. He did the same thing in his preseason game, after which he settled down and did the same thing we saw sunday.

I hope that doesn’t become a thing though. Like last year it was one of our backs fumbling the ball on every opening drive of every other game. Did anyone else notice that?

Oh and that shot post game of Max and Brees having a word with one another. Man Brees looked so serious, different from your usual good game thing. Wonder what he said.

14. By Logan Cooper on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Joe again,
    It is good to see newbies getting on the board…..
    That said, you probably need to take a cold shower and wash the Max Hall love off. It was one game. Don’t set the guy up for failure.
    I really like him and hope he does great just as much as you do, but the defense won us that game.
    I really have no worries he won’t be successful, he has been a winner at every level. Just like I said with the defense in a previous post, if he puts a string of great games together then lets get excited.
    GO CARDS!!!

I apologize for not being on the chat, I know my insight was probably greatly missed. Ha Ha. j/k….but seriously.

15. By TBru on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Voted for Max

16. By Secret on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

They’re recent play, good or bad, doesn’t matter to how popular they are. The Cardinals are a very interesting team to watch and follow. I think the inconsistent play is what makes people catch on. (if that makes sense)

17. By Lone-Eagle on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Hey fellow Cards fans,
    I look at it this way, Max didn’t win the game for us, this is true, but he didn’t lose it either. After that first interception, he got amnesia! After the fumbles, same thing. He never lost his composure and he put his body out there for the team. And oh by the way, Hall was never even drafted, which tells me that 31 other teams, including the Cards didn’t see something in him! Thank goodness the Cards picked him up. Hall did not win the game, but he definately didn’t lose it either, in fact he managed it quite well!! I say rookie of the week!! Keep it up Max! Enjoy the week off, and lets kick some Seachicken butt!! Hey Max, It is really time to make history and prove them all wrong!!!

18. By CK London on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

London cards fan says hi to all diehard fellow fans. That game was not good for our blood pressure but good for our morale. Great defence, nice game Max & Fitz is fired up again. Keep improving & let’s win the ‘battle in Seattle’. Who were the 48ers? Division favorites? Keep dreaming Joe, Steve & Jerry! Scoop & score again Levi!

19. By Logan Cooper on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

I noticed on the chat their was a lot of people questioning Money Mike.
    I don’t know if people put this together but he was the one who stopped Ladell Betts on that crucial 3rd down. Then, Mike Carney missed the field goal.
    Those two plays changed the entire momentum of the game.

To me, that’s why they like Money Mike.

20. By Peter in Canada on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Casey- There is no arguement here about the statistics. The point I would make is that statisics point to past performance. On Sunday what people saw gave them hope for a brighter future. The first four games were about DA and the players seemed to have an attitude that losing teams have. They were looking for the roof to fall in. On Sunday when they were down 10-0 very quickly, the players responded very differently. They sucked it up and went after the Saints. I think that the statistics will improve as the team improves.

21. By ross on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Darren, aside from being a great writer, you are one witty dude.

22. By trent on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Darren

when o’brein schofeild eligible?

23. By Darren Urban on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Trent —

RE: Schofield

He can return next week.

24. By Logan Cooper on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

I had some downtime alright…….

This year’s stats from Cardinals players last year vs. this year’s Cardinals players who replaced them.

Boldin: G: 5 Rec: 28 Yds: 363 Avg: 13.0 Long: 38 Td: 3
    Breaston: G: 3 Rec: 14 Yds: 183 Avg: 13.1 Long: 35 Td: 1

Edge: Boldin, but in all reality not by much. Boldin has great stats and has won the ravens a game from his 3 td performance against the browns. Aside from that, he hasn’t made much of an impact. Breaston has been a big factor in all the games he has played in as well as a strip that probably won or changed the outcome of the game. Still hard to compare the two because of the games played.

Rolle: Tack- 31 Solo: 27 Int: 0 PD: 0 Stfy: 1 Td: 0
    Rhodes: Tack- 30 Solo: 27 Int: 1 PD: 5 Stfy: 4 Td: 2

Edge: Rhodes
    His INT against the rams was a basically a game clincher. 2 fumble recoveries for TD’s. His last one was a factor in beating the saints. So far, a huge upgrade from Rolle and Rolle was a great player for us.

Dansby: Tack- 29 Solo: 21 Stf: 0 Stfy: 0 Int: 0 PD: 1 Sack: 1
    Washington: Tack- 31 Solo: 27 Stf: 2 Stfy: 4 Int: 0 PD: 0 Sack: 0
    Lenon: Tack: 43 Solo: 35 Stf: 4 Stfy: 16 Int: 2 Pd: 4 Sack: 1

Edge: Stats wise, it could go either way so it is hard to say who the winner is. Dansby has en edge just because of the leadership he brought to the team.
    Washington does get caught on linemen and has had some rough times but overall he is nothing short of impressive.
    It is really against Washington and Dansby but Lenon’s stats really amazed me.

McFadden: Tack: 23 FF: 0 Stf: 0 Sfty: 0 Int: 1 Pd: 4
    Toler: Tack: 35 FF: 2 Stf: 2 Stfy: 4 Int: 1 Pd: 5

Edge: Toler. Enough said.

Looking at this in detail just gives me even more confidence in our coaching staff and especially Whiz.

25. By sgt602 on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Hall named TOPPS Rookie of the week for week 5.

26. By Eazy E on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Good for the Cards finally some damn respect and max will be tough to beat in the rookie of the week voting

27. By trent on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

alright thanks

28. By joe again on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Logan —

I prefer hot showers.

If you re-read my post, I was very careful to not over-state things.

Casey —

I think if someone gave you a bar of gold, you would say it was too heavy.

29. By Dre on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Noticing the Cards …

After getting an interception on the 2 yard line, I noticed we ran on 1st down, gaining ’bout a yard and then on 2nd down we decided to throw the ball which ended up almost being intercepted by the Saints. On third down we throw the ball again which lead to a busted play and a busted up QB…luckily Brown was there to take it in for a TD.

If we can’t score from the 2 yard line without throwing the ball we are in bad bad shape. Yeah we won the game and I am glad but that was really bad play calling by Whisenhunt…4 downs to get 2 yards.

I also noticed horrible clock management at the end of the game also. If we could have gotten a first down the game would have been over. But if we didn’t get the first down we would of given the ball back with maybe 20 to 15 second left on the clock instead we gave it back with 50 seconds left on the clock which is plenty of time to go 50 yards and kick a field goal.

I see why DRC didn’t take a knee after the last interception…he is a direct reflection of his coaching.

30. By Havasu Tom on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Good evening Darren,
    It doesn’t surprise me that the Cardinals are 11th on the list this year. Whiz has has run a very clean nest and coin such great phrases that are now used around the league. You the team media has done an excellent job at bring the face of the Cardinals through print and who could leave out calvesi and the wolf. Everyone thinks Wolf is nuts, and they be right, but it’s so much fun.
    Thanks to all!!!!!

31. By SeeingRed on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Rookie of the week for what exactly? getting up after getting smashed on the goal line? Let’s not forget the bar has been set pretty darn low..all we wanted was a guy who could complete a pass to the best WR in the league. He did kind of get his start by default, no? Leinart couldn’t do it because his confidence was shattered-though i would have liked to see what he did (in the regular season) after getting benched in preseason-he plays better mad..anyhow, Hall did about average. Good enough that he didn’t lose us the game though he sure tried to with his interception (and other close calls), fumbles, etc. The defense obviously won the game since they scored more TD’s than the offense. In the end, he needs to get better fast and if the team is willing to ride with him then I will too.

PS Someone please tell Hall to stop talking like he has been in the league forever with his “in this league, it’s all about winning” “I’m in command”…how about “I want to do whatever I can to help my team win” or “I hope my play will inspire my teammates to follow my lead”?
    dude, is the ink on your Rookie Free Agent contract even dry yet? Your uncle is the NFL vet not you. Just comes off really cocky and annoying-especially when u are saying u are in command over Fitz, Breaston, and Timmy H?? c’mon man!

Positive note: The Hyphen, Rhodes, Toler, and Lenon-love how they are playing-simply lights out
    In Whiz we trust.

32. By Chuck on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

CARDINAL NATION RISE UP RED SEA!!!!!!!!!!!

33. By Dre on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Noticing the Cards …

I also noticed we were dead even with the time of possession….something that wasn’t big on the To Do List in the past. Maybe, just maybe we should concentrate on figuring out how to do this consistently and perhaps good things will come our way!!!

34. By Nathan on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

Thanks for the link – I cast my vote.

I’ll admit I was skeptical about Max Hall, but IMO he did exactly what I hoped he would – not turn over the ball too many times, keep time of possesion closer to 30 min to give the D time to regroup on the bench, keep the game in reach.

After that we just hope for the best!

I have to wonder, did the D play inspired, or were they more inspired to play with Max under center? Guess we’ll find out as the season moves forward.

35. By BigRedFan on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

How cool is it to win a game with no offensive TD’S? D is finally stepping it up when it matters. Been with the Cards since the Jim Hart days back in StL. Had no intentions of jumping ship this season!

36. By Jesse Robles on Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

I hope we fly under the radar forever, we just need to worry about winning games. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Ours just needs to play more consistent. Rooting for Chicago, San Diego, and Oakland this week. They might need the Riot Squad at Candlestick Park if the Raiders beat the Niners and they go 0-6…uh oh!! Rest up for them Seahawks! Time for a WIN STREAK!!

37. By Ross on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Do you have any insight into beanie vs. timmy split going forward?

38. By Darren Urban on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Ross —

RE: RB split

Nope.

39. By chad d. on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

seeingred, why so much negativity? did you see what any other offensive rookie did this past week? exactly. they did nothing compared to him.

40. By Jerry on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Max Hall won the game?

The game I watched the defense won the game. Was I not watching the same game you were? I saw Jay Feely as the only offense. Cardinals offense? What offense? Only 12 1st downs and 4-15 on 3rd downs. The bandwagon thickens to a rookie that did NOTHING except throw a pick and fumble twice.

Cards still need a QB.

41. By Casey on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

RE: Bye Week Schedule (Whiz’s 1-2 Record after the Bye)

First of all, I have extremely high expectations for everything in life, and yes, the Cardinals are no different and I will use every opportunity to try to hold them to a higher level of expectations like “winners” do in bigger cities with brighter lights (you should read the most recent article from Bill Plaske of the LA Times regarding USC football after 2 consecutive last second losses or a similar article about the Lakers when they only win by single digits; I’ve also lived in New York and can tell you the same thing about expectations for the New York teams). That’s fine, to each his own, but since I’ve lived in other cities, I try to use what I find constructive in those places to try to improve my hometown, including its sports teams.

Before your rip me for making the NFL to College comparison (85 scholarship players vs. 53-man roster, 12 games vs. 16 games + pre-season + post-season, etc.), I offer the following as a completely different approach that ASU & Dennis Erickson are taking going into their bye week after a big win:

“As they started their bye week, the Sun Devils returned to the basics in many respects. For example, the defense spent a lot of time on stripping ball-carriers and pressuring the quarterback.

Coach Dennis Erickson said ASU would practice pretty hard again Wednesday before scrimmaging Thursday. He plans to try a few players at different positions and get the younger players some work as well.”

Look, if the Cards were 3-0 under Whiz following the bye and not 1-2, I wouldn’t offer this as a different approach that perhaps Whiz should consider. But the fact is, the Cards traditionally under perform coming out of the bye. Why is that Darren? Is it possible that by giving the players a light week of practice, Whiz is in effect sending his players the signal that what was more important was the win over the Saints, not preparing for Seattle? The subtle message might be, “don’t worry guys; you got the big one- the Saints game; now go take some time off and don’t worry so much about Seattle, it’s not nearly as big a deal as that Saints game you just won.”

That signals let down to me. And history proves it with Whiz’s record.

If I’m Whiz, I point out the Cards’ pathetic statisical rankings through 5 weeks and demand better with a regular week of practice. I don’t reward lack of production through 5 weeks. Minimally, I’m bringing the entire offense back to work all week- they did nothing in that game to deserve the win. And quite frankly, the offense has been awful every game whereas the defense and special teams have at least made cameo appearances this season. This offense needs all the work it can possibly get- every rep in every practice is an opportunity to get better, and until this team and its fans embrace that concept, mediocrity is what we will be left with.

But what do I know? I’m just a poor schlep who grew up in Tempe, went to public schools my entire life, but then decided I wanted a higher education from an Ivy League school on the East Coast and then wanted to hopefully use that education at a major financial institution in the nation’s 2nd largest city. I know, pretty low expectations for myself, probably should have just mailed it in after getting accepted to an Ivy and called it good… why demand better of anything, of anyone, or yourself, right Darren?

Thanks,
    Casey

42. By Darren Urban on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Casey —

RE: Bye week

As always, you are right. Unfortunately, you chose to be a banker or stock guy rather than go into NFL coaching, so you are at the mercy of NFL coaches to make decisions about their team.

I’m not going to rip you. You have every right to your opinion. And I’m guessing this isn’t the last time you will express it.

43. By MIKEFLORIO on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

there are no true die hard fans. You are all making yourself fools stating you are a die hard fan. i know of a couple of die hard fans, it was in the 03′ season and there was a two guys who sat behind me at sun devil stadium who had their season tickets since 1988. They were cheering for Kasper a special team player and WR. Those two gentlemen were the real deal. everyone else came along when the new stadium was built.SUCKA FISHES!!!!!!!!

44. By Chris B on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Left field question:
    When Orlando Pace was here, what was the issue of him not being signed? Was it similar to Dansby, wanting a lot of money and going where ever it was? Just wondering.

45. By Darren Urban on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Chris B —

RE: Orlando Pace

What?

46. By Chris B on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Jerry,
    Max Hall got most first down through the air because the run game stunk. The previous 4 games we had 15 first downs when DA couldn’t complete the forward pass. Max’s rating through 1.5 games is 57.6. DA’s is 59.0.
    His first INT was garbage time against Atlanta. He did not, despite throwing the ball 90% of the time, throw an INT @ Chargers. We won’t win games with DA. Period. Is Max the future? Who knows. Does he give us a better shot? Yes he does. Did he win the game? Nope. Did Jay Feeley kick FGs? Yes, but Hall gave him the chance to do so, unlike DA. Can a defense who plays like that every Sunday lead us to the playoffs? Yes. Baltimore did it, Jets did it, “Stealers” did it.

47. By Shooter on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Anyone want to guess as to why Casey has too much time on his hands?

48. By Logan Cooper on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Casey, (a.k.a Derek from step brothers)
    Please keep posting, because your last paragraph was a complete gem.
    Ivy league references in a run on sentence…..love it.

49. By steve on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

It’s nice to see the team being ‘liked’ more by the public, that of course has to do with marketable players: fitzgerald, wilson– whisenhunt is also a great. (likable) coach (besides the X’s & O;s)– as far as this season goes –all that matters is the ‘W’s’ — it doesnt matter if you lose games 41-7 and win games 24-23, they are equal–the only people that focus onto that boloney is the media— the only number that matters is the final score, all things considered we are in 1st place, lots of changes, bad play all over and we are still in first place–hopefully we keep playing better and winning– I have been a fan all of my life, endured teams thar ‘should’ of won games, but our missed field goals, and bad breaks prevented that–and the way i see it this franchise is ‘owed’ many breaks by the football gods—finally: the key is getting into the playoffs, thats all!! look at last years jets –7-7, playing crappy, then 2 tems lay down and they back in– and they almost get to the superbowl—- so everybody stop whining and enjoy the 1st place team!!

50. By Scott H on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

The 11th most popular team in the NFL? The Cardinals??? WOW…that’s amazing. And AWESOME!!!

51. By Lone-Eagle on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Hey MikeFlorio,
    Would you do us all a favor and shut it about everyone being bandwagon fans and non-true die hard fans!! I don’t know about anyone else but I for one am sick and tired of hearing about it. Why don’t you give your history about being a DIE HARD Cardinals fan! I would love to hear it! I personally grew up not knowing much about football, but because my adopted father was a Lions fan and he would watch the games I knew about it. It was an excellent way to clear everyone out of the living room. I got into football at 13, but not by my choice. I decided to go out for the freshman team at Shadow Mtn H.S. so I didn’t have to go home and get spanked by my mother, true story!! I started watching football on occassion, but the only team that was ever on was the 49ers. I got to watching Cool Joe and Jerry Rice, and just thought they were awesome, as well as a few other players. Then in 1988, the Cardinals came to town and I was thrilled. Az finally had a team, so I became a fan of both teams. It wasn’t until the merger of the divisions that I became 100% Cardinals fan, even when they were terrible. I remember Neil Lomax, Jake Plummer straight out of ASU, as well as too many others to name. I have lived in Tucson for the Last 20 years minus my 4 years in the Marine Corps. With the cost of living and really never being able to afford a game, I have never been to a live game(sucks to be me) But if they are televised I watch them every week, the Cards that is. One day I’ll make it to a game, and maybe even one day I will be able to afford season tickets! Right now I just want to be able to afford my electric bill! I am thrilled that you are a die hard fan, and truuly I would love to hear your stories, but quit knockin people until you really know them!!! Sorry Darren, I apologize for going off on a tangent like that, just Tired of hearin it. I really do believe the Cards are going to win this division. They have the talent to do it, and I believe that with Max, they may have the next Kurt Warner, only faster. I’m not sayin, I am just sayin’!!

52. By Logan cooper on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Lone-eagle,
    Block of text, lost me on the second sentence.

Jeez, is this tell your life story day on this site?

53. By Chris B on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Er, sorry. Calvin Pace, not Orlando.

54. By Darren Urban on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Chris B —

RE: Calvin Pace

I believe the question was about why Pace got away. They felt Calvin was worth “x” amount and never imagined he’d get what he did on the open market. The Jets ended up paying him way more than the Cards expected to have to pay Pace, whom, if you recall, had just the one good year (2007) up until that point.

55. By Lone-Eagle on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Hey Cooper,
    Don’t like it, don’t read it!!! Besides I was talkin to Mike!! And no, it’s not my life story!! What the hell is block of text, you lost me on that one.

56. By montana card man on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

I have been a card fan for 40 years and until 2008 one of only about 10 in the whole state of Montana. Its awesome to see there popularity rise! There is strength in numbers! Go Cards

57. By Ctownbeatdown on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Oh my god! I couldn’t agree more with Florio!!! HAHAHA. SUCKA FISHES! This is why i can’t go to a game, you get a bunch of fans that think they know what they are talking about. Stats win fantasy footballs games, they don’t win in the real game on sundays.

58. By SeeingRed on Oct 13, 2010 | Reply

Chad D-

You’re right, I was a bit negative- my apologies. Sunday’s win was a total team effort and win-and Max did very solid for his first start. I really do hope Max does really well and the team rallies around him. I have to remember to not comment as much at the end of a long work day 🙂

Go Cards, get some rest and get ready to take it to the Seahawks

59. By pacardfan on Oct 14, 2010 | Reply

To MikeFlorio,

Who are you to judge one as a fan? What is your track record? Do u even know who Kasper is, or do you only know b/c of those two fans cheering for him? I don’t take much on the neg. comments on here, that people make about the Cardinals, b/c I’m a true Cardinals fan. Your comment that there is no die-hard Cardinals fans on here, is very disrespectfulll. I live in PA and I have followed the cardinals since their days as Phoenix, back when Buddy Ryan was the HC, and Seth Joyner, played, Pat Tillman, Chuck Cecil, Roy Green, Annease Williams, Larry Centers (in my op., one of the bet FB ever), and Ricky Proehl, and thelist goes on….including Kasper, whom I knew of and liked watching him play and even remeber benching starters in Madden games so he would start. So to bash many fans here, u need to respect those who REALLY ARE TRUE DIE HARD FANS! A side fact….I was able to go to a few games around my hometown and even got a chance to go to their training camp last year…and being from PA, I knew more about the team then most. Yes, there are a few non-die harders out there, but don’t disrespect all the true fans that come on here and like to read Darrens post on how their fav. team is doing.

60. By Lone-Eagle on Oct 14, 2010 | Reply

Pacardfan,
    Well spoken, nice job! I remember watching every player you just mentioned. You obviously know your stuff!! I am not a lifetime fan, but I am a die hard fan.

61. By pacardfan on Oct 15, 2010 | Reply

Thanks Lone-Eagle. I like comng on here to read updates on how thetea is doing both on and off-field, and when people come onto Darren site to bash other fans who they think aren’t,. to me, their not only disrespecting those fans, but Darren too, since it’s his aricals, in which one comes on to read and write about.

62. By Eric smith on Oct 17, 2010 | Reply

Just wanted to say that I have been a die hard ever since 1982 when they were the saint Louis football cardinals. I don’t think anyone could love the team more than me. We have all suffered through some hard times, but it’s time to unite as the big red sea. I have never been as excited as I have been the last several years, except for the final 3 regular season games in 1998 and then whipping Dallas in the play offs. I bleed cardinal red. I just hope I get a chance to see them play when I go to Afghanistan

2. Oct 12, 2010: Noticing the Cards – Word From the Birds Blog | Calling Cards Live